Need a ticket for my penis inspection

Need a ticket for my penis inspection

Postby Enlight » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 am

I need a ticket
No sap story
No bullshit
I just need a ticket
and how does a desert sell out? next week the hospitals begin to overfill....are we in china already?
Enlight

Re: Need a ticket for my penis inspection

Postby bolerguy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:35 am

My buddy is in the same shape, I got mine early and he didn't get the ok to go until the "sold out" sign went up. But adding the tickets for sale on Ebay, stubbhub etc (just a couple of hundred) and most not selling. It looks to me like if the organization just sold a few hundred more before cutting off sales it would have avoided this mess. Anyway they learned something, they can charge more next year.....
bolerguy

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:44 am

Enlight wrote:....and how does a desert sell out?

You'll see; it's quite amusing.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am

bolerguy wrote:It looks to me like if the organization just sold a few hundred more before cutting off sales it would have avoided this mess.

They didn't have the option.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 am

Sure, because there are only a few hundred people looking for tickets lol...

I've got news for you. There is demand for at least 7000 tickets out there, with fewer than 1000 tickets floating around (between friends with tickets, Craig's List, eBay, ePlaya, etc). Just looking at ePlaya (which is a generally hopeful place), the picture's pretty grim. 2,000 have signed up since tickets sold out (3,000 since the beginning of July. Plus many ePlaya veterans are looking. Let's just go with the post-sellout members, 2K people looking for an average of 2 tickets apiece. 4,000 people. And 19 tickets being offered, if you include posts about raffles and contests.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby A Jester » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:59 am

I approve of your lack of bullshit.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby Mansoon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

The numbers you see here are the tip of some desert iceberg, no doubt. I'm a relentless booster of Burning Man, so I partly blame myself, but there are far, FAR too many stories of veterans and hight percentages of camps looking, even with scalpers. The final numbers last year I saw on the board were over 51K; I was proud of that, but wonder if BMORG got threatened with a big honkin' fine if it happened again. They need to appeal for a "population variance" to take the pressure off (and kick the Stubf**ks of this world in the nuts so they back off next year)
Mansoon

Postby Playa Hater » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Enlight wrote:I need a ticket
No sap story
No bullshit
I just need a ticket
and how does a desert sell out?

No. You want a ticket. And the answer to your question is on the front page of the BM website. You can also google it. Its not hard to find.
Playa Hater

Postby Playa Hater » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:56 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
bolerguy wrote:It looks to me like if the organization just sold a few hundred more before cutting off sales it would have avoided this mess.

They didn't have the option.

If that's what it looks like to you then you should clean the dust off your goggles. They did not have a choice in the matter. And there are more than a few hundred people looking for tickets.
Playa Hater

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:56 pm

We need to find a bigger desert.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Enlight » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:56 pm

[quote="Ugly Dougly"][quote="Enlight"]....and how does a desert sell out? [/quote]

You'll see; it's quite amusing.[/quote]

I am hoping I'll make it. Somehow....
Enlight

Postby graidawg » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:We need to find a bigger desert.

completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Isotopia » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 pm

The OP's lack of heart tugging bullshit is refreshing.

I hope you find a fair deal on a ticket.
Isotopia

Postby Enlight » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 pm

still looking....drop me a pm
Enlight

Postby bolerguy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:36 pm

"If that's what it looks like to you then you should clean the dust off your goggles. They did not have a choice in the matter. And there are more than a few hundred people looking for tickets."

I could be very wrong, just hadn't seen that many posts looking vs those selling.
LIke years past a lot people that have to drop out would have been looking to sell at face value if they could get it if there was no shortage.
And I wonder how many people don't buy till the last 3 weeks? Most likely a lot more than I figure.....

Stand corrected, Roy
bolerguy

Postby Enlight » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:13 pm

cmon anyone? I still have hope!!!
Enlight

Postby edcamwest » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Or smaller people...
edcamwest

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Enlight wrote:cmon anyone? I still have hope!!!

We're not waiting for you to recite the magic words--we're not holding out on you. :) It's that the Sellers are posting, and Buyers are flocking to them. So tell all your real life friends & family you're looking, and be ready to chase. The gazelle is not going to stroll up with a cigarette holder dangling from its hoof and say "Heyyyyy." You have to chase it! Kill it! Eat it! Get that @#$% ticket.

Or no dinner!

Good luck.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby NellieX » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:46 pm

If you post a picture I'm sure eplaya would be happy to spam it all over the internet inspect it for you?
NellieX

Postby A Jester » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:59 pm

edcamwest wrote:

Or smaller people...

I like it.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby Here and there » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Enlight wrote:I need a ticket
No sap story
No bullshit
I just need a ticket

I'm probably going to end up sounding like a broken record on this point, but have you talked to your local representative? No guarantees, it's a long shot, but people talk to each other, and word of mouth has a way of finding its way over to these guys. Maybe somebody was planning to go, but things came up, and now he wants to know how to sell an expensive ticket he can't use, in order to recover the cost. He goes to a party, talks about it, and word gets around.

Or no such thing happens, but at worst, you've wasted a little breath, and somebody who hears a lot and likes to help people knows that you're looking.

Enlight wrote:and how does a desert sell out?

Responsible custodianship of the land, Enlight, that's how, at least in part. Neither the BLM nor the LLC has done anything other than what each of them should.
When in doubt, hit the ignore key. You'll seldom miss anything worth reading, and your blood pressure will thank you.

My Homepage: Torchlight
Other Pages: My Foes List
Here and there

Postby Enlight » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks for the good feedback everyone.
This would be my first burn so I dont have a local representative. And my circle of friends are far from the burner type. Not to mention in my area everyone is flocking to tickets. Even craigslist has people selling tix for 800 a pop. But I see what you did there....You got me sounding like the rest of the pathetic souls with their bullshit excuses so i wont ramble further because that was the whole point of this thread.
About the picture of my penis it can be arranged if you desire. Drop me a pm with your face shot and I'll gladly drop you some of me in return.
Enlight

Postby Here and there » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 am

Enlight wrote:This would be my first burn so I dont have a local representative.

On the contrary - you always have a local representative, whether you've ever been to Burning Man or not. Just go to the regional network page on the Burning Man homepage, find where you live on that map, and click away.

Don't think that because you haven't already been to Burning Man, that those representatives aren't there to help you. Virgins are more than welcome to drop by.

Enlight wrote:But I see what you did there....You got me sounding like the rest of the pathetic souls with their bullshit excuses

Only because you choose to see yourself that way. I didn't find your request pathetic, and I saw no signs of anybody else feeling that it was, either. You know where you want to be, and you're making an effort to get there. Nothing wrong with that.
When in doubt, hit the ignore key. You'll seldom miss anything worth reading, and your blood pressure will thank you.

My Homepage: Torchlight
Other Pages: My Foes List
Here and there

Postby Savannah » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 am

But I see what you did there....You got me sounding like the rest of the pathetic souls with their bullshit excuses so i wont ramble further because that was the whole point of this thread.

Incorrect. I'd hazard that this is one of the top 3 most civil, least annoying "I need a ticket" threads on ePlaya. Buyers threads are rarely effective (because Sellers don't usually read them) but you didn't try to give anyone a hard luck story, and we respected you for it. If you've a mind to do it, keep refreshing the tickets page, and keep trying.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to 2011 Tickets