**SOLD** "uhmble scalper" 2 will call tickets $555.50 each

Re: OFFERED: "uhmble scalper" 2 will call tickets $555.50 ea

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:56 am

graidawg wrote:
burning man offers an enviroment where capatalism is simply removed,

Sorry to disappoint you again, but that is simply bull shit. Capitalism is removed ONCE YOU PASS THROUGH THE GATES OF THE EVENT. But without spending a whole shit load of money prior to that, just in preparation, you could never attend. Without the thousands of dollars spent by ticket holders, artists, kickstarter, etc., which is capitalism at it's finest, there would be no burning man. For someone spending over $10,000.00 in preparation, a ticket at $900.00 isn't a big expense. It's just an added cost to protect their investment from their failure to buy their ticket in a more timely manner.

So, please, never make the mistake of thinking that capitalism is somehow removed from the event. (unless you live in a world where your plane tickets were free, or your food, tent, art, and whatever else you bring to the event is free too.)

And speaking of plane tickets, you can buy them for cheap if you buy them months in advance too, but try to buy the same ticket for a flight if you're leaving the same or next day. Is that scalping too? Nope, that's just capitalism!

Burning Man ain't no free everything hippie commune. :roll:
Last edited by jkisha on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:59 am

JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 am

Brilliant, ellorum.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Nivloc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:39 am

Seems like people only want to pay face value? Well I will pay you what you want , thats cool i belive in capitalism and bank on it everyday. Please contact me at mndmelter@yahoo.com.
Nivloc

Burning Since: 2010

Postby billyisdancing » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 am

I'll buy em'
310-455-2169 :o
billyisdancing

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:53 am

How did I miss this. LOL
Elorrum wrote:Image
JK
jkisha

Postby graidawg » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:38 am

jkisha wrote:
graidawg wrote:
burning man offers an enviroment where capatalism is simply removed,

Sorry to disappoint you again, but that is simply bull shit. Capitalism is removed ONCE YOU PASS THROUGH THE GATES OF THE EVENT. But without spending a whole shit load of money prior to that, just in preparation, you could never attend. Without the thousands of dollars spent by ticket holders, artists, kickstarter, etc., which is capitalism at it's finest, there would be no burning man. For someone spending over $10,000.00 in preparation, a ticket at $900.00 isn't a big expense. It's just an added cost to protect their investment from their failure to buy their ticket in a more timely manner.

So, please, never make the mistake of thinking that capitalism is somehow removed from the event. (unless you live in a world where your plane tickets were free, or your food, tent, art, and whatever else you bring to the event is free too.)

And speaking of plane tickets, you can buy them for cheap if you buy them months in advance too, but try to buy the same ticket for a flight if you're leaving the same or next day. Is that scalping too? Nope, that's just capitalism!

Burning Man ain't no free everything hippie commune. :roll:

Do people spend $10 000 to make a profit? no. the art is for burning man people buy a lot of stuff to GIVE IT AWAY thats not capitalism, many people make stuff to give away or whatever, thats the exact opposite of capitalism. The vast mojority of what happens at BM is done by volounteers, people who do with no expactation of financial reward, or if they do get a reward its a ticket which is financially less valuable than the time they contribute, so no the capitalism isnt removed once you pass through the gate Its removed as soon as possible whrever possible. hence BMorg now being non-profit. Sure my palne ticket cost money but its got nothing to do with BM now has the food i buy or anything else for that matter. it would get eaten or drink wherever i was. Now i am sure there are artists who create art for burning man and later sell it, or even agree the purchase on the playa but that is the minority if anyone. People spend huge amounts of money so others can enjoy it for free our tickets cost money because creating Bm costs (like this very forum)the money scalpers or others selling there tickets does not add to burning man it takes the money away for every ticket that costs an extra $700 thats $700 less on the playa or worse one more tourist who pays to go and be entertained and one less pARTicpant.
And yes my tent is free and my art why? because someone else has thoughtfuly provided it - in fact because they have i can help someone else get to the playa, and they can help someone else, so because TS started the IBP and MDF offerred a ride, someone else put poems and music on the internet FOR FREE for me to copy 3 people who couldn't otherwise go are able to. All because capitalism stops long before the gate JK. In fact somebody else even paid my camp dues Then told me they had so even my camp is free for me. Now i haven't asked for any of this (ok i asked for the IBP).
So in summary capitalism stops long before the gate if you follow the principles laid down for burning man and that JK my friend is why i am so fucking dissapointed in

jkisha wrote:
Money talks. Get over it
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby bolerguy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Jo-Jo

just becasue i thought "how can they selll out, its the desert???"

I thought the same thing, Roy
bolerguy

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:40 pm

You're making a false distinction. Couldn't have money to spend on things to gift without capitalism. Which is why BM couldn't exist on its own much longer than a week. A true gifting economy could never exist over time.
graidawg wrote:
Do people spend $10 000 to make a profit? no. the art is for burning man people buy a lot of stuff to GIVE IT AWAY thats not capitalism, many people make stuff to give away or whatever, thats the exact opposite of capitalism. The vast mojority of what happens at BM is done by volounteers, people who do with no expactation of financial reward, or if they do get a reward its a ticket which is financially less valuable than the time they contribute, so no the capitalism isnt removed once you pass through the gate Its removed as soon as possible whrever possible. hence BMorg now being non-profit. Sure my palne ticket cost money but its got nothing to do with BM now has the food i buy or anything else for that matter. it would get eaten or drink wherever i was. Now i am sure there are artists who create art for burning man and later sell it, or even agree the purchase on the playa but that is the minority if anyone. People spend huge amounts of money so others can enjoy it for free our tickets cost money because creating Bm costs (like this very forum)the money scalpers or others selling there tickets does not add to burning man it takes the money away for every ticket that costs an extra $700 thats $700 less on the playa or worse one more tourist who pays to go and be entertained and one less pARTicpant.
And yes my tent is free and my art why? because someone else has thoughtfuly provided it - in fact because they have i can help someone else get to the playa, and they can help someone else, so because TS started the IBP and MDF offerred a ride, someone else put poems and music on the internet FOR FREE for me to copy 3 people who couldn't otherwise go are able to. All because capitalism stops long before the gate JK. In fact somebody else even paid my camp dues Then told me they had so even my camp is free for me. Now i haven't asked for any of this (ok i asked for the IBP).
So in summary capitalism stops long before the gate if you follow the principles laid down for burning man and that JK my friend is why i am so fucking dissapointed in

JK
jkisha

Postby SonyaSophia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello, I teach a healing modality called EFT (Emotional Freedom techniques) to thousands of burners every year during Bm at Red Lightning. This year I moved to London to marry my Brit. So my ticket money just was earned last week only to find out they are sold out! I would love to buy your tickets at your asking price so I can continue to serve the BM community in healing and fulfilling their dreams. The work I do for RedLighting is too important and valuable not to be able to come at the last moment.  I am slated to give six 2 hr healing presentations with the biggest and most bright alternative healing camps on the playa.  I am also invited to offer a submission to give TEDX talk presentation, recorded from the playa, which will go out to
millions viewers. Here is a link to videos showing my work for the Burner community on the playa.
http://www.god-dess-in-us.us/audiovideo.html

http://www.god-dess-in-us.us/photoalbum.html

I will go on pure faith to the gates with no ticket if I have to, its really that big of a deal to me to be there this year. I have  been the last 12 in service to the greater good and have so much to  do there this year.

It's a such a mess that I didn't have my funds together to move from California to London. to get married  and to fly back to BM in just 8 weeks. It will really support a lot of fellow humanbeings to heal their pain from things like accidents, injuries, illnesses, medical problems, emotional pain, abuse and addictions. Please trust me and I'll trust you. Together healing for this world is possible. Thanks for being willing to go through all this. You could have sold them for alot more on eBay like so many others have done. Good job for posting here instead.
In loving service,
Sonya Sophia
SonyaSophia

Postby jujubellita » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Email me and jujubellita@gmail.com. I have an offer for you if you're still looking to get the tickets off your hands.
jujubellita

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Sorry.
Last edited by theCryptofishist on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Elorrum » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:34 pm

I agree Fishy that is a winner. the hyphens in god-dess are cool too.
Makes me want to get saved, er healed, cured?
no, I wonder how much humor resides in a healthy spirit. I like the dark side too much.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Elorrum wrote:I like the dark side too much.

(It might be the cookies...)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm

"too important and valuable" is my favorite.

Here silly girl, read this: The Jaded Fuck Guide to Getting a Burning Man Ticket
JK
jkisha

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:08 pm

nothing important.
Last edited by theCryptofishist on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby jkisha » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Yup, that's a good one too! First time I've heard it this year. (well maybe any year)
theCryptofishist wrote:Why didn't I highlight "I will go on pure faith to the gates with no ticket if I have to"? That's really championship stuff.
Plus, it might have her visiting the Pershing County sheriff. Professor Plum
JK
jkisha

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:51 pm

jkisha wrote:Yup, that's a good one too! First time I've heard it this year. (well maybe any year)
theCryptofishist wrote:Why didn't I highlight "I will go on pure faith to the gates with no ticket if I have to"? That's really championship stuff.
Plus, it might have her visiting the Pershing County sheriff. Professor Plum

I moved my snark over to the ticket score thread.
http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=43541
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby lisamariebass » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 pm

can i pls buy your tickets? I am in australia, have booked my flights for bm but no tickets! please consider me, lisa
lisamariebass

Previous

Return to 2011 Tickets