*CLOSED* Camping Spot with RevoFuckinLution for Ticket

*CLOSED* Camping Spot with RevoFuckinLution for Ticket

Postby PapaBear2120 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 am

EDIT: along with the benefits listed below, we'll pay the face value of the ticket. EDIT: And on top of that: If you sell us your ticket, but aren't going, we'll give these benefits below to your bestest buddy!!!!! Free food, all week. Three meals a day. All the dank micro-beer that person can drink!!!!

We're still desperate to find tickets for some of our coordinators, so here's a trade offer.

We'll give you a spot in our sleeping bays (60'X20' shells we construct) and let you camp with us! What does this entail? I'm glad you asked.

We run a night time pub on the Playa serving 30 kegs of IPFuckingA and other homebrew throughout the week. We also have a full service kitchen that puts out three extremely delicious meals a day for all of our campers. You will never eat so well in the default world as you eat at our camp. We set up a sound system and we rock tunes for our guests and our campers to enjoy. We build a shower... yes... a shower. The general layout of the camp is three 25' domes, a bar, a dance floor, and a lounge. Two sleeping bays and a 20' X 20' kitchen bay.

Everyone who camps with us pays dues of $200 to enjoy all these benefits. We'll gladly pay for whatever above the $200 your ticket says on it!

RevoFuckinLution has won awards the last two years for being one of the best bars on the Playa. Now you, that's right, YOU can find out from the inside why we win awards!

We do ask that you be a fully functioning member of our camp. That means you work the bar, help clean, etc. All the normal maintenance that a camp requires. Burning Man is all about participation, isn't it?

Please email me if you're interested! papabear2120 @ gmailDOTcom

Can I get a "FUCK YEAH," please???!!!?
Last edited by PapaBear2120 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm only an asshole on the Playa. Especially when you give me a megaphone.
PapaBear2120

Re: Camping Spot with RevoFuckinLution for Ticket

Postby The CO » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:08 am

PapaBear2120 wrote:RevoFuckinLution has won awards the last two years for being one of the best bars on the Playa. Now you, that's right, YOU can find out from the inside why we win awards!

Like what? Chamber of Commerce? Fodors? AAA Guide? Village Voice? BRC Weekly? Cites?

(If your coordinators didn't buy tickets, it might be time for new management...)
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby PapaBear2120 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:47 am

Awards, I know, right? Certainly nothing official.

The first was in '09 from a guy who is part of the Necklace Factory. He made beautiful posters, with a matching patch, and an engraved medal. There were 350 of these passed out. It was quite an amazing experience when this man showed up in a dusty brown suit, fedora, and a beat up suit case. I had to sign this huge book and, while tripping balls, he explained to me the whole process of the awards and why he does it. My kitchen coordinator that year started crying while he was talking. The only part of the speech I remember verbatim was, "Just to confuse you more, I gave the people who built the man three awards this year, and I'm giving you three awards." It was an experience I'll never (completely, even if it's a bit hazy) forget.

Last year, it was a group of cool guys that had welded rebar into the shape of a man and stuck it on a trophy stand. It says, "Best Bar on the Playa."

Anyway, awards, especially at the Burn, are all from the perspective of those giving them out. All it really means to us, and anyone who would take us up on this offer, is that people appreciate and love our camp and energy.

Our head kitchen coord broke his leg this winter and he's been saving up to get a ticket while out of normal work. I'm trying anything to make sure we can get him a ticket. Without him, our kitchen won't run as amazingly as it does every year :)
PapaBear2120

Postby PapaBear2120 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Here's a picture of the '09 award.

IMG_0542 by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr
PapaBear2120

Postby PapaBear2120 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:41 pm

Here are the other two awards we won. How can you not want to help a theme camp that gets "Bad Ass Bar" and "Best Dressed"???? :)

IMG_0544 by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr

IMG_0545 by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr
PapaBear2120

Postby PapaBear2120 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:49 am

Still can't find anyone that wants to camp with us and be fed for free for a week. You don't need to camp with us to be fed. And at the very least, help us feed our camp by selling us a ticket so we can get our kitchen coordinator in!

So here's some enticing pictures of our camp:

Our kitchen in action:
62268_1611872061773_1385421847_31654633_1840200_n by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr

Nap Time!
58386_151760274844021_100000301481217_342584_727927_n by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr

Building the camp
IMG_3796 by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr

Our entrance
IMG_3729 by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr

IMG_3730 by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr

Can I get a "Fuck Yeah," please???!!!
l_09c35040880744e3890d708303b72dbf by Papa Bear 2120, on Flickr
PapaBear2120

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 am

Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby PapaBear2120 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am

Sure thing Cryptofishist,

There's a website with information about the structure design and the guy who first created it I'll post below. Easier than trying to explain it myself :)

http://www.toad.com/gnu/clifs-shade-structure.html

My first year was in '05 with Swingers Lounge and the structure design had been in use for a few years by them before I joined. They got their design from Cliff (an Oregon Country Fair connection). Cliff told me they used to use bamboo for the design at one point. Anyway, me and some buddies took over Swingers Lounge in '07 and renamed the camp CarboFuckiNation, I renamed it again in '09 as RevoFuckinLution.

We did some updates and fixes to the design. The biggest one that won't be listed on the web page is that we switched the cross sections into a single metal piece. It's one cross of metal, about 1' square, that the PVC slides into. The pressure from bending the PVC keeps it in place. The other update we did was to take out the bolts that would keep the PVC connected and insert one and half inch PVC into the two inch PVC. The smaller diameter sticks out a foot and is screwed together on one end. This way we just slide the long poles over the smaller pieces and, once again, the pressure keeps it connected. Much easier than laying it all out, lining up the holes, putting in bolts, and twisting nuts on.

If you got any questions after checking out the web page, I'll be glad to answer them :)
PapaBear2120

Postby PapaBear2120 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:38 pm

And still searching :lol:
PapaBear2120

Postby PapaBear2120 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:11 pm

And... still searching. It's a mad house!
PapaBear2120

Postby Chauncy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:27 pm

exclusive! I wish I had beer... wait I'm drinking whiskey. Happy Wed.
the fuk? is rawng with. you.
Chauncy

Postby PapaBear2120 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:19 pm

It's not exclusive :) We run a bar at the Playa and give away all our beer. We're just open from dusk till our allotment of kegs for the night runs out. The benefit is you can come and drink even when we're closed and we'll feed you!
PapaBear2120

Postby ladywednesday » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Where is your camp located? I may be interested ;) :twisted:
ladywednesday

Camp Name: Revofuckinlution

Postby PapaBear2120 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm

9 o'clock and the Portal! We're usually a camp back from the Esplanade. So not in quite in the midst of 24 hour party city, but just on the edge of it. Keeps us popping when we're open and mellow when we're closed during the day :)
PapaBear2120

Re: *CLOSED* Camping Spot with RevoFuckinLution for Ticket

Postby PapaBear2120 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:42 am

We've found a ticket for our Kitchen Coordinator!!! Thanks for contacting me or even reading these posts :)

We need a few more tickets if anyone out there has any, but we can't offer this trade anymore. Too few camp members and too much awesomeness to bring to the Playa!
PapaBear2120

Return to 2011 Tickets