No longer looking for 2 tix, less than $10,000 each...

Re: No longer looking for 2 tix, less than $10,000 each...

Postby graidawg » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:21 pm

xenira, please don't give up its people like you that make virgins like me want to go. I've had enough disapointments (and subsequent joys) with people from here that are cool not going/ unable to go having someone just give is not fair *stamps feets*

besides if its all super rich ultraconservative types going who is going to do the art?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby xenira » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:44 pm

graidawg wrote:xenira, please don't give up its people like you that make virgins like me want to go. I've had enough disapointments (and subsequent joys) with people from here that are cool not going/ unable to go having someone just give is not fair *stamps feets*

besides if its all super rich ultraconservative types going who is going to do the art?

In my nightmare, there were still lots of real burners doing amazing things, but they were outnumbered by all the super-elite, self-entitled tourists. *stomach does a backflip and gets stuck in throat* :shock:

I know there are still tons of super awesome people going!!! And you will undoubtedly have an amazing time no matter what! It's virgins like you that make me want to go back. :D
xenira

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:52 pm

You may want to check within your local/regional community, a lot of them have 'orphan burns' that might be a good runner-up plan. And then with regional decom events, there's another small dose of playa connectivity, and before you know it things will start to build again for the next iteration of the event.

My girlfriend and I had taken a few years off Burning Man, and we were both really starting to miss the playa and look forward to go back last year. While tickets didn't sell out, we took a hard look at our schedules and the logistics and made the very tough decision that it wasn't the year for us to go. We ended up heading into the 2011 'season' bubbling with ideas and a full head of steam from the start. Of course at the moment I still feel like there's so much to do we'll never finish in time, but I don't think we've ever been this excited and prepared to get out there. If this turns out not to be the year you get back, hopefully you experience similar next year.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby xenira » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:10 pm

trilobyte wrote:You may want to check within your local/regional community, a lot of them have 'orphan burns' that might be a good runner-up plan. And then with regional decom events, there's another small dose of playa connectivity, and before you know it things will start to build again for the next iteration of the event.

My girlfriend and I had taken a few years off Burning Man, and we were both really starting to miss the playa and look forward to go back last year. While tickets didn't sell out, we took a hard look at our schedules and the logistics and made the very tough decision that it wasn't the year for us to go. We ended up heading into the 2011 'season' bubbling with ideas and a full head of steam from the start. Of course at the moment I still feel like there's so much to do we'll never finish in time, but I don't think we've ever been this excited and prepared to get out there. If this turns out not to be the year you get back, hopefully you experience similar next year.

Well, that's really inspiring, Trilobyte. Yeah, I think it's a good sign that I'm disappointed because I really have felt indifferent about going for so long. It's good to see that my spark is re-ignited. I have so many friends who have been getting jaded and dropping out, as well, over the past few years. I just hope I can keep the spark burning enough to keep the momentum going. What's next year's theme?

I'm excited for you and your gal! I'm sure you'll get it all done.
xenira

Postby Dr Helix » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:34 pm

xenira wrote:
trilobyte wrote:You may want to check within your local/regional community, a lot of them have 'orphan burns' that might be a good runner-up plan. And then with regional decom events, there's another small dose of playa connectivity, and before you know it things will start to build again for the next iteration of the event.

Well, that's really inspiring, Trilobyte. Yeah, I think it's a good sign that I'm disappointed because I really have felt indifferent about going for so long. It's good to see that my spark is re-ignited. I have so many friends who have been getting jaded and dropping out, as well, over the past few years. I just hope I can keep the spark burning enough to keep the momentum going. What's next year's theme?

I'm excited for you and your gal! I'm sure you'll get it all done.

I am so sorry to hear you aren't coming. Out of all the posts I have looked at, yours was the one that made me put aside the snark and actively try to help. I came up empty unfortunately. Keep the faith Xenira as you seem to have that in abundance. I will keep a light on for you this year's at the burn, and hope you will come and share it in 2012. All the best.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby xenira » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Dr Helix wrote:I am so sorry to hear you aren't coming. Out of all the posts I have looked at, yours was the one that made me put aside the snark and actively try to help. I came up empty unfortunately. Keep the faith Xenira as you seem to have that in abundance. I will keep a light on for you this year's at the burn, and hope you will come and share it in 2012. All the best.

Thank, Doc. I gave it a good go, but it's just a little more murky out there than usual. I did get a reply from someone on CL for 2 tix for $650 (total, not each). He wants payment via Moneygram, so I'm writing it off as a scam. It's just sooooooooooooooo time consuming filtering through all the crap that I don't even have time to plan, prepare and create. I just had to sit myself down and have a little reality check and reality seems to have won. Better to save my energy for next year before I burn it all up on this nonsense, y'know?

Thanks for keeping a light on for me. I hope it's a nifty, flashing led light with lots of colors that spell out the words "YOU ARE AWESOME!!!" because you are awesome and you should be looking at a light like that right now. :D See you next year! xoxo
xenira

Postby graidawg » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:52 pm

:( i am so pissed off right now at all the "burners" looking to make a buck out of this. fuckers.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
graidawg

Postby xenira » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:04 pm

graidawg wrote::( i am so pissed off right now at all the "burners" looking to make a buck out of this. fuckers.

Yeah, it takes all kinds...I guess the world may be kinda boring if we were all sunshine and cupcakes all the time. I suppose we as physical beings in a dualistic 3D universe need to have some darkness so we can distinguish the light. We need something with which to compare the joy, or it would all feel the same.

I don't like it...at all, in fact...but for me, it's definitely not worth getting pissed about. There are much uglier things happening in our world right now to make this a big deal. There are plenty of real injustices happening that are deserving of outrage. We'll turn it all around next year. *puts on thinking cap and begins brainstorming solutions*
Last edited by xenira on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenira

Postby graidawg » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:06 pm

i could live with sunshine and cupcakes and dark chocolate for the dark times. see problem solved
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby xenira » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:13 pm

graidawg wrote:i could live with sunshine and cupcakes and dark chocolate for the dark times. see problem solved

MMMmmmm...dark chocolate cupcakes with sunshine cream filling!
xenira

Postby graidawg » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:16 pm

xenira wrote:
graidawg wrote:i could live with sunshine and cupcakes and dark chocolate for the dark times. see problem solved

yay for dark chocoalte and sunshine - wouldnt it melt though. pah! who cares its cupcakes and chocloate and sunshine YAY!
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby zombiesnow » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:51 pm

If you have a few spare dollars, and even a shred of and inkling of still wanting to go, I'd suggest checking this out:

http://www.luckyladylucy.com/luckyladyl ... affle.html
zombiesnow

Postby xenira » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:00 pm

graidawg wrote:
xenira wrote:

yay for dark chocoalte and sunshine - wouldnt it melt though. pah! who cares its cupcakes and chocloate and sunshine YAY!

Chocolate sunshine and chocolate rain...say it publicly and you're insane.

xenira

Postby xenira » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:02 pm

zombiesnow wrote:If you have a few spare dollars, and even a shred of and inkling of still wanting to go, I'd suggest checking this out:

http://www.luckyladylucy.com/luckyladyl ... affle.html

Thanks, Zombilicious! I'll definitely try my luck.
Last edited by xenira on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenira

Postby xenira » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm

xenira wrote:
Dr Helix wrote:I am so sorry to hear you aren't coming. Out of all the posts I have looked at, yours was the one that made me put aside the snark and actively try to help. I came up empty unfortunately. Keep the faith Xenira as you seem to have that in abundance. I will keep a light on for you this year's at the burn, and hope you will come and share it in 2012. All the best.

Thank, Doc. I gave it a good go, but it's just a little more murky out there than usual. I did get a reply from someone on CL for 2 tix for $650 (total, not each). He wants payment via Moneygram, so I'm writing it off as a scam. It's just sooooooooooooooo time consuming filtering through all the crap that I don't even have time to plan, prepare and create. I just had to sit myself down and have a little reality check and reality seems to have won. Better to save my energy for next year before I burn it all up on this nonsense, y'know?

Thanks for keeping a light on for me. I hope it's a nifty, flashing led light with lots of colors that spell out the words "YOU ARE AWESOME!!!" because you are awesome and you should be looking at a light like that right now. :D See you next year! xoxo

This last CL offer turned out to be a scammer. I wasted so much time yesterday going back and forth with him stringing me along. I'm officially burned out.
See you in the early ticket sales queue next year.
xenira

Postby KasiaB » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:25 pm

I hope my story might give you an inkling of hope and inspires you to follow my baby sis' advice (ZombieSnow) about the raffle option. I did not get a ticket before they sold out. I've been volunteering with burning man for a few years and had a gifted ticket last year so I assumed that I would be getting one this year. Well I didn't (or still have not received a reply that I would be getting one and I've abandoned hope) so i spent numerous hours on this forum and CL refreshing the page every minute, checking my email non stop hoping that my "you got your ticket" email would be there and checking out ebay for tickets close to face value....all of this was done over the last week and it was driving me insane!!!!! A dear, sweet friend of mine told me he was going to a fundraising event where 2 tickets were being raffled off with the sole intent of winning a ticket for me. At this point in the quest I had given up all hope and really did not believe this would happen. He even sent me a picture of the tickets from the raffle saying one of those would be mine. I remember smiling and thinking to myself how much I love this person for doing this, going out of their way and spending their hard earned money to try to win a ticket that some many people were bidding on. He really believe that it would be his, I really didn't. He called me at 1130 pm that day and said "I got it, I got your ticket" I thought this him just trying to be cute and I asked him if he was kidding me. He started laughing and said "I'm not joking, I won, I won you your ticket" well there was loads of laughing and screaming and jumping up and down and laughing some more. What are the odds, I keep thinking, what are the odds? As a realist I think slim to none, but it happens...What were my odds? I guess the same as yours, so no matter what just don't give up! Burning Man miracles do exist and my story is proof of that.

(If I do by some miracle receive the ticket I was hoping for I will msg you and if you still don't have you it can be all yours)
KasiaB

Postby xenira » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:14 pm

KasiaB wrote:I hope my story might give you an inkling of hope and inspires you to follow my baby sis' advice (ZombieSnow) about the raffle option. I did not get a ticket before they sold out. I've been volunteering with burning man for a few years and had a gifted ticket last year so I assumed that I would be getting one this year. Well I didn't (or still have not received a reply that I would be getting one and I've abandoned hope) so i spent numerous hours on this forum and CL refreshing the page every minute, checking my email non stop hoping that my "you got your ticket" email would be there and checking out ebay for tickets close to face value....all of this was done over the last week and it was driving me insane!!!!! A dear, sweet friend of mine told me he was going to a fundraising event where 2 tickets were being raffled off with the sole intent of winning a ticket for me. At this point in the quest I had given up all hope and really did not believe this would happen. He even sent me a picture of the tickets from the raffle saying one of those would be mine. I remember smiling and thinking to myself how much I love this person for doing this, going out of their way and spending their hard earned money to try to win a ticket that some many people were bidding on. He really believe that it would be his, I really didn't. He called me at 1130 pm that day and said "I got it, I got your ticket" I thought this him just trying to be cute and I asked him if he was kidding me. He started laughing and said "I'm not joking, I won, I won you your ticket" well there was loads of laughing and screaming and jumping up and down and laughing some more. What are the odds, I keep thinking, what are the odds? As a realist I think slim to none, but it happens...What were my odds? I guess the same as yours, so no matter what just don't give up! Burning Man miracles do exist and my story is proof of that.

(If I do by some miracle receive the ticket I was hoping for I will msg you and if you still don't have you it can be all yours)

Aw, Sugar! That's the sweetest story with the happiest ending...ever! Yeah, we do live in a very magical world, I know. I just haven't experienced much of it lately. Perhaps because I didn't believe deeply enough. You're inspiring me to not give up hope. Amazing things do happen every day. I remember participating in a raffle once. I bought 5 tickets. When they called the numbers for the 10 or so things they were offering, my numbers were call for 4 of them. I ended up giving away all my prizes to the people who looked really bummed out that their number didn't get called. I am a lucky girl. I just have to remember that.

I really appreciate your goodness. The time you took to tell me your story and your generous offer mean a lot to me. If I do somehow find myself with a beautiful, sparkly ticket in my hand, I will make sure to come find you on the playa and give you a giant, dusty hug!

Oceans of love,
Xenira

Iron Gate by xenira, on Flickr
xenira

Postby Dr Helix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm

xenira wrote:
KasiaB wrote:I hope my story might give you an inkling of hope and inspires you to follow my baby sis' advice (ZombieSnow) about the raffle option. I did not get a ticket before they sold out. I've been volunteering with burning man for a few years and had a gifted ticket last year so I assumed that I would be getting one this year. Well I didn't (or still have not received a reply that I would be getting one and I've abandoned hope) so i spent numerous hours on this forum and CL refreshing the page every minute, checking my email non stop hoping that my "you got your ticket" email would be there and checking out ebay for tickets close to face value....all of this was done over the last week and it was driving me insane!!!!! A dear, sweet friend of mine told me he was going to a fundraising event where 2 tickets were being raffled off with the sole intent of winning a ticket for me. At this point in the quest I had given up all hope and really did not believe this would happen. He even sent me a picture of the tickets from the raffle saying one of those would be mine. I remember smiling and thinking to myself how much I love this person for doing this, going out of their way and spending their hard earned money to try to win a ticket that some many people were bidding on. He really believe that it would be his, I really didn't. He called me at 1130 pm that day and said "I got it, I got your ticket" I thought this him just trying to be cute and I asked him if he was kidding me. He started laughing and said "I'm not joking, I won, I won you your ticket" well there was loads of laughing and screaming and jumping up and down and laughing some more. What are the odds, I keep thinking, what are the odds? As a realist I think slim to none, but it happens...What were my odds? I guess the same as yours, so no matter what just don't give up! Burning Man miracles do exist and my story is proof of that.

Aw, Sugar! That's the sweetest story with the happiest ending...ever! Yeah, we do live in a very magical world, I know. I just haven't experienced much of it lately. Perhaps because I didn't believe deeply enough. You're inspiring me to not give up hope. Amazing things do happen every day. I remember participating in a raffle once. I bought 5 tickets. When they called the numbers for the 10 or so things they were offering, my numbers were call for 4 of them. I ended up giving away all my prizes to the people who looked really bummed out that their number didn't get called. I am a lucky girl. I just have to remember that.

I really appreciate your goodness. The time you took to tell me your story and your generous offer mean a lot to me. If I do somehow find myself with a beautiful, sparkly ticket in my hand, I will make sure to come find you on the playa and give you a giant, dusty hug!

Oceans of love,
Xenira

Iron Gate by xenira, on Flickr

Still time. Take a day off Xenira. Prices are starting to fall, and hysteria is subsiding. I still think there is a ticket out there with your name on it. I am still looking for you. And just in case you think I have some sort of agenda, not to worry. I am getting married out there with the love I met three years ago at the burn. I am hoping you will be there to see it. Don't give up!
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby xenira » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Dr Helix wrote: Still time. Take a day off Xenira. Prices are starting to fall, and hysteria is subsiding. I still think there is a ticket out there with your name on it. I am still looking for you. And just in case you think I have some sort of agenda, not to worry. I am getting married out there with the love I met three years ago at the burn. I am hoping you will be there to see it. Don't give up!

Thanks, Dr. Helix. Okay...I'll keep the faith. I'm just not going to waste anymore time dealing with people on CL. I just had another scammer come knocking just now. Luckily, I was able to nip it without spending too much time.

Only bummer is that I'm not able to really invest much time or energy into preparation without having a ticket. I don't want to get all my supplies and rent the cargo trailer and make outfits, etc. if I may not be going. That's why it's just more easy for me energetically, psychologically, financially, etc. to just decide to sit this one out. Better than clinging to a shred of hope and then having said hope dashed if the ticket doesn't come through, right?

I know you're in it just for the joy of being helpful. I really appreciate it. It would be awesome to be there to see you we your playa sweetie. We will see.
xenira

Previous

Return to 2011 Tickets