Virgin Burner seeks cherry poppin' ticket!

Virgin Burner seeks cherry poppin' ticket!

Postby sunrae » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm

HELLOOOOOO!!!!! (hello!! hello! hello) I feel like when you yell on the internet, it echoes because the internet is so big. hehe :-)

Hope everybody is having the same sunny weather that I'm experiencing right now! Summer is such a great time... especially here on the East Coast after surviving such an ugly winter. It is great.

So, I'm heading west for a big move.... cycling up the Pacific Coast, and then settling in Northern California for a few years. I am SO EXCITED. I recently decided that I will also be heading to Burning Man this year for the FIRST TIME EVER!!! hallelujah. I can't wait.

So basically I am looking for a ticket. I'd be eternally grateful if I could pay somewhere in the $250-$280 price range since I'm kinda blowing a lot of my resources on this move out west and on my long awaited bike tour. I know that I could always wait until next year when I have more resources etc. etc., but I am going to be getting my masters in Special Education and so 2012-2013 are not looking too bright for my burner future. 2011 is my year!!! Positivity exuded = positivity attracted. I have definitely learned that in the past year.
If anybody has a ticket in this range (or could point me in the right direction) I will reward you with many hugs and back scratches (either telepathically OR on the playa!)

Thanks for all of your help <3

Sunrae

8)
sunrae

Postby Isotopia » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Using smiley face emoticons puts you at the back of the line - hippie.
Isotopia

Postby sunrae » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 am

hmmm... well, I guess I'd rather be smiling at the back of the line than stone-cold and emotionless at the front of the line. At least I'm still in line! Man, you people are rough in these forums! I hope smiling is acceptable on the playa... :D :D :D :D
sunrae

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:08 am

Iso is also pretty disgusted by the word "namaste."

And I, I say that one reason we are so tough on this forum is that we are so open and generous on the playa itself. So the fewer bloodsucking leeches that get to the playa to take advantage of us, the better. Screening process.

Edited to add: Not saying that you are a bloodsucking leech; just trying to make our position clear. You either get it or you don't.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 am

Okay, sending you a big telepathic backscratch.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby jkisha » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Iso is also pretty disgusted by the word "namaste."

And I, I say that one reason we are so tough on this forum is that we are so open and generous on the playa itself. So the fewer bloodsucking leeches that get to the playa to take advantage of us, the better. Screening process.

Edited to add: Not saying that you are a bloodsucking leech; just trying to make our position clear. You either get it or you don't.

I think we're pretty generous here too, when required.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby sunrae » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:42 am

Okay, fair enough, I can understand that you want to deter the leeches. Who wouldn't? But don't you think that if somebody were a bloodsucking mooching leech, they probably wouldn't be fazed by some nameless, faceless person being harsh to them on an online forum? Leeches will be leeches-- don't matter how murky the water is.

In regards to Iso not liking the term Namaste, I'm sorry that you have those feelings towards the word... words are relative. I will continue to use it as somebody who has been doing yoga for the past ten years and as somebody who values the word as a respectful salutation.

I was just slightly thrown off by the abrasiveness since I was not asking for a gift ticket. I am a hard worker-- I teach middle school special education, I waitress and I cook for a family. I do not expect anything nor do I feel entitled to anything--but I will absolutely have no shame in searching for a lower tier ticket. The $280 tickets fit my financial bracket so hence my searching for a ticket in that price range.
I recognize and respect your protective nature of this event, especially since we all have seen so many amazing events become washed out over the years. However, I do think that there are other ways to maintain the integrity of the event. 'Screening' through potential participants by belittling them for something as trivial as word choice or emoticon use seems silly. In fact, it seems to contradict all of the positive things that I have heard about burning man and the sense of community. There are other ways. They might not be as easy as a quick snide remark on this forum-- but there are other ways.
Thanks,
Sunrae

[/quote]
sunrae

Postby Minxy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi Sunrae!

I (think) the thing about the smiley face was just snark and joking although I can't speak for anyone else...

And yes, I appreciate you are seeking a lower priced ticket and offering to pay for it. Nothing at all wrong with that, IMO!

I think some people here (I figure prominently in this group this year lol) are annoyed at people trying to either beg a free ticket or offering things of indeterminable value (best friend forever, djing, massage/bodywork, etc). You didn't seem to fit in that category.

It was probably your offer of "many hugs and back scratches" that got people going. :P Not that I disdain positive energy or the theory of attraction at all, but that things that lean towards the "woo-woo" seem to ignite people here.

Keep your eyes on Craigslist and here as tickets always come up for sale as the event inches closer!
Minxy

Postby sunrae » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Minxy! Thanks for the support. I appreciate your kind words. :-)

I have been keeping my eye out on Craigslist and on this forum. I also just put a bunch of old collectibles that I have (and no longer want) on Ebay so, if enough of those sell, I'll be able to just buy a regular ticket through the website at the $320 price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... and also keeping my eyes out for more junk to sell on Ebay. ha!
sunrae

Postby Minxy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Heh, I'm in full Ebay/sale mode, too!

I was a ridiculously obsessed collector of Breyer/Hartland model horses for most of my life. I finally managed to break that addiction but now I'm stuck with a TON of model horses! Sadly they aren't worth near as much as they used to be but it's still extra money for something I don't want anymore!!
Minxy

Postby sunrae » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 pm

that is too funny! My cousins have a bunch of collectible horses. It is funny how one day you just kind of wake up and realize "what the hell am I ever going to do with all of this STUFF?!?!?"
I'm selling old collectible "Ginny" dolls. My godmother bought them for me (2 per year, every year for 10 years) She never figured out that I'd rather be fishing or hiking and I hadn't even opened any of them...just threw them in the attic right after I got them. I never had the heart to tell her that I wasn't really a doll person. She was so proud of them. Hehe! But it has worked out well for me nowadays. They aren't worth much, but if I sell all of them I can probably make a decent amount!
sunrae

Postby Minxy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh that's great! Those will probably get you a decent amount!!! :)
Minxy

Postby illy dilly » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Hey Sunrae, Hope ya don't mind, I'm gonna beat this horse to death (so to speak)

Read this persons thread
http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=40096 then go to their profile and read all 7 of their posts over the last couple years......

Yep- That is why we anyone asking for resources when they are still new to the boards gets lots o snark.

But don't you think that if somebody were a bloodsucking mooching leech, they probably wouldn't be fazed by some nameless, faceless person being harsh to them on an online forum? Leeches will be leeches-- don't matter how murky the water is.

The leeches actually do seem to get pretty pissed when they don't get their way.
By August, you too will be yelling at someone for thinking 'the playa provides'

On the subject of a ticket. I believe that there are going to be lots of tickets for sale this year.
The lower tickets sold out in record speeds. I believe this is because people bought tickets early, before they were sure weather or not they were going. Now as things unfold and people can't go, there will be lots of tickets for sale.
I also believe that the announcement that there will be no gate ticket sales will drive people to buy tickets early.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby sunrae » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks for the link illy dilly. Nice to see you on here again :-)
I do empathize with the collective angst towards newbs who come on here asking for resources without putting forth their own effort towards making it work. That is frustrating. I still do feel, though, that the silent treatment is the best treatment for people like that. I think that ignoring their pleas for gifts will have the same effect as chastising them--the only difference is that the chastiser will probably save themselves a few gray hairs. Even if somebody is a total A-hole, I don't really agree with hurting somebody's feelings (or at least being reckless with words). But maybe that's just because I'm a middle school teacher, so I've become really good at tuning out the a-holes ;-)
Also, thanks for the ticket advice. I'm really on the fence about the timing of buying my ticket. To wait or not to wait.... hmm... I guess I'll know when it comes.
sunrae

Postby AntiM » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Hell, being a middle school teacher should be enough karma for a ticket!

(I used to substitute).
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Bexx » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 am

good luck!!!!! ;)
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!
Bexx

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Postby goathead » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BW4D-yU5cM[/youtube]
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Postby sunrae » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:25 am

Haha!!! Thanks AntiM and Bexx! And Goathead, that trailer is tooo funny! Where on earth did you find that?!
sunrae

Postby Mojojita » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Minxy wrote:Heh, I'm in full Ebay/sale mode, too!

I was a ridiculously obsessed collector of Breyer/Hartland model horses for most of my life. I finally managed to break that addiction but now I'm stuck with a TON of model horses! Sadly they aren't worth near as much as they used to be but it's still extra money for something I don't want anymore!!

I had nearly a hundred of these. I never played with dolls but made clothes for my horse families.........I still remember their names.
Mojojita

Postby Minxy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 pm

:D :D

Yes, they were very popular for a long time. I did that too, Mojo! :D I'm keeping my favorites and sentimental ones but I still have about at least a thousand to get rid of... I was a collector for something like 28 years. Ridiculous! :D
Minxy

Postby goathead » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Why Down Under of course.
:lol:

I enjoy Kevin Bloody Wilson and his daughter Jenny Talia.
:D
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Return to 2011 Tickets