Desperate Need Of One Ticket

Desperate Need Of One Ticket

Postby DestinySummons » Sat May 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Two friends and I are in desperate need of one ticket. We made plans to go to Burning Man together as a last trip together since our companion has a life threatening disease and want to make this summer last. Two of us have our tickets already through the low income bracket but our companion's application was lost in the mail so was never recieved. Willing to buy any ticket, as of right now I am a low income college student/artist but have $150 cash currently and think I can come up with another $50 immediately. If anyone is willing to assist us I can also make up the rest with either art, custom clothing; I make corsets among other articles, or anything you can think of.
DestinySummons

Postby C.f.M. » Sat May 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Make some corsets and art and "anything you can think of," then sell it through a local consignment store, Craiglist, Etsy, Ebay, etc. and radically rely on yourself to earn enough money for a ticket...that's what I'm doing. Not asking for any favors, working and scrimping to make it home.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Minxy » Sat May 07, 2011 3:14 pm

http://tickets2.burningman.com/events/1 ... g-Man-2011

There's the link to purchase tickets. That's how most folks do it...you can too!

Sell stuff and work and buy your ticket. If you can't afford $320 for one ticket I can't imagine how you can afford gas and supplies for your trip...
Minxy

Postby DestinySummons » Sat May 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Yes, I have been doing so with my art and the like. As previously stated I can at the moment afford about $200, this is current. I'm looking for a ticket ASAP and the current price is about $300, so while I'm waiting to see if my items do sell I'm willing to do a trade of a corset or what ever the item may be for the extra $100 of the ticket. When taken into account this is a professionally made corset the regular price would be between $150-$300. I'm attempting to make that offer as enticing as possible without taking too much of a financial hit on the items themselves
DestinySummons

Postby delle » Sat May 07, 2011 5:36 pm

If I had an extra ticket... and a waistline.... I'd be totally willing to do that trade.

Sadly I have neither.

Definitely wish you the best of luck tho. Surely there's someone out there who desires a custom corset. This certainly seems the crowd.

(pics might help you seal the deal)
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat May 07, 2011 7:43 pm

This might make me sound like an asshole, but oh well. Three years ago a friend of mine (she was in Wheeeee!Ville and not BDC&WB) had the same problem. So what did she do? Had a topless carwash inside of an industrial area, not in plain sight. She got two friends, both burners, and in a matter of about three hours raised enough money to pay for their friend and, I'm guessing, supplies as well. Advertised within the burner community and, uh, more imaginative ways (I do not have all the details, I wasn't there...for a change). If, as a college student, you won't or can't do this, then perhaps TTITD isn't for you in 2011. Radical self-reliance and all that.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby DestinySummons » Sat May 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Actually something like that I would be more than willing to do...but unfortunately I live in a small conservative town where I would be promptly arrested. But the very same idea crossed my mind
DestinySummons

Postby DestinySummons » Sat May 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Just to make it clear, I'm not asking for any charity. I'm looking for someone who is selling their ticket and is accepting of 1. Receiving $200 now and the extra $50-$100 in a month or two or 2. Willing to accept $200 and me using my craft to make them custom art pieces, tattoos or a custom corset
DestinySummons

Postby Minxy » Sun May 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Since your companion's application was lost in the mail couldn't they take the receipt for the money order that would've been in the application and get it refunded since it was lost/stolen?

That way you could afford a regularly priced ticket now. Just an idea. Low income tickets were what, $165.00?
Minxy

Return to 2011 Tickets