Tea
No votes
Coffee
100%

Total votes : 4

Colorado native needs one ticket!

Postby Raemuz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 am

Greetings!

I first attended Burning Man a few years back during the (quite eventful) Green Man celebration, and I am ready and willing to go again! I have figured out my summer classes, managed to get my finances so I'll be able to eat over the next few months, but I just have one problem with going to Burning Man...My problem is ticketing, I am not certain if I can afford the tickets that are still available.

So it comes down to you, fellow burners, to help me attend once more one of the best things that has ever happened to (and around)me.

-Rae
Raemuz

Postby C.f.M. » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:03 am

hithereandwelcometoeplaya

If you can't afford a ticket, how will you afford travel/transportation? Shelter? Water? Food? Sundries and other niceties?

It's not up to us. It's up to you and

r-a-d-i-c-a-l
s-e-l-f
r-e-l-i-a-n-c-e.

Try it, you'll like it.

We ain't all made of money, I sure bust my ass and hustle to come up with the extra money needed to pay for everything (including working four jobs at once, flea marketing, walking around the house to see what I could sell, etc.) - including a ticket - that BM entails.

Just once I'd like a poster to say, "I am doing __, __, ___ and ___ to try and get money together for my trip to Burning Man. If anybody is interested in buying my __ that'd be great! Or if you have tips on how my ad for my services/products could be better/what else I could do with my skill set/SOMETHING besides begging here, that'd be great!"
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby ygmir » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 am

welome, and, good luck.

well, at least you're from Colorado, and, not New Hampshire.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby BBadger » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:50 pm

"I am ready and willing to go again!"

Now that is a sob story.

Can't afford the tickets that are still available as opposed to what? The ones that used to be available? Let's say you managed to get in on tier 1, at $210. So $110 is the difference between going or not going?

If times are that rough, you should stay home.

Really, BM money/ticket giving should be like a kickstarter project, where the gift only exchanges hands if the entire "project" is funded. I'm like the International Monetary Fund: I want to see some financial and trip planning. Otherwise, I could save that money for someone else who has a higher probability of going, or even invite a friend who may not consider going given the need to purchase the ticket--not just some schmuck who shows up with one post to his name, and little else.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby jkisha » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:20 pm

BBadger wrote:not just some schmuck who shows up with one post to his name, and little else.

Ya, that's something that seems to be common in all the begging posts now that you mentioned it...their first and only post is asking strangers for money (a ticket) with any subsequent posts contributing nothing more to the board than a defense of their first post.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to 2011 Tickets