Need Help finding 1 ticket!

Need Help finding 1 ticket!

Postby devon7 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Hello! I have been to Burning Man once before, and ever since my heart aches to return. Unfortunately last year I did not have the funds to go, and this year is not looking much better. If anyone is willing offer either a discounted or donated ticket, I would be simply elated and could offer trade of artwork or craft of equal value. I specialize in custom clothing, accessories, and soft sculpture.

Help with finding connections to aid in transport from MA to BRC would be excellent as well.
devon7

Re: Need Help finding 1 ticket!

Postby Dr Helix » Wed May 04, 2011 10:34 pm

devon7 wrote:Hello! I have been to Burning Man once before, and ever since my heart aches to return. Unfortunately last year I did not have the funds to go, and this year is not looking much better. If anyone is willing offer either a discounted or donated ticket, I would be simply elated and could offer trade of artwork or craft of equal value. I specialize in custom clothing, accessories, and soft sculpture.

Help with finding connections to aid in transport from MA to BRC would be excellent as well.

I am answering your post as part of a long term eplayan's request that we give responses to those who never received one. Your request is typical; want to go, no money, please help. Yes, I see your offer for trade. Get in line. Your "trade" is one of hundreds that people throw out in these threads. So my question for you is; how much CAN you afford? You need a ride as well so there are shared expenses for that. And what about the rest? Camping, food, etc. You've been before so you know what it takes. I suggest you figure out what you CAN do and see if this year is the year to get there. Be realistic and the answers will come. Good Luck and I sincerely hope you make it.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed May 04, 2011 10:46 pm

that was just touching
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby TomServo » Wed May 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Thank you Dr.Helix!

devon...join DPW! and work your ass off! Alot of us are poor! be resourceful!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby mdmf007 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Albeit a polite post still a moocher in my book. I love the Eplayans that go through the trouble of registering an account and then their first post is to pitch the field for a ticket.

I know there are better out there posts out there.

I added this one to the Moocher Watch page :)
viewtopic.php?p=662240#662240
mdmf007

Camp Name: ESD

Postby C.f.M. » Thu May 05, 2011 6:44 am

It's annoying that this thread was right above "Selling 1 Ticket."
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby havoc » Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 am

devon, have you considered attending one (or several) of the regional events in your area? if you're short the money to make it all the way out to BRC, it might be kinder to your wallet to stay closer to home while still interacting with and immersing yourself in the community.
havoc

Postby Galaxo Magic » Thu May 05, 2011 11:02 am

mdmf007 wrote:Albeit a polite post still a moocher in my book. I love the Eplayans that go through the trouble of registering an account and then their first post is to pitch the field for a ticket.

I know there are better out there posts out there.

I added this one to the Moocher Watch page :)
viewtopic.php?p=662240#662240
:lol:

I need an emoticon that is actually rolling around on the floor, laughing it's freaking ass off........Does any one have one they are willing to offer for discount or donate?
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Savannah » Thu May 05, 2011 11:12 am

Devon,

Here's the link to Massachusetts regional contacts. Make some acquaintances there. Local people are your best chance for a rideshare. Also, you might meet someone who suddenly can't go & wants to get rid of a Tier 1 ticket at cost or at a "friendship" rate. It's much less scary to buy a cheap ticket from someone in person.

http://regionals.burningman.com/us_ma.html

Good luck to you.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby devon7 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm sorry if I've somehow offended people. I thought this was a reasonable offer, it is my understanding that in this community sometimes those of us without financial difficulty are able and willing to help those in need. The last time I attended it was obvious to me that most people there were far more financially well off than myself. I don't have the money to go on any vacations or have the luxuries that most people seem to have and I thought that this offer would be one way of approaching a break from the daily grind. My life consists of going to work, paying bills, penny pinching, and trying to be as creative as possible in regards to sourcing materials so that I can still produce art work sometimes. I could probably reasonably save a couple hundred dollars to pay for transportation and food.

I really do not appreciate being called a moocher as in my life I have offered so much to so many people and never asked for or received much if anything in return. I got the idea that the burning man community was above name calling and I wasn't anticipating such a harsh reply.

My offer still stands if anyone with the finances would like to help me out or trade for artwork of EQUAL value.

I am not familiar with DPW, what is it?

& thanks for the link to the regional site!
devon7

Postby Laughing Forest » Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Dear Devon,

Clear the fuck out of here.

This is my turf you little....
Laughing Forest

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri May 06, 2011 12:01 am

If D7 is just LF's sock, this is gonna get really wierd.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 06, 2011 9:01 am

So who is paying for the appraisal, so that equal value can be determined?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby devon7 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm sort of winging the value, I would make something(s) that I believe I could sell for the value of the offered ticket. The reason I don't just sell artwork and use the money to buy the ticket is because once I had the money in hand I wouldn't spend it, I would put it in savings and that would be that. I have gotten very used to being broke and thus I am terrible at buying myself gifts when money is tight, the logical side of my brain takes over and says "NO!."
devon7

Postby mdmf007 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:36 am

Devon7

we get inundated with people looking for tickets, all of them have a reason why they cant afford the 250.00 dollar ticket, but some how can arrange a ride, food, camping supplies, and a week or more off of work.

The ticket is the cheapest part of most BM adventures.

Buy a ticket in three months - it will be 300 bucks or better. so that 3 bucks a day - sell your art locally and buy the ticket now.

sorry if you think were not being supportive - ask for advise on how to build something, or where to camp or what to bring, or any other question that lets us you are simply lookin for great deal.
mdmf007

Camp Name: ESD

Postby ygmir » Sat May 07, 2011 6:38 am

one might also suggest, if you're going to make something, for trade, don't make it of "equal" value. Make it worth twice as much as a ticket.
You'll get much better, and more responses, if someone is getting a "bargain".
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 am

I must commend you, or at least most of you, on your restraint. Usually by now someone has suggested sexual favors for trade. My friends seem to be maturing.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat May 07, 2011 8:03 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:I must commend you, or at least most of you, on your restraint. Usually by now someone has suggested sexual favors for trade.

Isn't that what he meant by "soft sculpture"?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Sat May 07, 2011 8:12 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:I must commend you, or at least most of you, on your restraint. Usually by now someone has suggested sexual favors for trade. My friends seem to be maturing.

interesting, seeing as it's usually you first to solicit.........hahah,
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Return to 2011 Tickets