Jazz/Blues Musicians for Sunset Supper Club Performance

Jazz/Blues Musicians for Sunset Supper Club Performance

Postby NambiEstelle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Helloooooooooooooo!

Bebop here and I'm looking for some talented Jazz or Blues musicians to assist me in playing a gig for the Sunset Supper Club!(7 course meals deserve Jazz and Blues people)!!!

I'm Los Angeles based but I'd be happy to meet up and rehearse on the Playa prior to performing. I sing jazz/blues a la Nina Simone and Ella Fitzgerald mostly; though I do dabble in Etta James and Billie Holiday.

Okay, okay. I'm just name dropping here but legit I SING THAT SHIIIIIIIT.

Sooo, some musicians of the following instruments would be lovely: drums, piano/keyboard, guitar, bass (stand up would be smashing), HORNS, violin. But I'm open to all instruments!

Some songs I want to sing:

Work Song (a la Nina Simone)
Blues For Mama (a la Nina Simone)
Cry Me a River (a la Ella Fitzgerald)
At Last (a la Etta James)
Black Coffee (a la Ella Fitzgerald)
Do I Move You? (a la Nina Simone)
Funkier than a Mosquito's Tweeter (a la Nina Simone or Nikka Costa)

I'm also very open to learning songs that you musicians love and know.

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN PUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE.

Spank You & Smoochies,
Bebop n' Jazz

P.S. If you need proof that I don't make animals howl email me (sennagenda@gmail.com) and I can send you video/links
NambiEstelle

Re: Jazz/Blues Musicians for Sunset Supper Club Performance

Postby NambiEstelle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 pm

UPDATE

WE HAVE COVERED ALL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS EXCEPT A PIANO AND A PIANIST. NEEDED: KEYBOARD AND A KEYBOARDIST.

COME ON BM POPULATION, LET'S MANIFEST SOME SICK JAZZ AND BLUES ON THE PLAYA!!

ANY INTERESTED PIANIST PLEASE HOLLER HERE: sennagenda@gmail.com

Thanks Much!
Bebop

P.S. ANYBODY PLAY THE HARMONICA AND WANT TO GET DOWN WITH US ON THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AbJbMlT1jU or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjG5cwOPALI ?!! IF SO HOLLER: sennagenda@gmail.com

P.P.S. We wouldn't mind some more horns either!
NambiEstelle

Postby The Chinese » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Coem play at Transmorphagon!!! We'd Love to have some Sunset Jazz/Blues....
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby NambiEstelle » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43 am

Hey The Chinese!

We're an ecstatic band coming together from multiple camps for one night of jazz and blues epicness, so I'm not sure if we'll be "touring."

That being said, I will be happy to let you know when we're performing at the Sunset Supper Club in the French Quarter District so you can grab yourself a seat.

After the performance, depending on what we manifest, we may perform again. Keep an eye and an ear out for us and if we travel I'll be sure to remember your camp!

Cheers!
Bebop
NambiEstelle

Return to 2011 Art & Performance