Naruto Night

Naruto Night

Postby TwoSwordSamurai » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Wednesday is Naruto Night on the Playa! A bunch of my friends and I are planning on cosplaying as Naruto characters on Wednesday night; please join us if this sounds like fun to you! Let's meet at the Man at 8pm for good times and lots of laughs.

After we meet up and chat and hang out for a bit, we'll probably disperse to go and party all night; ninja battles may ensue across the Playa for the remainder of the evening.

If you want help putting together a costume, want more information, or just want an explanation as to WTF I'm talking about; post here or e-mail me at twoswordsamurai@hotmail.com!

Also, if you definitely want to participate, sign up here and say what character you're going to cosplay as . . . just so we don't end up with 35 Narutos.

I'm probably going to be Shippuuden era Uchiha Sasuke or Shippuuden Hyuuga Neji; I haven't decided yet.

Dattebayo!

EDIT: Here's the list so far:
Old School Hyuuga Neji (Me)
Kazekage Gaara
Shikaku Nara
Konan
Shippuuden Uchiha Sasuke
Otogakure ANBU Kunoichi

Anyone else care to confirm? The Man burns in 38 days!
Last edited by TwoSwordSamurai on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwoSwordSamurai

Re: Naruto Night

Postby Solito » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 pm

I have no idea what Naruto is, but I'll be wearing formal Japanese Kimono, Hakama, etc for most of the week during evenings. Might drop in if I wasn't going elsewhere just to see all the outfits...

Have fun!
-Solito

Me encontrare abajo del sol, y solito pues. Hasta cuando me llego a casa - solito no mas, y sin querer.
Solito

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:40 pm

That would be totemo sugoi!
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby C187 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 am

So you're telling me that some other group is likely dressing up as straw hat Pirates at the same time.
I see how this is... sneaky, sneaky
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 pm

TwoSwordSamurai wrote:Also, if you definitely want to participate, sign up here and say what character you're going to cosplay as . . . just so we don't end up with 35 Narutos.

Actually a couple dozen Narutos running around would be rather appropriate from what I know of the character. ;)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby TwoSwordSamurai » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm

capjbadger wrote:
TwoSwordSamurai wrote:Also, if you definitely want to participate, sign up here and say what character you're going to cosplay as . . . just so we don't end up with 35 Narutos.

Actually a couple dozen Narutos running around would be rather appropriate from what I know of the character. ;)

-Badger

Hahaha you're so right! Kage Bunshin No Jutsu! W^.^w
TwoSwordSamurai

Postby graidawg » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:56 am

Dr Mcninja. plus ninjas cant catch you if you're on fire an extreme defence but effective
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby shimmentakezo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:40 pm

This rules!!!! Lol god I am so excited. >_< O_O I want to be a villain of some sorts...hmmm but the question is can we dress as a character that may be a spoiler for non-manga readers?

^_^ Anyway I love kisame but I think suigetsu would be better suited for my body type.
shimmentakezo

Postby graidawg » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:45 pm

shimmentakezo wrote:This rules!!!! Lol god I am so excited. >_< O_O I want to be a villain of some sorts...hmmm but the question is can we dress as a character that may be a spoiler for non-manga readers?

^_^ Anyway I love kisame but I think suigetsu would be better suited for my body type.

if they dont read the manga how is it a spoiler? anyway Dr Mcninja will be there to fight yo then tend your wounds. Also what about samurai Jack?
you should collaberate with black rocks next top assasin and make it a general freee for all

not that i understand this cosplay thing i just like the pictures
FREE THE SHERPAS
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Postby graidawg » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:48 pm

shimmentakezo wrote:This rules!!!! Lol god I am so excited. >_< O_O I want to be a villain of some sorts...hmmm but the question is can we dress as a character that may be a spoiler for non-manga readers?

if they dont read the manga how is it a spoiler? anyway Dr Mcninja will be there to fight yo then tend your wounds. Also what about samurai Jack?
you should collaberate with black rocks next top assasin and make it a general freee for all

FREE THE SHERPAS
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Postby TwoSwordSamurai » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:35 pm

graidawg wrote:

@graidawg: So this "cosplay thing" means we dress up like characters from from the anime or manga; typically you act in character as well, hence "cos-play" as in costumed role-play. Otherwise you're just wearing a costume, but I dunno if I feel like being a jerk to everyone like Sasuke.

@Takezo: You know I was thinking about putting together a Zabuza costume. If you go as Suigetsu we'll be struttin around the playa with 2 executioner blades. LoL! That'd be siiiiiiiick!
TwoSwordSamurai

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Heart Be Still!

Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:38 pm

and there's always HATERS!

Ugly Dougly

Postby TwoSwordSamurai » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:30 am

Holy snap, you guys look just like Gai and Rock!
TwoSwordSamurai

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Have fun with it, is the main rule. :)
Ugly Dougly

Postby TwoSwordSamurai » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Have fun with it, is the main rule. :)

I think that's like . . . the main rule for life. Or at least for the burn. ^^
TwoSwordSamurai

Postby HuDannie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 pm

luv this!!!
HuDannie

Postby TwoSwordSamurai » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Ok so I've finally decided on a character, and lots of people are signing up. Top post has the list!
TwoSwordSamurai

Return to 2011 Art & Performance