Help get The Piano Liberation Project to the Playa!

Help get The Piano Liberation Project to the Playa!

Postby timmymusic » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 am

Greetings eplaya, I just took my little piano on a mobile stage to Lightning In A Bottle and want to bring it and even MORE playable, in-tune pianos to the playa this year for all to play and enjoy. But I need HELP to do this! I'm trying to raise funds on Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tim ... on-project

I'm also trying to network with anyone with a truck or van or bus or halftrack or C130 Hercules or Jawa Droid Transport to get these pianos to the playa. So, let me know if you think you might have room and can help!

This project is also has a larger, long term goal to raise awareness about music education, the loss of it in schools, and reinvigorating our culture with both the language of music (not all that sampled stuff on a laptop) and the mother instrument of Western music, the piano! Read more about on the link!

Thanks and Happy Playatizing!

Timmy
Support The Piano Liberation Project!
timmymusic

Great Idea hope you get the funding....I'm in

Postby SuperDave » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Great idea.
I'll bring my tuning hammers.
SuperDave

Awesome!

Postby timmymusic » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Thank you! I'll be bringing some tuning hammers too, and I'm sure there will be a few other pianos that will need some help. There always are, some are beyond hope, others are just needing a little tweaking.
timmymusic

Re: Help get The Piano Liberation Project to the Playa!

Postby jojofroyo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 am

Hey Im from the Champagne Lounge we are bringing out our piano this year! Non of us play so we have no idea if it is tune.the guy I got it from said he played it every day, and had it tuned a few months ago, but I dont think thatll really matter after gate road. it sounds ok to me now, but after being driving out to the playa it probably wont be, I was just planning on letting it be super out of tune, but if you guys are gonna out there tuning pianos, maybe you could swing by our camp and tell us how she sounds! it is one of the big parts of our open mic happy hour we are doing this year. Im pretty stoked to be able to bring a piano out, maybe by next year Ill actually learn to play!

Well let me know. Im glad someone started a thread about pianos on the playa! I think they are one of the best instruments to listen to on the playa!
jojofroyo

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Champagne Loumge

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Awesome, I usually try to find and play as many pianos as I can while out there. Some are unplayable, but some are very nice....
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby timmymusic » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Between Galaxo and me, we'll get that thing tuned. I'll be bringing a tuning wrench & mutes.

ALSO: I'M LOOKING FOR A LOWER TIER TICKET IF ANYONE HAS ONE FOR SALE! IT'LL BE FOR A GOOD CAUSE!
Timmy 8O8-283-999O
timmymusic

Return to 2011 Art & Performance