Jesus Christ Superstar production - CASTING CALL

Jesus Christ Superstar production - CASTING CALL

Postby linguafranka » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Putting on a Rocky-Horror-style production of Jesus Christ Superstar this year!!

As in: the movie will be projected behind the actors on-stage, who will act along with the movie and lipsynch the tunes, just like when you go see Rocky Horror at the movies at midnight on a Saturday night at a theater near you! (except there won't be a litany of random things the audience knows to say at key moments because this is the first performance and thast stuff grew over decades)

1 performance at Burning Man, date TBD. Probably ALSO a single scene will be acted out one time on the playa without the projected movie, just as a teaser to let folks know to come around and see the real thing.

Need actors to play the roles, as per the 1973 movie cuz that's the version we are doing. Please respond if you are interested. Singing skills not necessary - simply a desire and passion for this awesome spectacle of a movie.

CHRISTIANITY IS [u]NOT[/u] A REQUIREMENT! - in fact, if you are a christian, you had better have a good sense of humor to apply for this role! I'm not one, but I absolutely love this movie.

Hit me back!!

-LinguaFranka
linguafranka

Caiaphas

Postby Solito » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Post the time n place - I'd love to watch! I've seen this show done in three different countries... In Austria, it was futuristic with crosses made from stacked televisions... I've also seen Herod played as Elvis once... hilarious!

And seriously, if anything this script casts Jesus as a semi-delusional mortal who knows he's caught up in something much bigger then he or any of his apostles can handle... and it's awesome. I'm not Christian in the least, but this is a fantastic musical.

Note: I could be coerced into playing a part - Maybe as the legioneer who flogs Jesus as Pilate counts. or or or... as Herod. Fun.

Will there be make-up? :D
-Solito

Me encontrare abajo del sol, y solito pues. Hasta cuando me llego a casa - solito no mas, y sin querer.
Solito

Postby addison4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:12 am

I may be interested if its on the 7:30 side...
Register with "A 1776 Masquerade":
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhqOU5LVUp2MVFXaXBPMmtOXy1SZXc6MA
addison4

OK OK

Postby Solito » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 am

I whizzed thru the movie to review parts - Pencil me in as PETER or possibly as ANNAS. Also the flogger... I'll put a bowl on my head for that scene, and shoulder somebody's water gun. Maybe use an empty poi sock or my fire poi chain as the whip. :>
-Solito

Me encontrare abajo del sol, y solito pues. Hasta cuando me llego a casa - solito no mas, y sin querer.
Solito

Return to 2011 Art & Performance