Zenith- zen garden/meditation art installation

Zenith- zen garden/meditation art installation

Postby Smallfry » Thu May 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Hey all! I just realized I never posted on here about my project for this year, so here's a bit about it! :

Zenith is the vision of creating a safe and sacred space in the community of Black Rock City. It will exist as a zen garden housed inside of a 25' bamboo dome covered in white fabric. Inside will be 5 elevated hexagonal meditation platforms, representing earth, air, fire, water, and spirit. They will be staggered in height, with earth being the closest and spirit farthest from the ground. Participants will be welcomed to meditate and seek refuge from the often overwhelming atmosphere that Burning Man will create. Everyone will be free to meditate on the platforms, rake the garden, and leave offerings on alters representing the elements. To assist visitors in attaining a meditative state, each platform will have headphones attached. Headphones will play binaural beats, with sounds associated with the given element overlayed on top. Earth will have forest and bird sounds, air will have wind, fire will be the crackling sounds of a fire, water will be streams and rivers, and spirit will be the sound of a heartbeat. Each platform will also be handpainted by local, conscious artists.Situated out on open playa, Zenith will be offered as a haven for those seeking to reconnect with the spiritual side.

I hope you like it! I'd love your support, and I can't wait to share this with everyone on the playa! Here's a link to the kickstarter page:

Dusty hugs and kisses,
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Shady Motherfaffers

Postby katy potaty » Sat May 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey Smallfry, Your project sounds great and I can't wait to try it out!

katy potaty
Burning Since: 2011

Return to 2011 Art & Performance