Want To Connect To Camps That Show Films

Want To Connect To Camps That Show Films

Postby Danger Dave » Fri May 13, 2011 9:07 am

I am trying to bring a very special movie to the playa this year and I would like to connect with some other camps that show films....to ask a few questions or maybe partner with them on this. I know there's Bad Idea Theater....who else does it? I know one camp shows Rocky Horror every year.
Danger Dave

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 am

Last year I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail in the Irish bar. So there's one you can add to your list.
Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Bounce530 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:00 am

Videogasm at Snowflake village (usually on Esplanade on the 9 side) is the camp that show's movies all week, and does the Friday at midnight Rocky show.
What other people think about you is none of your business.
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Postby SteveSleazee » Sat May 14, 2011 8:10 pm

The camp I'm involved with this year, The black rock city film festival, has an awesome screen (http://www.theenginetheater.com/), and will be showing all sorts of stuff Tuesday through Friday night. We are currently excepting submissions so head on over here and check it out if this sounds up your alley! http://bostonunderground.org/brcff/ :D

Film camps (campy films?)

Postby bmix » Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Tikiplex-12 will be back again this year with its combination Tiki bar/movie theater (the "12" comes from showing 12 movies, just not all at the same time). We have a projector with a smaller screen, something like 82". We're primarily looking at 60s and 70s psychedelic/beach/grindhouse/b-movie fare, though we haven't made up our list for this year. Last year was heavy on horror, to mixed reviews, so this year we're looking at more comedies and musical pieces, among other things.

We're much smaller than most of the other film camps (just a few guys), and are not entirely serious in our outlook on cinema. If this fits what you're looking for, let me know what you're wanting to show and maybe we can work something out. See you on yonder Playa...
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Tikiplex-12

Return to 2011 Art & Performance