BRC slutwalk?

Postby FIGJAM » Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Slitch?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7098
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Postby Gusthefuss » Mon May 16, 2011 12:41 am

I went to the Slut walk in Vancouver BC today. I got the message they were trying to convey. Women are upset that the courts are wrongly shifting the blame from the rapist onto the raped if the woman has dressed in sexy clothes. Its like saying that the robber had the right to rob the bank seeing as it was full of money. No one is trying to gain control of the term slut. The freedoms of dressing how you wish doesnt mean your asking to be raped. No means no. A short skirt wearing woman did not deserve to be raped. The man who raped her is the loser criminal and he deserves the shame.
I love and respect the slut. Keep on, slutten on!
GUS TRAV
User avatar
Gusthefuss
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 am
Location: Vancouver Canada

Postby unjonharley » Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 am

Gusthefuss wrote:I went to the Slut walk in Vancouver BC today. I got the message they were trying to convey. Women are upset that the courts are wrongly shifting the blame from the rapist onto the raped if the woman has dressed in sexy clothes. Its like saying that the robber had the right to rob the bank seeing as it was full of money. No one is trying to gain control of the term slut. The freedoms of dressing how you wish doesnt mean your asking to be raped. No means no. A short skirt wearing woman did not deserve to be raped. The man who raped her is the loser criminal and he deserves the shame.
I love and respect the slut. Keep on, slutten on!



That's nice.. I still can't see why this has anything to do with Burning Man.
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8833
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby Gusthefuss » Mon May 16, 2011 11:23 am

Ya I agree that having a authentique "Slutwalk" on the playa doesn't fit burning man at all. How about a "Srutwalk"? All the Asian school girls (in uniform of course) have a march to show their opposition to having their pubic hair blurred out in Japanese porn!!! I would support that!
GUS TRAV
User avatar
Gusthefuss
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 am
Location: Vancouver Canada

Postby Dust Becomes You » Mon May 16, 2011 11:29 am

Call me a slut
Call me a skank
Just don't forget to call me to Happy Hour!
Dust Becomes You
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Postby bluesbob » Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Count me in!
"aw shucks.." - Eric
bluesbob
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Fullerton, CA.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue May 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Gusthefuss wrote:Ya I agree that having a authentique "Slutwalk" on the playa doesn't fit burning man at all. How about a "Srutwalk"? All the Asian school girls (in uniform of course) have a march to show their opposition to having their pubic hair blurred out in Japanese porn!!! I would support that!


Hmmm... I am glad you said it before I did. . . .

Seriously, shouldn't it be okay AT BURNING MAN for anyone (over 18!) who wants to flaunt their sexuality and call it whatever the Hell they like?

Or is that your grandma posting on your account? :D
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16353
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby unjonharley » Tue May 17, 2011 5:13 pm

/

I want to see the UD in his school skirt//
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8833
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby darcitananda » Tue May 17, 2011 7:40 pm

That's nice.. I still can't see why this has anything to do with Burning Man.


Ya I agree that having a authentique "Slutwalk" on the playa doesn't fit burning man at all.




Seriously people? Maybe it's not your idea of radical, maybe it's not wearing an ironic enough mustache, but it's still self-expression.

If people don't like the idea, all the more reason to move forward with it in my opinion. :D Maybe then people can protest the slutwalk. The Asian sruts can set up a vending machine at the end of the parade which only vends conservative cotton panties. Or throw merkins at them.
User avatar
darcitananda
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: san francisco

Postby Savannah » Tue May 17, 2011 11:31 pm

A slutwalk doesn't fit into my idea of the Burn simply because it's the one city in the world where I can already wear whatever I want (or don't want) down to absolutely nothing at all without everyone assuming I mean a particular something by it, or that should be harassed or assaulted for it. Doing a slutwalk at the Burn would draw the outside world into my burn in an unsavory way. And I don't wish to wear my defiance in Black Rock City.

However . . . it might have different meaning for others, and I am in 100% percent support of people doing it if it has positive meaning for them.
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed May 18, 2011 9:02 am

And I wonder if the existence of critical tits makes a difference.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37472
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby unjonharley » Wed May 18, 2011 9:15 am

/
slut walk is synoymous with Burning Man

Slutwalk would be preaching to the chior

If your so hungry for a "slutwalk" come by the camp

for a 20 i'll throw in a 72 year old lap "dunce"
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8833
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed May 18, 2011 9:16 am

Savannah wrote:However . . . it might have different meaning for others, and I am in 100% percent support of people doing it if it has positive meaning for them.


I don't feel compelled to do it either, Savannah. :)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16353
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Postby Abigail J » Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

Slut.
Flies spread diseases; keep yours zipped.
Abigail J
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:00 am

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed May 18, 2011 5:21 pm

unjonharley wrote:/
slut walk is synoymous with Burning Man

Slutwalk would be preaching to the chior

If your so hungry for a "slutwalk" come by the camp

for a 20 i'll throw in a 72 year old lap "dunce"


Unjon! I would really like to see that! If I come by your camp can I watch? :D

I took a lap-dancing class at my gym (really fun!) but I have never actually seen one, not with a real lap involved, anyway, so, I still have no idea how that is supposed to go. Well I know how it goes at home, with my dear husband... :lol: but it can't always be like that, or, those girls would never get anything done.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Previous

Return to 2011 Art & Performance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest