HELP SEND CHARLIE THE UNICORN TO THE PLAYA!

HELP SEND CHARLIE THE UNICORN TO THE PLAYA!

Postby divaDanielle » Wed May 04, 2011 2:42 am

**SEND CHARLIE THE UNICORN TO BURNING MAN**

He's had his kidney removed, his TV stolen, his horn used for a snowman's nose. And now we're going to turn Charlie the Unicorn into an 28' long x 16' wide art car for Burning Man 2011! (His suffering knows no limits, the poor bastard.) Yes, cruising the Playa with Charlie is a bold dream. But dammit, someone has to do it, and Camp Charlie is stupid enough to think we can pull it off. There's lot's of space for DJ's, dancing, couches, and lounging in the Candy Cave. And of course you can always climb inside Charlie's head and pop out his neck to view the playa.

Want to help? Become a backer at http://kck.st/CandyMt
or learn more about Camp Charlie at http://on.fb.me/CampCharlie

As a backer, you can receive everything from your name in the Candy Cave to music from Charlie's super fab DJs to a playa cruise complete with jerk chicken dinner or even the ever popular WE'LL SIT ON YOUR FACE for $50 - Send us your picture and we'll attach your face to one of our couch seats (plastic coated for durability and hygiene, of course.) And if you back us before Friday, May 6th, at Midnight PST, we'll double it. Two pics for the price of one. Just think, people will be sitting on YOUR face for a week.

If you cant donate to Charlie, no worries. There's lots of ways to help if you like the idea! Repost the kickstarter link and share our video on FB, twitter, your blog or anywhere else.

Now for your enjoyment: Charlie Goes to Burning Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u0MhX-_0P0

XOX
divaDanielle, Camp Charlie and all the unicorns in the world
divaDanielle

Postby addison4 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 am

Can't Charlie fly? Charlie needs to get his ass a job or retire to the glue factory.
Register with "A 1776 Masquerade":
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhqOU5LVUp2MVFXaXBPMmtOXy1SZXc6MA
addison4

Postby graidawg » Wed May 04, 2011 10:37 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby illy dilly » Thu May 05, 2011 10:31 am

Love the idea!
What is the relationship between Unicorns and Sparkle Ponies? Friendly or Enemy? or maybe Frienemy?

Or maybe more of a mutual don't care? Like cows and horses?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Galaxo Magic » Thu May 05, 2011 10:54 am

illy dilly wrote:Love the idea!
What is the relationship between Unicorns and Sparkle Ponies? Friendly or Enemy? or maybe Frienemy?

What about the relationship between Unicorns, Sparkle Ponies and Pink Elephants? Would the off-spring be Sparkly Pink Uni-phants? Or just Elecorns...
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby divaDanielle » Thu May 05, 2011 12:24 pm

I think Sparkly Pink Uni-phants has to be it! LOL
divaDanielle

Postby illy dilly » Thu May 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Galaxo Magic wrote:
illy dilly wrote:Love the idea!

What about the relationship between Unicorns, Sparkle Ponies and Pink Elephants? Would the off-spring be Sparkly Pink Uni-phants? Or just Elecorns...

I think my girl friend has a pair of Sparkly Pink Unipants... o wait, Uni-phants! Well, she might have a pair of those too, lol.

Host the first annual Sparkly Pink Uni-phants gathering. Get ahold of the folks at Pink Mammoth, play some loud Trance to gather the sparkle ponies, and you already got a unicorn!
And see what happens as everyone starts dancing and drinking!
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu May 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Some of my sparkle ponies have horns growing out from the middle of their foreheads. Which doesn't mean that they aren't more closely related to jackalopes than unicorns. ONly DNA will tell for sure.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri May 06, 2011 12:15 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Some of my sparkle ponies have horns growing out from the middle of their foreheads. Which doesn't mean that they aren't more closely related to jackalopes than unicorns. ONly DNA will tell for sure.

DNA tests for all!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby illy dilly » Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 am

Galaxo Magic wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Some of my sparkle ponies have horns growing out from the middle of their foreheads. Which doesn't mean that they aren't more closely related to jackalopes than unicorns. ONly DNA will tell for sure.

DNA tests for all!

Who came first the Sparkle Pony or the Unicorn?
Which evolved or digressed into the other?
Or is it possible that they are related but not the same, like Zebras and Horses?
illy dilly

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri May 06, 2011 10:18 am

Zebras are just horses that escaped from jail......

My guess is that Sparkle ponies are the girls and unicorns are the boys, you can guess why....
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby illy dilly » Fri May 06, 2011 1:32 pm

That could be correct!
Though the more common term for the Sparkle Pony's male counter part is the Sparkle Mule. He will typically take care of the sparkle pony, pull her weight around camp, make sure she is ready to party every night.... then reap the benefits. (Sparkle Mule is a glorious beast that gets too little credit on playa)

Anyway, back to super kick ass Unicorn Charlie!
illy dilly

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat May 07, 2011 5:58 pm

illy dilly wrote:That could be correct!
Though the more common term for the Sparkle Pony's male counter part is the Sparkle Mule. He will typically take care of the sparkle pony, pull her weight around camp, make sure she is ready to party every night.... then reap the benefits. (Sparkle Mule is a glorious beast that gets too little credit on playa)

Anyway, back to super kick ass Unicorn Charlie!

As I understand it, implied benefits that somehow never materialize are a distinguishing feature of Sparkle Pony Syndrome. If Sparkle Mule is letting on that he is getting some, well...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, if she's trading sex for for a free vacation, there's a different word for what she is...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby illy dilly » Mon May 09, 2011 5:05 pm

LOL,
Amen!
Though, there are times that any old Burner gal could turn Sparkle Pony. And typically there is a Sparkle Mule to help said Sparkle Pony through this tough time while still allowing her to have fun- and more importantly make sure Sparkle Pony stays safe and hydrated.

I think they call it 'mail order Chinese wife'?
But, after being together almost 6 years, allowing your burner gal to go sparkle pony for an evening or two, does have its benefits- with out being any of the mail order sort!:lol:
illy dilly

Postby graidawg » Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 pm

As long as the burner girl doesn't turn to charlie the fuckin' unicorn she can do what the hell she wants! dammit i would be mule if meant keeping CtFU away!
FREE THE SHERPAS
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon May 09, 2011 7:25 pm

graidawg
I'm beginning to sense that there's a story here. Care to tell it?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby lucky420 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:55 pm

mmmmmmmmmm?
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby graidawg » Mon May 09, 2011 11:06 pm

I was 'introduced' to CtFU at a funeral. so it doesn't have the best association for me. Plus it's just fucking annoying, gets in your head and stays there.
FREE THE SHERPAS
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 am

Yeah, those pesky younger unicorns need erasure from the face of the earth...
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby divaDanielle » Tue May 10, 2011 2:50 pm

graidawg - if it's any consultation, we will not actually be playing charlie the unicorn videos and we have a limit on unicorn related songs. But we do think a 20 foot unicorn would be epic! I am an avid unicorn enthusiast though. My brain is biased!
divaDanielle

Postby sportsmobile » Thu May 12, 2011 8:15 pm

will Charlie take me to candy mountain?
I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country. - Thomas Jefferson
sportsmobile

Postby skibear » Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Where's Charlie!

At a congressional hearing today big Oil company CEO's were
being grilled on their recent outrageous gas price increases.

Schumer of New York said:
"Well, you'd have an easier time convincing the American people that a unicorn just flew into this hearing room
than that these big oil companies need taxpayer subsidies"

back to OT, hopefully.
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Burning Since: 2002

Postby The Chinese » Fri May 13, 2011 8:26 am

El Chino is here to say that he hopes that Chuckie (as I am going to call him) will park off of T'Gon, along with Beau d'phant (gravybrain that/s YOU Galaxo), for an evening of compare & contrast, along with Synchronized THUMP coming off all 3 Mutants (I'll figure out a way to make that happen. How fun would that be?

<cackle>

Chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Postby Galaxo Magic » Mon May 16, 2011 2:35 am

The Chinese wrote:El Chino is here to say that he hopes that Chuckie (as I am going to call him) will park off of T'Gon, along with Beau d'phant (gravybrain that/s YOU Galaxo), for an evening of compare & contrast, along with Synchronized THUMP coming off all 3 Mutants (I'll figure out a way to make that happen. How fun would that be?

<cackle>

Chino

Chico, you know Beau is coming to T'Gon!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Return to 2011 Art & Performance