Truth & Beauty, The new sculpture by Bliss Dance Studio

Truth & Beauty, The new sculpture by Bliss Dance Studio

Postby bigred » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:02 pm

[color=red][/color]
Have you heard about the next sculpture? While Bliss Dance beautifully displayed a moment of Self-Expression, Truth & Beauty expresses a moment of Radical Self-Acceptance and Love. Featuring Model Deja Solis again. This second sculpture in the series is not her sister, but another feeling a woman has on her journey towards embracing her true, magnificent self and feeling safe enough to express herself fully.

We encourage you to show support of our next endeavor of creating extraordinarily large sculpture combining classical techniques with cutting edge design. Please join our fanpage and stay tuned for updates!
http://www.facebook.com/truthandbeautysculpture
Please help us make it to BM 2011: We NEED your help!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tr ... -sculpture
bigred

Burning Since: 2007

Re: Truth & Beauty, The new sculpture by Bliss Dance Stu

Postby dubovitch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 am

[quote="bigred"]
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tr ... -sculpture[/quote]

HUGE!!!

but a kicktarter of 100 000 $ is huge too...

i hope it will work....
dubovitch

HUGE!!

Postby bigred » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 am

Yes, its Huge!! And we are only asking for barely enough to cover the cost of metal and transportation of T&B to the playa!! Please don't let the goal discourage even the smallest donation!! Spread the word to all your friends!! Remember how Bliss Dance affected you the first time you saw her...and the next time...and the next...
bigred

Looks like this needs more supporters!

Postby msmohit » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:13 am

I just went to the kickstarter page for the next sculpture by Marco, the artist who built last year's amazing Bliss Dance. But he still needs to raise quite a bit of cash to build a sculpture for this year! All that steel and lighting, transporting it to and fro BRC...there is a lot involved in art of this scale. I just donated what I can, I hope others who grooved on Bliss Dance will be able to give a bit so we can all enjoy another fantastic work in 2011!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tru ... e?ref=live
msmohit

Thank you!!

Postby bigred » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 am

Thank you so much for donating!! We certainly appreciate every dollar! You are correct that it is quite an undertaking to build her. I guarantee that Truth & Beauty will will just as stunning as Bliss Dance when she is completed. Thanks again and please spread the word!!
bigred

Postby dustforlife » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:53 am

I thought the amount was too high to raise in such a short period of time and a bit discouraging. I have contributed and would like to contribute more if I could. Is the build team looking for helpers, even one's who have more heart than welding talent? It would be great to be involved.

I am hoping T&B will receive a BM grant. Did M.C. apply? I missed Bliss and BM last year and really hope this makes it onto the Playa, for everyone. Many blessings :)
dustforlife

Kickstarter Goal!

Postby bigred » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:10 pm

We certainly don't want people to be discouraged. Bliss Dance proved that just about anything is possible!! Please know that alot of thought went into this in advance, but mostly we can't control the cost of steel, amount needed, and when its needed to complete the build. We are exploring other ways to raise the funds we need if we don't reach our goal. Thank you for donating and try to spread the word!! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us through the website- www.blissdance.us :D
bigred

Postby dustforlife » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 am

I agree with the cost and think it is spot on. My discouragement came from the lack of time was left on Kickstarter to raise the remainder, plus you are not going the get what has been raised if you don't hit that goal. I think a lesser goal would have been better in order to recieve the money pledged knowing there were other avenues of fund raising. Bottom line...I want you to get the money!! I am so happy to hear that there are other avenues for raising the money needed for this beautiful creature. I truly hope I get to see her this year since I missed last year along with Bliss as well. I will be contacting to volunteer! Thank you!! Many Blessings
dustforlife

Return to 2011 Art & Performance