Virgin DJ attending BM: Would love a booking!

Postby changoloco » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:52 pm

The best way to get gigs at Burning Man is to be involved in your local Burner community. I have never had a problem getting at least 2 gigs throughout the week but, then again, I wouldn't want anymore gigs than that. I am too busy having fun out there to be worried about being on a schedule. Good Luck!!!!
Live the life you love, Love the life you live
changoloco

Burning Since: 1997

Postby Rilopie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Hey Carlos,

I would recommend talking to some of the other DJ's in sac and see if where they are camping has sound. Have you talked to Paul, Tim, or Dina? Maybe even John Moon?
Have you decided on where you are camping? Maybe you can get everyone inspired to bring out the sound equipment to your camp. I'm sure you will have an easy time finding a place to spin...and when you do let me know, <3 house.

-katy (from sac)
Rilopie

Burning Since: 2008

Postby BaconHand » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:25 am

changoloco wrote:The best way to get gigs at Burning Man is to be involved in your local Burner community.... Good Luck!!!!

I agree with this completely. Thankfully, there are burners everywhere who are into the EDM/DJing part of the experience.

I LOVE DJing on the Playa! Even the noon spot can be a blast if you're in the right spot. It's worth doing some footwork at home to try and play tunes with fellow burners.
BurningMan 2011 honorarium: http://www.s-conductor.com / http://kck.st/hiCSRf
We need your help to make it happen. Please visit the website for more information.
BaconHand

Postby wwzmach » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am

how about making your own sound system ? ............. just rent a couple of marshall stacks, find a wanna be artist to decorate them and you can play 24 / 7 ... i'm up for it, if anyone else is...........

oh yeah..... and kinda tired of hearing from self appointed experts that tell me life is a no go....

you can do whatever you want... that's the whole point of life and especially of burning man..................

i could happily sit and spin from dusk until dawn and if that's what turns me on..... i just might do it :-)

drop me a line if you're interested....
wwzmach

Postby Galaxo Magic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 am

neon tetra wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Your chances of getting booking are very slim. There are simply more people who want to spin than there are opportunities.

Maybe for some of the bigger camps this is the case, but not for all of them.

This is true, there are camps with big sound systems booming and a DJ and NOBODY in the club. In fact there are more clubs with few or no one, than clubs with crowds......
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Previous

Return to 2011 Art & Performance