2011 PLAYA Rainforest Jungle Party

2011 PLAYA Rainforest Jungle Party

Postby Torkom » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:56 am

As of now JUST AN IDEA.....but tell me what you think. A 50x50 platform. Screw in maybe 80 "tree posts" and create a rainforest jungle IN THE PLAYA. It would have speakers in the trees playing bird and jungle sounds. Also, a section where you can climb up and swing from tree to tree. In the center the Dj rocks the jungle whlile a good 40-70 people literally "hang out", or groove down in the jungle. Also, even a potential treehouse with a rope bridge to another treehouse. I know this sounds insane and almost impossible but im shooting for the stars! I dont mess around with my ideas. Anyone have any opinions? comments? negative responses? anything?
-"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." -Arthur Schopenhauer

www.soundcloud.com/torkom
Torkom

Postby Miles » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:36 am

awesome
I like bikes and stuff
Miles

Postby Dr Helix » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:55 am

Ambitious but why not? At this stage youshould be thinking big! Structurally you have to calc the weight of the people if they're going to be in the trees. And my only other comment is the potential for moop. I've seen abbreviated versions of this out there but nothing to level you want to take it to. Good luck!!!!
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Re: 2011 PLAYA Rainforest Jungle Party

Postby JStep » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:56 am

Torkom wrote:As of now JUST AN IDEA.....but tell me what you think. A 50x50 platform. Screw in maybe 80 "tree posts" and create a rainforest jungle IN THE PLAYA. It would have speakers in the trees playing bird and jungle sounds. Also, a section where you can climb up and swing from tree to tree. In the center the Dj rocks the jungle whlile a good 40-70 people literally "hang out", or groove down in the jungle. Also, even a potential treehouse with a rope bridge to another treehouse. I know this sounds insane and almost impossible but im shooting for the stars! I dont mess around with my ideas. Anyone have any opinions? comments? negative responses? anything?

Someone did a rainforest camp at 2010, I saw pics on the BM site. Maybe try hooking up with them to combine efforts (and avoid "competing" rainforests?)
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Burning Since: 2011

Postby zcassidy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Good idea! It would be a great destination to escape from the sun.
Be absurd with your goodness
zcassidy

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:07 pm

I did something like that in '97.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Cheyenne » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:49 am

Here in Lancashire... we have an amazing small festival every year that features an underground vodka bar, silent cinema and massive sound stage in the middle of a bit of woodland that is surrounded by the rest of the site with art, music, cafes etc etc... It was by far my favourite bit of the festival so something at BM that is similar would be excellent

http://www.beatherder.co.uk/line-up/toi ... 0-line-up/

I'll be giving it some in the 'snug' next summer at this wicked festival...

Soooooo, if any of you are in the UK next June... you should make a beeline for the Lancashire countryside!

8)

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby Psychocybin420 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 am

That would be really cool. Howbout a misting system (cool hose) in one of the treehouses so people can cool down? Or fake monkeys or somthing in the trees? U should get a "barrel of monkeys" and string them around the tree house... If u need help with this..im down to help out!! I have some pretty cool ideas already!!
Psychocybin420

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Torkom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 pm

I love the ideas!! I thought about misters, but that's a whole nother addition. I just want to see if theres even enough people interested who wanna help with ideas and concepts, then see if we can make this happen....mist, monkeys, and everything. Lets keep this energy going, any other ideas? thoughts?
-"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." -Arthur Schopenhauer

www.soundcloud.com/torkom
Torkom

Postby weirdscience » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Torkom wrote:I love the ideas!! I thought about misters, but that's a whole nother addition. I just want to see if theres even enough people interested who wanna help with ideas and concepts, then see if we can make this happen....mist, monkeys, and everything. Lets keep this energy going, any other ideas? thoughts?

sparkle pony quicksand pit ... :D

also at night the "jungle" should be lightly lit up with lights
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .
weirdscience

Postby Skyrah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:50 pm

I love it! You have hands down in San Diego willing to travel & work, just let me know!
Skyrah

Postby gaminwench » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:07 pm

non-MOOP trees... a suggestion that is playa tried and true... use old pool covers, the gnarly green uber stuff, to make leaves and palm fronds...
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby busgypsy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:18 pm

And what about a Tarzan swing or maybe a zip line?
If you dug a hole through the center of the earth,and jumped in, would you stay at the center because of gravity?
busgypsy

Postby Osen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:25 am

cool idea!
I lost my heart in black rock city

Burning Man, noun

A yearly attempt to create the perfect society by gathering many thousands of people in the middle of the desert. They eventually escape, however.
Osen

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 am

busgypsy wrote:And what about a Tarzan swing or maybe a zip line?

Had a Tarzan swing in 2009 at barbarian camp. People love it.

Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby bx1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:50 pm

We have a "jungle themed" camp called The BUSH. The pic below is during setup in 2009. When its all set up it looks pretty good (even have low level cold fog machine and mild air conditioning). However we couldn't do what I originally wanted which was more trees and misters for obvious mud/moop reasons and because of the possibility of damaging the sound equipment (we had a DJ bunker in there as well).

Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

bx1

Postby DaveDecibel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:33 pm

I remember hitting up Bob's Rainforest in 2009... they had some plants, a bar, and a decent amount of sunshade. They also had an awesomely obnoxious megaphone war, sadly my batteries were long dead by then. They were registered as a theme camp this past year, but I didn't make it over to find them.
DJ, Radio Guy, Producer, Filmmaker, Gamer, Drunk, Lazy Bastard

Http://davedecibel.podomatic.com
DaveDecibel

Postby Psychocybin420 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 pm

.......remote control snakes.....? 0_0
If cocaine were legal, would they sell it in little packages like Sweet N' Low? Would they call it Sweet N' High?
Psychocybin420

Postby myburningdesire » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:21 am

Why have remote control snakes when you can have real ones?
myburningdesire

Postby Psychocybin420 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:26 pm

LOL or u can get a projector of some sort and project snakes and bugs on the floor......? 0_o
If cocaine were legal, would they sell it in little packages like Sweet N' Low? Would they call it Sweet N' High?
Psychocybin420

Postby DaveDecibel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Psychocybin420 wrote:LOL or u can get a projector of some sort and project snakes and bugs on the floor......? 0_o

Why do you hate trippers so much? :)
DJ, Radio Guy, Producer, Filmmaker, Gamer, Drunk, Lazy Bastard

Http://davedecibel.podomatic.com
DaveDecibel

Postby Psychocybin420 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:16 pm

LOL :D :D
Psychocybin420

Postby Herring » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 pm

I think this concept is very appropriate for the theme, since so many anthropology 101 courses which expose us to unusual rites of passage cover some rainforest cultures.
Herring

Return to 2011 Art & Performance