The Never-Ending Story at Writes of Passage

The Never-Ending Story at Writes of Passage

Postby aranea » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Here is the never-ending story from the paper scroll that was placed in front of the Writes of Passage camp at 3:20 & F. Thanks for contributing!:

Once upon a time there was a first-time Burner who arrived at the Man and said...
Wow!...
And then she took off all her clothes and went on a midnight bike ride to...
the temple, where she walked the paths & archways reading the notes & memorials on the walls. She looked at a picture of a person she had once known, but couldn't quite remember who they were, despite the knowing feeling in her head that once this forgotten person had been the most important person in her life ...
and then, she realized the raptor fences were down. "Oh my dear sweet Jeebus" she exclaimed, hoping the goddamn animals couldn't operate doors or her '95 Sentra. ...
And just at that moment, the temple burst out in flames, the flames licked her body clean giving it a golden glean. She began to glow. Then she saw them. It was then. Right there. There in the Temple. Three ghostly bikes. Bikes painted white. Completely white. Handlebars, seats, chains, frames, sprokets (sic) and pedals. Completely white...
The bikes started riding towards her, aflame. She looked behind her in fear, for she had no bike to ride in which to escape the ghost-bikes. And so, she...
she danced, my how she danced...
She danced and danced, and it calmed the spectral bikes. They hesitated, and for the briefest of moments, she saw shadows of color on them, how they must have looked while alive. She stopped her dance, and the bikes...
(Editor's note: At certain points in the story some folks simply wrote their appreciation for the camp and our tea service. Thank you!) Thanks for the Tea...
she said. The bikes nodded silently and then, to her surprise, they...
looked back and said, by the way, you have period dripping down your leg. (Editor's note: We love you, Period Bar!) "Oh my!" cried the girl, "does anyone have a tampon?" The special rolled their non-existent eyes and said "you should be prepared for that!" But...go to Period Bar and they can help you out at 9:00 Plaza. And then the special bikes rode off into the distance where a...
cute boy from the bar patiently explained string theory and that the period bar is chock full of mathematicians, physicists, and fun people & fun drinks...
Tea-riffic! Super-nice folks & awesome tea -- best on the Playa :D ...
More beautiful energy, more beautiful people pacific northwest some of the best of america...
Live in Love in bondage. eh? eh?...
Sam Loves you! <3...
Thank you to my entire Burning Man family. I love you. ...
Burn baby burn! Love this place! Glad to be back home!...
This is the most amazing place - like being on another planet or at the botom of the deepest ocean. Love!!!!!...
Whoa. ...
Bouli Bouli Juenni (Editor's note: Also something written in another language in handwriting I can't read.)...
My finger is broken! Somebody!!!! My finger is broken!!!...
(Editor's note: Story? What story?)
it feels like forever when you're here, but it's gone in a Blink of an eye, it's kinda like life. ...
No one gives you great advice. They simply remind you of the wisdom you already have...But chose to forget. ...
Hello. I am a computer. This is my first time writing, also I love bacon. Today will be a great day for you. I have computed your lucky number: 100 4 or 100? Beep boop bloop. ...or negative zero...
Step away from the Tequila and nobody gets hurt!...
Pale Prima di Perfezsone!...
(Peace Before Perfection)...
"Lou's nephew"...
Meow...
If it ain't broke merry (sic) it?
aranea

Re: The Never-Ending Story at Writes of Passage

Postby ibdave » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm

8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Re: The Never-Ending Story at Writes of Passage

Postby aranea » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Here's what it looks like...
Attachments
328327_10150330986338729_621603728_8004436_165690893_o.jpg
The Never-Ending Story of Writes of Passage 2011
328327_10150330986338729_621603728_8004436_165690893_o.jpg (237.49 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
aranea

Return to 2011 Theme Camps