7:30 and Birthday - Shared power possible?

7:30 and Birthday - Shared power possible?

Postby CampDarkSlide » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Been looking around for an easy way to contact possible neighbors but it seems it is near impossible to do these days. We have been camping in the 7:30 area for the past 10 years or so as "N-Gon". What we are basically trying to do is find someone close to us that we can possibly tap into a generator (we will donate funds to help cover your cost or bring gas up to ease that pain). Our power needs are pretty small...we only power a freezer and some low power lights at night...we have all the necessary extension cords we are just looking for someplace to plug in. If all else fails we are bringing a 2500w generator that should cover our needs fine...we were just thinking if someone else has some room on a generator it would be more convenient...oh and less noisy.

We are going to be placed at 7:30 and B with frontage on 7:30...thats as close as we can get for location until we actually get there. If your bringing a generator and think you might be placed close to us...please send me a private message here with your email address or phone number and we can discuss our power needs as well as an appropriate donation.

Hard to believe we are headed home in just a couple of weeks....

Thanks,
Steve
CampDarkSlide

Re: 7:30 and Birthday - Shared power possible?

Postby HepKitten » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Hey Steve -

Your best way to get this done is to contact your placers at placement@burningman.com...

They will know who you are camped by and should be able to facilitate an email 'meet and greet'
HepKitten

Postby Dustdevil » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 pm

I am still waiting for a power sharing response from Placement @. I submitted a question to them eight days ago. I also suspect they may be slightly mis informed about some of the aspects of power sharing judging by their response to one of my neighbors.

We have power to share and have had no luck communicating with Placement.....

Just Sayin,
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

Postby CampDarkSlide » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks so much HepKitten...I know you guys are inundated with emails atm...Sent the email last night to placement and its already being forwarded...fingers crossed. We will see you Saturday afternoon on the 27th! Do you have a favorite beer? Or is it up to me what we bring ya?
CampDarkSlide

Return to 2011 Theme Camps