The Official Art Car Bus Stop 2011 News Thread!

The Official Art Car Bus Stop 2011 News Thread!

Postby Riddick » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Visit us at http://www.artcarbusstop.com, and find us on FB http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Car-Bus-Stop/211979198854410

The Art Car Bus Stop is dedicated to providing an exquisite venue to accommodate burners while they wait for the proper ArtCar to get them on their way, or dilly-dally while waiting for their next transfer! Our waiting and lounge area provides entertainment for you to get your party started as you head out onto the Playa till the wee hours of the morning! Our DJ's will be cranking out such awesome beats, that even the walking dead will be bustin out the dance moves. Our state of the art lighting and FX system is bound to keep you so mesmerized you may find yourself staying for a little longer then you thought! As with any Bus Stop, you are bound to meet others from all across the region.....we serve as a natural melting pot....."burner style"

-ACBS Staff members will also be hosting daily Poi lessons, to help your spirit and skills grow!!! Feel free to join us, and stay tuned in this thread to find out more info!!

Many of you are aware that ACBS is without a physical placement address at BRC-- but rest assured, we have taken steps to ensure that we will be easy to find (is anything easy to find on the playa)?? !!!!!

Digital Search lights will be scanning the sky on our 20' towers, and our teams will be working quickly upon arrival to send out notification of our address! Be sure to check Center Camp and also keep an eye out across the Playa for ACBS support camps (noted by our sign/logo placement).

If you own an ARTCAR, MAKE US YOUR NIGHTLY DESTINATION!!!! Without ArtCars, there isn't a Bus Stop! Please support us so that we may provide our service to fellow burners!

CURRENT SCHEDULED EVENTS:

Wed. Aug. 31st- (8pm to 12am)
ZONE TRIP 4 PARTY!
Our DJ's are ready to start off your night!! Spinning Psytrance, Dubstep, Progressive, and Trance. We carefully planned this event so that fellow burners can start off their night here, as they get ready to head out onto the playa.

Poi-Lessons Times TBD (Please stay tuned).
Last edited by Riddick on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world is a dark place......I just try to make it a little brighter!!!. One out of every four Americans has a mental illness. Look at your three closest friends. If they seem fine, It's YOU!!!
Riddick

Re: The Official Art Car Bus Stop 2011 News Thread!

Postby mauiburnerzzz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:20 pm

high whats your address this year
mauiburnerzzz

Postby illy dilly » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:37 am

Riddick I love the idea!
I'll have to stop by for sure!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Jay Johnstone » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:34 am

Stop By 4:30 & B Look For The Pyronauts & Galactic Jedi Camp we have an art car and would LOVE to stop by!!!
Jay Johnstone

Postby Riddick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:08 pm

mauiburnerzzz wrote:high whats your address this year

Placement has been a heated topic amongst all of us here at ACBS!! One of sadness- but also one of excitment!! After being denied placement, we took a moment to determine our fate as a camp. It didn't take us long to build a plan B and not only continue with our orignional idea, but adapt and expand on that idea, pushing our creative side as much as we could!

While we do not currently have a formal address on the playa, we will be impossible to miss!! We will be using 6 large automated search lights that will be sweeping the sky. It's unlikely that you will find anything brighter in the playa sky!! We will also be sending our scouts out to quickly notify Center Camp and other allies once we have made our home on the playa!

Check Center Camp for our camp location and look for our ACBS logo around the playa! Like us on FB and Tell your friends!! ACBS thanks you for your support. Stay tuned for more info!!!
The world is a dark place......I just try to make it a little brighter!!!. One out of every four Americans has a mental illness. Look at your three closest friends. If they seem fine, It's YOU!!!
Riddick

Postby Riddick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:16 pm

illy dilly wrote:Riddick I love the idea!
I'll have to stop by for sure!

Thanks so much!!! I'm not sure what has been more fun, working with our camp to create it, or hearing all of the positive feedback!! We have had so many hurdles including the lost battle of placmement. There was actually rummor that the Borg feared the potential traffic Jams that could be caused by our camp. While we may not have considered that to be an issue at the time of our placement request, since then, we have taken steps to have our staff members standing by to help direct traffic as needed (*disclaimer*~ I cannot say that our idea of directing traffic (naked with red body paint on one side and green on the other side, won't cause even more traffic, but at least we have good intentions)!!

Please do stop by! I'm sure I can even find an extra beer in my cooler for you!

Cheers!
Riddick
Last edited by Riddick on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riddick

Postby Riddick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Jay Johnstone wrote:Stop By 4:30 & B Look For The Pyronauts & Galactic Jedi Camp we have an art car and would LOVE to stop by!!!

We would love that!!! We will definitely stop by!! We would also be honored if you would allow us to post a Bus Stop Sign at your camp! Thanks for making the effort to be in touch with us! We will see you on the Playa! You may also email us at camp@artcarbusstop.com!

Cheers!
Riddick
ACBS Team
Riddick

Postby Riddick » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:09 pm

At ACBS, we have been working hard around the clock as the burn draws near! Thanks to Burners like you, we have been able to staff most of our positions at camp with skilled individuals to ensure that your transportation services are well coordinated! Sadly, we were unable to find a willing burner to sit in our small un-airconditioned busfare and information booth (which probably turns into an easy bake oven)!!! Fortunately, we were able to substitue a lively skeleton who seems to be quite knowledgeable about BRC. We encourage you to take advantage of this resource. Please drop by this booth for information regarding: art installations, weather conditions, special events, and transportation needs. Please be forewarned that Frankie is a little far from Hollywood and seems to have a major attitude problem. We've noticed he seems to be quite rude to ACBS patrons. We assure you that we are working on this issue and all of our personal are expected to greet you in a friendly manor. Please report violations and complaints to any ACBS staff member. See you on the Playa.

For the latest ACBS news, please stay tuned.

Cheers,
Riddick
ACBS Transportation Administration
Riddick

Postby Galaxo Magic » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm

So you won't be on the open playa? We'll try and find you if we can navigate in the city but I imagine we won't be doing much city driving, just too difficult to maneuver. Still, love the idea, I was hoping it was a spot ON the playa, then we'd stop by on a regular basis.
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Riddick » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:14 am

[quote="Galaxo Magic"]So you won't be on the open playa? We'll try and find you if we can navigate in the city but I imagine we won't be doing much city driving, just too difficult to maneuver. Still, love the idea, I was hoping it was a spot ON the playa, then we'd stop by on a regular basis.[/quote]

We have you covered! In addition to our pending Playa Address, We also have a mobile unit which will be making its rounds on the open Playa! After all, transportation isn't just a way to get around, its a way of life!!!

Cheers!

Riddick
ART CAR BUS STOP
[url]http://artcarbusstop.com[/url]
Riddick

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:11 am

Riddick wrote:
Galaxo Magic wrote:So you won't be on the open playa? We'll try and find you if we can navigate in the city but I imagine we won't be doing much city driving, just too difficult to maneuver. Still, love the idea, I was hoping it was a spot ON the playa, then we'd stop by on a regular basis.

We have you covered! In addition to our pending Playa Address, We also have a mobile unit which will be making its rounds on the open Playa! After all, transportation isn't just a way to get around, its a way of life!!!

Cheers!

Riddick
ART CAR BUS STOP
http://artcarbusstop.com

Great! Will be looking for it in our pink elephant!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Return to 2011 Theme Camps