WANTED: THEME CAMP W/ POSITIVE ENERGY

WANTED: THEME CAMP W/ POSITIVE ENERGY

Postby TOBurners » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:23 pm

WE'RE ALMOST THERE! We have our BM tickets, flights, gear and some creative inspiration for a portable art project.
Now we need an AMAZING THEME CAMP to share our resources with :D

A little about ourselves... we are both in our late thirties, and we love adventure, live music, and coffee in the morning. We're INSPIRED to EXPERIENCE and GIVE BACK to the PLAYA... and that includes SHARING our POSITIVE ENERGY and RESOURCES with an amazing theme camp like YOURS!

If your camp has room for a COOL COUPLE like us, CONTACT me ASAP! to.burners@gmail.com

Let's make this the BEST BURN EVER!

DEVnMIA :mrgreen:
TOBurners

Re: WANTED: THEME CAMP W/ POSITIVE ENERGY

Postby Elderberry » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Well, I'll give you points for enthusiasm, but you lose points on "how to join a theme camp". Have you two read the first timers guide and the survival guide? I'd of asked if you read all the threads here on how to join a theme camp, but I already know what the answer to that would be. :shock:

Now get busy and do the rest of your home work. And...

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby TOBurners » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm

JK: you are absolutely right! There is a huge learning curve and we're humbled by all of the information available.

We were just hoping to meet some like-minded individuals to connect with.

Thanks for the kick-- our newbie burner butts deserve it! :D LOL

All the best to you on the Playa
TOBurners

Postby Elderberry » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:43 pm

You're welcome! LOL

I have no doubt you will have a great time. You certainly have the right attitude. It's actually pretty late in the game for getting involved with a theme camp, most of the work has already been done months ago, when your help would have been needed. Most of those looking for new members now are probably just trying to fill a budget hole. There are some posts here asking for members. I'd definitely suggest you check those out and see what happens.

If worse comes to worse, you already are an enthusiastic camp of two! You should have no problem befriending your neighbors and you might just start a whole new theme camp this year right on the playa! TrishNTek did that last year, you might want to look him up and ask him how he went about it.

And don't forget to read the first timers guide. I've been for many years and I still review it each year (and no, it's not because of the ahlzheimers! :shock: ) http://www.burningman.com/first_timers/
TOBurners wrote:JK: you are absolutely right! There is a huge learning curve and we're humbled by all of the information available.

We were just hoping to meet some like-minded individuals to connect with.

Thanks for the kick-- our newbie burner butts deserve it! :D LOL

All the best to you on the Playa
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Trishntek » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:22 am

It always helps,,,,, errrrr Welcome Home!,,,,, to kind of explain what you mean by "like-minded".

We've all been pretty enthusiastic about the 2011 burn since the end of the 2010 burn,,,, in other words, theme camps are a year-long process. We who sponsor them are required to apply for placement back in April. The size of our camping area and basic logistics are hammered out at that time. The process takes most of the year for preparation. With less than a month before the event, to join a theme camp is possible,,, but you would have to justify yourself by more than enthusiasm and willingness to help.

Theme camps have a certain dynamic which comes together by a constant process of working with the willing, encouraging the hesitant and understanding that some folks will get left in the dust. I admire your interest in participating and hope you find what you seek!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Savannah » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi DEV n MIA,

Most theme camps have positive energy! You're probably going to need to court the ones you want, though. Click the links they post, send a nice email, tell them (specifically) what appeals to you about them, and how you fit into their mission. (People usually come to camps, rather than the other way around.)

And recognize that you don't need a camp to survive--it's just an option. Many people camp alone, or as a couple. You'll have neighbors no matter what you do.
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Packoderm » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:37 pm

I'd go with Orphan II Camp.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Postby HandJamMasterC » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:51 am

Most theme camps have positive energy!

At least until Sunday morning..........

I searched for Camp Lethargy and Camp Narcolepsy but I couldn't find them................ 8)
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:42 am

I think they are usually back-to-back with Camp Drama Queen...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby alexamonkey » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey,
I was having problems with my login,...I sent you a message via Hotmail- Alexamonkey, CRTT
alexamonkey

Return to 2011 Theme Camps