Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister

Postby darren y » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:06 am

Mr. Mister is Back!!

The Biggest Little Oasis on the Playa, Mr. Mister, located @ Vamp Camp
The Original 'Mr. Mister'
Composed of a 14x24 foot deck (blue) covered with camo net canopy that has approximately 120 patio misters.
Operating from noon to sunset daily, it is consistantly 23 degrees cooler on the Mister deck than the playa.
Several bean bag chairs + a hammock, a kid freindly enviroment, come chill with us during the hot dusty day.
Big white bus (Mr. Mister painted on the sides) with a blue mister deck on the passenger side,
right next to the Vamp Camp bar.
Meet the man responsible, Mr. Mister, look for the big guy with long hair wearing a Utilikilt.
We bring 2000+ gallons of water every year just to cool you off on those dusty hot afternoons.
Stop by cool off...
aka: Mr. Mister
darren y

Re: Mr. Mister

Postby tamarakay » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Oh you rock sir! I will definately be trying to find you.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Packoderm » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I was thinking of installing 1/120 the number of misters you have planned. Even then I'll have to budget for more water. I'd think Figjam would be all over this.
-Zeke
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:13 am

Packoderm wrote:I was thinking of installing 1/120 the number of misters you have planned. Even then I'll have to budget for more water. I'd think Figjam would be all over this.
-Zeke

I think Figjam is more of a, "I love you, you're my soul mate, now I'm going back to my camp," kinda guy.

In fact, I think those are his exact words. 8)

I want to be Figjam when I grow up.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby delle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:27 am

Growing up appears not to be an option for me.

I'd be grateful for the random FIGJAM moment from time to time....

What a wonderful thing you're offering, Mr. Mister dude! I'm thinking if I do find you, I'll be there so long my playa name will be Miss Prunella. THANK YOU in advance for what I can already totally appreciate as a most refreshing experience.
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby darren y » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:38 am

I'll be there every day pissing water into the wind...
darren y

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:44 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
Packoderm wrote:I was thinking of installing 1/120 the number of misters you have planned. Even then I'll have to budget for more water. I'd think Figjam would be all over this.
-Zeke

I think Figjam is more of a, "I love you, you're my soul mate, now I'm going back to my camp," kinda guy.

Just to be clear, that was a reference to Elorum being a solo badass.

I love her and she is my soul mate, but I would'nt inflict my company on her more than she would be comfy with, so "now I'm going back to my camp". :lol: 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby delle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:47 am

darren y wrote:I'll be there every day pissing water into the wind...

....as long as you're pissing clear.........
delle

Postby Packoderm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 am

This is too funny. I meant that Figjam would be all over the idea of making a homespun misting device.
Packoderm

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:21 am

Packoderm wrote:This is too funny. I meant that Figjam would be all over the idea of making a homespun misting device.

It was the first thing I thought of before the cooler, but the site on the emiters said that each one uses .5gal per hour.

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Packoderm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 am

FIGJAM wrote:
Packoderm wrote:This is too funny. I meant that Figjam would be all over the idea of making a homespun misting device.

It was the first thing I thought of before the cooler, but the site on the emiters said that each one uses .5gal per hour.

One of the ready-made mister sites said it takes 0.4 GPH per emitter. That is a lot of water. And that's just for one emitter. Maybe one emitter in the center of our shade canopy for about 6 hours per day might be nice enough to be worth the water expense. I plan on making one and checking it out regardless. My motorhome has a pump and has hoses to the outside for an external shower. Maybe I can tap into that to get one or two emitters going. Maybe it would be good to add just a little lemon juice to the mister water. I wonder if the mist will dry up before hitting the tarp on the ground, or if it would get muddy.
Packoderm

Postby darren y » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:28 pm

it will get muddy, it does use a lot of water, that's why I show up with 2,000 gallons + a 300 gallon back up tank just to ensure that I will still be misting on Burn Day
darren y

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:47 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:
-Zeke

Just to be clear, that was a reference to Elorum being a solo badass.

I love her and she is my soul mate, but I would'nt inflict my company on her more than she would be comfy with, so "now I'm going back to my camp". :lol: 8)

:lol: :oops: :lol:

(((Figjam)))

I only meant that I can't see you trapped in your camp making nice to a thousand new best friends all day long... well maybe. 8) But I would think you like to prowl around a bit.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby darren y » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:12 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:I only meant that I can't see you trapped in your camp making nice to a thousand new best friends all day long... well maybe. 8) But I would think you like to prowl around a bit.

That's pretty much what I end up doing every day, just kick back & meet people as the come buy.
Many come baring gifts for me others just for the nippley chill
darren y

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:19 pm

darren y wrote:
MyDearFriend wrote:I only meant that I can't see you trapped in your camp making nice to a thousand new best friends all day long... well maybe. 8) But I would think you like to prowl around a bit.

That's pretty much what I end up doing every day, just kick back & meet people as the come buy.

But, but, there's stuff and other stuff, and shiney stuff, and sparkly stuff, and flamming stuff, and art stuff, and all that other STUFF.........What about THAT stuff??? :?

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby darren y » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:45 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
darren y wrote:

But, but, there's stuff and other stuff, and shiney stuff, and sparkly stuff, and flamming stuff, and art stuff, and all that other STUFF.........What about THAT stuff??? :?

That's what my art car is for, [that is when my wife & her freinds bring it back from exploring the playa], I still get out but mostly @ night
darren y

Postby Rabbette » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:10 pm

When I first read this thread name - It brough back an awesome child hood memory of Mr. Bubble (wondering now if they still make that stuff - humm) none the less - your camp sounds cool (in all senses of the word) rock on and I hope to join you for a sit!
Smile, who cares if you don't have all your teeth.
Rabbette

Postby delle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Ah dam!

Now you've got me thinking about that soap we had as little kids that was in an aerosol can and came out like thick whipped cream. Can't remember what it was called.

SURELY that's not around anymore.

and now I'm thinking of Silly String. This is going to be a looooooooooooong night of remembering if this continues at this speed....
delle

Postby Rabbette » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:09 am

delle wrote:Ah dam!

Now you've got me thinking about that soap we had as little kids that was in an aerosol can and came out like thick whipped cream. Can't remember what it was called.

SURELY that's not around anymore.

and now I'm thinking of Silly String. This is going to be a looooooooooooong night of remembering if this continues at this speed....

could you make designs with it? - - - I found this stuff http://www.creativekidstuff.com/foaming-soap.html
Smile, who cares if you don't have all your teeth.
Rabbette

Postby delle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Looks like the same kinda thing there, Rabette! :D

Your picture pushed me to search a little further... I think it was called Crazy Foam.

Seeing it's still available, I know what at least one stocking stuffer is going to be this Christmas. Crazy foam for the whole dam-family!!!

Can't wait! :D
delle

Return to 2011 Theme Camps