Tango Underground Sub-camp at Minitropolis

Tango Underground Sub-camp at Minitropolis

Postby epochalfrog » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Any Tango dancers attending BM this year? I've been told that there is a Tango camp, someplace.
A group of us tangueros / tangueras all will be in minitropolis.
Life's too short for questions, in the end we are all dust on the Playa. Live,, Breathe,, and Share!
epochalfrog

Re: Tango Underground Sub-camp at Minitropolis

Postby ChilliPapaSmurf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Hey epochal frog,

I'm a tanguero from London coming to my first burn! And this is my first post because I just had to say hi!

I'd love to dance Tango Argentino at BM and I'd like to know more about this sub-camp.

But I'm afraid my dancing shoes may stay at home for this one. Though someone told me a true tanguero takes their dancing shoes everywhere they go...

Chilli Papa
Do each and every thing as if you do nothing else.
Basho
ChilliPapaSmurf

Location: London, The United Kingdom of Great Buggering Britain

Postby epochalfrog » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Hola Chilli Papa,

You have to bring some practice shoes at least. The Tangueras in our camp are pretty tall. Our group just returned from 2 weeks of Tango in Buenos Aires. With a little luck, we will have a Bandonion player with us as well.

We look forward to meeting you.

Un Abrazo,

Epochalfrog
Life's too short for questions, in the end we are all dust on the Playa. Live,, Breathe,, and Share!
epochalfrog

Postby Elderberry » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 pm

There have been various dance camps over the years featuring everything from swing/lindy to tango and everything in-between. unfortunately I have never managed to find one. Well, two years ago I did manage to find one, but no one was dancing and no music was playing. :cry:

Though I am forever hopeful and check the program book every year. I'm bound to get lucky one of these burns.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ChilliPapaSmurf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks guys,

I really am trying to keep an open mind and no expectations but DAMN I'M SO FRICKING EXCITED!!! Merely about being on the playa frankly, but tango too?

I'll bring some dance sneakers, they were designed for punishment. And I'm a healthy 6'1 so no worries there. I was tango-loco for three years straight but burnt out a bit last year and have only just got back into dancing after a long break. I forgot how happy it made me. And how it broke my heart. I tell ya, tango...

And now you're scaring me saying you've been to Buenos Aires and have Bandoneon player. Love it. I'll put Minitropolis at the top of my list marked "to get acquainted with."

jkisha I'll give you a lesson if you'd like! Nothing wrong with men dancing with men, I improved no end when I did and realised how shite most of us can be. Besides it's Burning Man...

Peace and abrazos

Asif
aka The Baron
aka Chilli Papa Smurf
Basho
ChilliPapaSmurf

Postby Elderberry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 am

ChilliPapaSmurf wrote:Thanks guys,

I really am trying to keep an open mind and no expectations but DAMN I'M SO FRICKING EXCITED!!! Merely about being on the playa frankly, but tango too?

I'll bring some dance sneakers, they were designed for punishment. And I'm a healthy 6'1 so no worries there. I was tango-loco for three years straight but burnt out a bit last year and have only just got back into dancing after a long break. I forgot how happy it made me. And how it broke my heart. I tell ya, tango...

And now you're scaring me saying you've been to Buenos Aires and have Bandoneon player. Love it. I'll put Minitropolis at the top of my list marked "to get acquainted with."

jkisha I'll give you a lesson if you'd like! Nothing wrong with men dancing with men, I improved no end when I did and realised how shite most of us can be. Besides it's Burning Man...

Peace and abrazos

Asif
aka The Baron
aka Chilli Papa Smurf

I could always use a lesson or two...especially in Argentine Style Tango.
I owned the Arthur Murray Franchise for northwestern Ohio and Southern Michigan and operated studios for almost 14 years before I sold out and moved west. Argentine Style Tango wasn't very popular in those days.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby tangodiva » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Chilli Papa & Epochalfrog,

So I take it there is some sort of dance floor there? And sound system? And tango music? And tangueros & tangueras? Ah ... now that's a recipe for a happy life!

I'm definitely bringing a few pairs of Neo Tango and Comme il Faut (tango shoes), so, yes, bring your dance shoes ... and let us explore the sensual pleasure of the tango embrace in the wild chaos of Burning Man ...

Tango Diva
tangodiva

Postby epochalfrog » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:33 am

Hola Tango Diva,

Dance Floor, 21ft X 21 ft, Check

Genuine Argentine Tango music fresh from Buenos Aires, Check

Sound system, Check

Tango instruction, Check

Abrazos desnudos, check and double check, if so desired!

Bandoneon player, working on it

Vamanos al Milonga del Playa

epochalfrog
epochalfrog

Postby Elderberry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Please post where you'll be located on playa. (Are you a registered camp?)
epochalfrog wrote:Hola Tango Diva,

Dance Floor, 21ft X 21 ft, Check

Genuine Argentine Tango music fresh from Buenos Aires, Check

Sound system, Check

Tango instruction, Check

Abrazos desnudos, check and double check, if so desired!

Bandoneon player, working on it

epochalfrog
JK
Elderberry

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Maybe you should invite Accordion Rob to play a set or two.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Elderberry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:17 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Maybe you should invite Accordion Rob to play a set or two.

Damn good idea!
JK
Elderberry

Postby ChilliPapaSmurf » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 am

Tango Diva, they say anything goes in BRC but I'm in awe of any woman who'll brings Comme Il Faut shoes to the playa...

And epochalfrog: abrazos desnudos?
Oh.
My.
Gosh.

I think we've all done it in private (yes we have) but that will be quite the spectacle to observe on the milonga floor... except the line of dance means I'll be looking at all the men's arses.

This is wonderfully surreal conversation...

Peace
Basho
ChilliPapaSmurf

Postby epochalfrog » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:36 am

[quote="jkisha"]Please post where you'll be located on playa. (Are you a registered camp?)

We are not a registered camp, since up until last week, it was only to me and my non-tanguero ex-wif'e's father.
( now there is a chain of adjectives one could only expect to encounter on the playa)
I have since recruited two of my tanguera travel mates from my Bs.As. trip. They are absolutely gorgeous, and fantastic followers.
We are working on getting our the Bandoneon playing- opera singer buddy a ticket.

We will be in Minitropolis as I am volunteering on the Temple of Transition Build crew.
Once I know where we will be assigned, I'll happily provide a location update.

epochalfrog[/quote][/quote]
epochalfrog

Postby epochalfrog » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 am

[quote="tangodiva"]Hi Chilli Papa & Epochalfrog,

So I take it there is some sort of dance floor there? And sound system? And tango music? And tangueros & tangueras? Ah ... now that's a recipe for a happy life!

I'm definitely bringing a few pairs of Neo Tango and Comme il Faut (tango shoes), so, yes, bring your dance shoes ... and let us explore the sensual pleasure of the tango embrace in the wild chaos of Burning Man ...

Tango Diva[/quote]

Ahhh, Tango Diva,

Un Pollito me ha dicho que usted ha estado manteniendo secretos.
Maleva Tango Diva,

Now I'll have put those handcuffs back in my tango shoe bag, and whisk you off to the BDSM camp, AFTER we "explore the sensual pleasure of the tango embrace" Ummmmm Yummy!
epochalfrog

Return to 2011 Theme Camps