Missed DMV Deadline!

Missed DMV Deadline!

Postby hammer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:21 am

AHHHHH! My camp has an art car (from last year), and we realized over the weekend that we just missed the deadline - we thought it was the end of July, not the end of June. Do we have any recourse? Or are we doomed to roam the playa on foot without the Janky Fish. Any help would be much appreciated, we've been storing our car in a storage area in Reno, and we'd hate to have to leave it there for the event.

Cheers,

hammer
DFT Co-Founder 2009, 2008 Virgin
Visit us this year at _____ and ____.

Not a single one of your ancestors died young. They all copulated at least once.
-- Richard Dawkins
hammer

Re: Missed DMV Deadline!

Postby ygmir » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:13 am

yeah, that whole calendar thing is tough for some folks.

dang, sorry you missed.
I hope you can figure it out..............

good luck.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby HandJamMasterC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 am

That sucks Hammer. You guys need to get more organized !!
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby hammer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:39 pm

HandJamMasterC wrote:That sucks Hammer. You guys need to get more organized !!

We are pretty super organized with task leads, schedules, google docs, the budget, etc, we just didn't know when the deadline was and assumed it was late July. And we all know what happens when you make assumptions...

Not a single one of your ancestors died young. They all copulated at least once.
-- Richard Dawkins
hammer

Postby EspressoDude » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:55 pm

my understanding that due to the huge number of MV applications, the limit was reached in early May...

just like ticket sales, early is always better
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby actiongrl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Y'all might want to assign someone to read the Jack Rabbit Speaks each year and watch for this stuff...it's definitely there on the site and repeatedly mentioned in the newsletter just so that folks can avoid your fate!
I know, probably doesn't help assuage the suckiness of missing it this year, but maybe for 2012.
actiongrl

Postby lemur » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:34 pm

EspressoDude wrote:my understanding that due to the huge number of MV applications, the limit was reached in early May...

unless this is a joke..... i can confirm that there was no limit reached in early may.. applications were being accepted right up till the deadline and they are now being processed.

there was over 120 days to apply..
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby hammer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I completely understand that there was a lot of time to apply, it's just that this one date got missed by our entire camp and board of directors (including myself). We had our theme camp application in two months ahead of time. We were distracted by infrastructure planning and construction and missed the deadline buried a page or two deep until about three days after the deadline - it happens...we're not generally a group of hacks, the Darwin Fish Tank tends to rock and rock well. One of our founding members (and board member) is an architect of the temple this year, and he'll be on playa shortly. Anwyays, we're exploring some options and seeing what we can do - the Janky Fish is going with us whether we can drive it around or not.

Cheers,

hammer

-- Richard Dawkins
hammer

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Oh my. That must really suck. :roll:
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 am

lemur wrote:
EspressoDude wrote:my understanding that due to the huge number of MV applications, the limit was reached in early May...

unless this is a joke..... i can confirm that there was no limit reached in early may.. applications were being accepted right up till the deadline and they are now being processed.

there was over 120 days to apply..

I applied as late as one could and they were still taking them. Got my invite just the other day, so E-dude's info is not correct.

-Badger
Captain of the Dachs Gabe
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby JRoyale » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:33 am

Actually, that's not correct. In the future we might have to stop accepting applications before the deadline, but this year the we kept accepting applications right up to the deadline and then because of little technical problem, a little bit longer.

In terms of the original topic, yes... it's too late. I'm sorry, the DMV takes the application deadline (for a number of reasons) very seriously.

We get that a number of people think hard deadlines aren't part of the ethos of Burning Man, but you guys should see how much work we have to do to process what in the queues at the moment.

JR
DMV Council
JRoyale

Return to 2011 Theme Camps