First timers in BM looking to joing a theme camp

First timers in BM looking to joing a theme camp

Postby lightMar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 am

Hey, we are a couple from Israel first timers in BM.
We will be happy to join a theme camp with good people.

Let me know if you have a room in your camp for a lovely couple :D

Thanks
Or
lightMar

Postby lemur » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:47 am

are you folks chill ?
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Dustdevil » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:25 am

Perhaps a few sentences of what you bring to the table and why you would be good for any given camp would be useful.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Postby lightMar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:00 am

Sure, so a couple of inspiring words about us:

My name is Or (which means Light in Herbew) and my wife's name is Maya, we are 26 & 27 years old.
We love life, people and nature. We are part of a group called "Love Revolution" which meets in the heart of Tel-Aviv.
The group's goal is to bring love and open-heartiness to everyone through self-development classes and creative projects on the streets.

I hope that gives some kind of picture :D
lightMar

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 am

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 am

are you folks chill ?

:lol:

Hi Or.

Message or email the theme camps in this forum that look interesting. They don't usually look for new members--new members come to them.

Remember that not everyone has a theme camp. You don't need one, but it can be more comfortable. On the other hand, camps usually require work or money (or both), and they often have enough people by now.

If you get stuck, consider Green Tortoise San Francisco's 5-day trip. They provide food, water, shade and a ride. You have to bring a tent and your other supplies. :)

http://www.greentortoise.com/adventures ... tival.html
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Packoderm » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 am

We check these posts. I've got nothing else to do until it cools down enough to get some work done anyway. How are your kazoo playing skills?

Oh, I should add, we're not a theme camp per se although we sometimes have pretensions of being one. Chill? We'd rather have goof offs.
Packoderm

Postby lightMar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 am

Well, I was told that being a part of a theme camps transforms you BM experience to a much higher level.
This is why I am looking for a theme camp.

However, if there are nice people here there are not a part of a theme camp and would like to make a camp together, I will be happy as well.
lightMar

Postby Minxy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 am

You definitely do not need a theme camp to bump it up to the next level.

Depending on your resources, you may want to join some type of group, theme camp or not, for a slightly easier time with shade, etc, but it's really not necessary.

Usually, when coming solo, you get to know your neighbors. Sometimes that ends up turning into an impromptu group "camping" together. Not always.

Sometimes you'll be "adopted" by a camp/group; ie be invited over a lot for hang out/food/beer/whatever time.

Regardless, coming solo is awesome. Make sure to bring all you need to survive in the desert for a week (which you should do, theme camp or not)...shade, water, shelter (tent), food, first aid, etc. Read the survival guide.

Welcome home! :)
Minxy

Postby Savannah » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Well, I was told that being a part of a theme camps transforms you BM experience to a much higher level.
This is why I am looking for a theme camp.

Yes and no. Theme camps ask for number of hours of work per day (maybe set-up, or tear-down) and a bit of money in exchange for whatever benefits they offer (some offer food, showers, shade, etc). And you get to help them give an experience to the citizens of the city, and be a part of something--maybe it's a really good something. So while there are benefits, work is required. For this reason, if you go with a camp, pick a group whose message or goal you admire.

If you prefer independence and are good at setting up a tent and shade, & staking it down very well, consider going without a camp and introducing yourself to your neighbors, and visiting all the theme camps you want.
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

lightMar wrote:Well, I was told that being a part of a theme camps transforms you BM experience to a much higher level.

Everybody burns differently. What works for one person doesn't work for everyone.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: First timers in BM looking to joing a theme camp

Postby mauricioo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi Lightmar,

My friends and I have a brand new camp called "Good Time Island", we are mainly old burners and a few new ones as well.

We are a straight-friendly gay camp and looking for some quality "good-time material" burners to join us. We have applied and are waiting for placement. Visit our website at www.campgoodtimeisland.com and check us out!!!
mauricioo

Return to 2011 Theme Camps