This is Virgil Brigman back on the air...

This is Virgil Brigman back on the air...

Postby Bold » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Been a while. Missed you all! The Poisoned Palace website is online once again...rough around the edges (some broken links, we're working on it) but it's getting late in the game so we need to get the word out there. The word is karaoke. We have a kick-ass song catalog and several other cool things in the pipleine for Rites of Passage.

We are an organized, low drama camp. We are hoping to get the same excellent placement we've had in past years, near the 3:00 keyhole. A block or two from the Esplanade, ranger station, medics, and Arctica. If we're lucky we'll be near Terminal City again. Best. Neighbors. Ever.

We have a relaxed and inviting space that people revisit throughout the event. We hold social activities during the week, including the long-overdue return of the Foot Spa.

The Poisoned Palace seeks to build community. We are committed but easy-going. The camp is up and running before the gates open to the public so we can enjoy watching the city grow. Our camp dues cover food, water, shower, transportation of camp and personal gear, power, and more. We're looking for cool folks to help us make it happen again. Make no mistake: we are a WORKING camp. We're not looking for lodgers, we're looking for participants. We work, we play, we have a hard-rockin' time. If you live in the Seattle area and are interested in contributing to a theme camp, contact us. If not, have a terrific Burn and come and come visit us on the Playa!

And get those pipes ready for Black Rock Idol. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.
Bold

Re: This is Virgil Brigman back on the air...

Postby Bold » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Quick update:

• Our website is almost done, we welcome constructive feedback
    • Our events have been submitted to the WWW guide, and are updated on our calendar.
    • I still have to hook up the donation module to start the online fundraiser for our paddling line
    • Our new karaoke dual-geo dome venue is on track for completion, and we'll have 600 more songs to add to the list by the time we hit Playa
    • We're still seeking WA/OR/BC area people who want to join a theme camp
A couple of us Palace people had to skip last year, and we're really looking forward to coming home. I miss you all, even if I haven't met you yet. Rites of Passage has a poignant meaning for those of us who knew and mourn the loss of one of the Palace founders. There will be much joy and many tears for us this year. While the sorrow is ours, we hope you will partake in our joy. I can't imagine a life without you, without BRC.

Can't wait to get dusty with y'all :mrgreen:
Bold

Return to 2011 Theme Camps