I don't really want to go solo. Any camp recomendations?

I don't really want to go solo. Any camp recomendations?

Postby dirtbag magee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 am

This will be my third year at the burn, I couldn’t make it last year but now I make my triumphant return. I went solo my first year then with my ex and her friends in 2009, this year I'd like to be part of larger camp.

I like to think that I’m a pretty chill dude, I’m not a full time burner by any means but I do participate when I can i.e. decompression, big sound camp fundraiser events, various burner parties in the bay area. I live in Davis so unfortunately I can’t attend every event.

I’m just looking for a group of fun individuals that would be willing to welcome me into their camp. I am fully prepared to contribute with both camp dues and camp workloads once at the burn.

Thanks for your time and hope to get some input.

James
"relax, chill, and let the world show you what its got" - I
dirtbag magee

Postby Bob » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 am

That would make a hell of a dating profile.

Have you considered transferring to Chico State?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:36 am

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby dirtbag magee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 pm

yah i plan on doing my own homework and i know is not gona be as easy as "hey im gona camp with you" but there is no harm in throwing a line out there and trying to get some positive feedback. im not looking for someone to recruit me just maybe some ideas about possible camps that i should look into. thanks.
"relax, chill, and let the world show you what its got" - I
dirtbag magee

Postby Dr Helix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:19 pm

"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby AntiM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm

You can also check out the villages, which can be pretty solo, yet not.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby scott916 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 am

ygpm.
scott916

No worries!

Postby machinegirl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:50 pm

You know what? I am in the same boat as you. Exactly. I went in 2009 and it was life changing. I am so grateful. I missed 2010 due to school, but I am all dialed in for 2011, minus the camp. Like you, I am chill - meaning willing to whatever is needed and mellow, go with the flow. :D
machinegirl

Postby Foxfur » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Build a bunch stuff of and post lotsa pics.
Worked for me. Careful what you build though. I built a bunch of fire spewing mechanical goodness and was recruited into Terminal City.
Stroll around the board, find a few folks of similar interests and suitable temperment and strike up a conversation. Post in threads that resonate with you. Let your snark flag fly. There are some incredible examples of fine earthlings at eplaya. The rest are worthless.

There's a place for you.

Where my people come from there is a saying.
"Nothing that comes from the dust can be found. You must take one or none."

Ff
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th - 404 Village Not Found

Postby plowman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Check out Stag Camp. Started in "07". Check out the old threads from then til "09" thats when they got there own web site. I think the address is in one of the older eplaya sites. Do your Homework, good luck
plowman

Postby Packoderm » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Endorphin/Orphan Camp. It's what you make of it.
Packoderm

PolyParadise

Postby Bad-Budhist » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 pm

is an amazing camp!
Peace in every step
Bad-Budhist

Postby curiousgnate » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:35 am

Crypto you crack my shit up!!!!!
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby Sail Man » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 pm

curiousgnate wrote:Crypto you crack my shit up!!!!!

You sure it's not the peanuts and corn doing that? :wink:

And another suggestion to check out stag camp. I've talked to friends who have camped there and they love it. Motskyroonmatick-expialidoscious I believe is the defacto mayor, and/or minion of higher beings :P pops in here every so often and would be a good one to chat with about the camp and how it operates as well.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Savannah » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:58 pm

"Mayor" works. There is no higher being.

Because he's awesome, but also because the camp is informally run (by a small group of ruthless knaves).

No weirdos.
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby curiousgnate » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 pm

exactly Sav! although the bondage barber chair sort of resembles a throne!
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby Savannah » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:54 pm

. . a throne made of the bones of his enemies! Plus some chrome and some nice leather straps and buckles he designed.

Ohhh, he is going to be so pissed that I did not call him Sir Kim Jong Il of the Land Grab. That is actually the title he was knighted with.
Savannah

Postby clerkkent » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 pm

our Lego camp is headquartered in Fairfield, a mere 30 minutes west of you in Davis.
7 burns and counting. Each one gets better.
clerkkent

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Swoosh! (arrives in a tacky but refined tan jump suit with copied name tag..."Dusty")

I am Kim Jung Ill of the land grab! (I at times play a Knave whilst cavorting in one of my many palaces)

You may use my bondage barber chair if you dare. All you need is a safe word and no worries about being wheeled around on it's 4 wheeled platform. :) Nutella is not supplied by me but is available upon request. Anyone not in the chair will obey the safe word when uttered by the person in the chair! No exceptions!

Anyway. I love you guys. You just made my day a little brighter Oh boy it has been a day. Who knew better job/future security felt so bad.

Sail Man! Thanks for the camp props. I hope all your transports retain all their bodily fluids inside for you today and you have the perfect place lined up for a nap. Throw and go! Drive it like you stole it.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Foxfur » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:33 am

motskyroonmatick wrote:You may use my bondage barber chair if you dare. All you need is a safe word and no worries about being wheeled around on it's 4 wheeled platform. :) Nutella is not supplied by me but is available upon request. Anyone not in the chair will obey the safe word when uttered by the person in the chair! No exceptions!

I read this to Sweetpea and she almost fell over laughing.
I quote her, "It really sounds like a great group of people" without irony.
Love that woman :) :) :)

Ff
Foxfur

Postby C187 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 am

Hey dirtbag magee,
You might as well check out Stag Camp since you have five Staggers and a Borg telling you about it.

----
Savannah wrote:. . a throne made of the bones of his enemies!

Stop giving me ideas.
*Has iron throne in his head, but made out of bones.*

Foxfur wrote:I quote her, "It really sounds like a great group of people" without irony.

You sure you want to indicate lack of irony? Why don't we try again after you take a spin in the chair. You can even use my safe word if you want..
..don't worry, your in great hands.
C187

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:02 am

Angstrom schwah is my all time worst dipthong.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Packoderm » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am

We visited Stag Camp when they had the grilled cheese sandwiches on the guillotine. That was funny and thank you for the sandwiches. It was a pretty big camp, and the people were young and "cool." An elder Orphan had a daughter at Stag Camp. She said she had to act younger to fit in. She looked young for her age, so she pulled it off. Last year, Orphan Camp's ages ranged from 21 to 63 and was very spread out in between. This year, all but about 4 members plan to return. We have 13 Endorphins returning so far this year. We'd be happy to have about 7 new Orphans. No dues, no rules (within reason), no scheduled camp duties, and no sparkle ponies please. Our all kazoo parade was a standout.
Packoderm

Postby Savannah » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 am

C187 wrote:Hey dirtbag magee,
You might as well check out Stag Camp since you have five Staggers and a Borg telling you about it.

----

Stop giving me ideas.

I will never intentionally stop giving you ideas, 'cause now I want a chrome bone throne. (Iron throne bone = also acceptable; more above reproach, less glare.)
Savannah

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:11 am

Savannah wrote:. . a throne made of the bones of his enemies! Plus some chrome and some nice leather straps and buckles he designed.

Ohhh, he is going to be so pissed that I did not call him Sir Kim Jong Il of the Land Grab. That is actually the title he was knighted with.

YOU'RE giving me ideas, Sav!

Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Foxfur » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:16 pm

C187 wrote:Hey dirtbag magee,

----

Stop giving me ideas.

Foxfur wrote:I quote her, "It really sounds like a great group of people" without irony.

You sure you want to indicate lack of irony? Why don't we try again after you take a spin in the chair. You can even use my safe word if you want..
..don't worry, your in great hands.

Can I spell it out instead of saying it. Wait a minute. How can I say anything with a ball gag in my mouth? :shock: As long as my hands are free I can sign it...
Foxfur

Postby motskyroonmatick » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:38 pm

Packoderm wrote:We visited Stag Camp when they had the grilled cheese sandwiches on the guillotine. That was funny and thank you for the sandwiches. It was a pretty big camp, and the people were young and "cool." An elder Orphan had a daughter at Stag Camp. She said she had to act younger to fit in. She looked young for her age, so she pulled it off. Last year, Orphan Camp's ages ranged from 21 to 63 and was very spread out in between. This year, all but about 4 members plan to return. We have 13 Endorphins returning so far this year. We'd be happy to have about 7 new Orphans. No dues, no rules (within reason), no scheduled camp duties, and no sparkle ponies please. Our all kazoo parade was a standout.

Ha ha ha ha!!!!! Young and cool people stand out at every camp. Believe me there are plenty of other demographics well represented within our camp.
We decided on a cap of 100 people which is a big camp. We made that decision based on Dumbar's # and some other tribal size/Burn Camp size information we gathered.
It's great that Stag Camp and Endorphin Camp are on playa. We supply each in our own way a fun non obligatory atmosphere for participants to burn in.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby C187 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Foxfur wrote:Can I spell it out instead of saying it. Wait a minute. How can I say anything with a ball gag in my mouth? :shock: As long as my hands are free I can sign it...

Ball gag!? Boy I like hearing the screams. :twisted:

motskyroonmatick wrote:Ha ha ha ha!!!!! Young and cool people stand out at every camp. Believe me there are plenty of other demographics well represented within our camp.

I know we have a lot of people looking silly, and doing silly things. But the only young person I remember from last year wasn't even camping with us. As for the cool.. .. . :?
C187

Re: I don't really want to go solo. Any camp recomendations?

Postby mauricioo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Hey man,

check out our new camp. It is an evolution of Mudksipper cafe and it's now GOOD TIME ISLAND. http://campgoodtimeisland.com/

Hit us up if you're interested in joining us.

Bubblegum.
mauricioo

Re: I don't really want to go solo. Any camp recomendations?

Postby Elderberry » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 pm

mauricioo wrote:Hey man,

check out our new camp. It is an evolution of Mudksipper cafe and it's now GOOD TIME ISLAND. http://campgoodtimeisland.com/

Hit us up if you're interested in joining us.

Bubblegum.

More correctly, it's an off-shoot of Mudskipper Cafe. The Mudskippers will be there again this year in force.
But GTI is good peeps, definitely worth a look.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Next

Return to 2011 Theme Camps