What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Mojojita » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh yes, that's the one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the opposite reaction as Gaminwench. Everything was hilarious -
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
User avatar
Mojojita
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby gaminwench » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Oh, I was hilarious - everyone said so... I just don't remember it!

I'm an actor; apparently I got all 'method' and stayed in character all night long (nice to know I can do that while altered out of my mind!)...
Before going to bed, my campmates report that I admitted to voting for the 'bitch that took my crown'; all in good fun!
Last edited by gaminwench on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo
User avatar
gaminwench
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Shangri-la
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Mojojita » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Yep, I know I enjoyed watching you climb Yggy like he was an oak tree!
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
User avatar
Mojojita
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby gaminwench » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:20 pm

He IS an oak tree... thank goodness someone was sturdy!
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo
User avatar
gaminwench
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Shangri-la
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 pm

He is flat gorgeous, and there was an electricity...

... but you knew this.


:mrgreen:
User avatar
Lassen Forge
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby lucky420 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:34 pm

and he is much taller than I thought he was
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 5697
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby gaminwench » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:50 pm

oh, gee, was I obvious??!!??
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo
User avatar
gaminwench
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:57 am
Location: Shangri-la
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Cheyenne » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:40 pm

I came, I saw, I furnished people with mead....
313

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 pm
Location: Wales!

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:48 pm

All I remember is being constantly recognized (time for a non-pictoral avatar maybe?) and yelling at people to shut up. I remember less of the party after the MnG, so that's pretty good...


Oh, wait, I remember BBS's tongue as well. *heh*
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8371
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

The simple answer as to why should we change the night of the M&G would be to simply say it's always been on Thursday and that's the tradition and be done with it. And that is part of the answer. But the other side of the coin (unless somebody else wants to host it, recognizing that they will empty your liquor cabinents, trash your camp, piss behind your RV, and steal your bike) is that we at BDC&WB try not to schedule two big events and/or parties on the same day. Wednesday is the Naked Bike Ride & Pub Crawl, which we are a major stop at with 200+ naked and thirsty cyclists laying waste to our little slice of paradise on the playa, so that's out; Friday is chaos what with Critical Tits and BRC Body & Paint (a wholly-owned subsidiary of BDC&WB), so that's no good; so what's left? You guessed it: Thursday. I'm perfectly willing to hand off the M&G even though we have hosted it for the past, what, eight years? But I'd rather not. There are some traditions at TTITD that should remain sacrosanct. And besides, it's easier for me to get back to my RV this way.
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3970
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:34 pm

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Leave the M&G as is.

Be there or be pear shaped. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 8559
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Cheyenne wrote:I came, I saw, I furnished people with mead....


That you did, darling.. and it was amaaaazing!

*In my best Oliver impersonation* - Please sir.. I want some more...
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Elderberry » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:42 pm

I enjoyed the M&G at your place until we added the pot luck. I thought that the concept of the pot luck was great. It got everybody envolved and could have been an excellent new tradition.

However, I am still upset that with the potluck the event wasn't made private, nor were their accommodations made to serve food people were bringing, etc.

Maybe im just taking this too personally, but frankly I didn't spend three hours preparing food for eplayans that was to literally be devoured by strangers. I'm down right angry about this.

Not to mention, that once we bring and then you serve food, and the event is open to the public, you are in violation of the Nevada health department without procuring a food permit.

I'll always attend the M&G no matter where it's held, but I'll never bring food to share again unless proper accommodations are made by whoever hosts it.

Dr. Pyro wrote:The simple answer as to why should we change the night of the M&G would be to simply say it's always been on Thursday and that's the tradition and be done with it. And that is part of the answer. But the other side of the coin (unless somebody else wants to host it, recognizing that they will empty your liquor cabinents, trash your camp, piss behind your RV, and steal your bike) is that we at BDC&WB try not to schedule two big events and/or parties on the same day. Wednesday is the Naked Bike Ride & Pub Crawl, which we are a major stop at with 200+ naked and thirsty cyclists laying waste to our little slice of paradise on the playa, so that's out; Friday is chaos what with Critical Tits and BRC Body & Paint (a wholly-owned subsidiary of BDC&WB), so that's no good; so what's left? You guessed it: Thursday. I'm perfectly willing to hand off the M&G even though we have hosted it for the past, what, eight years? But I'd rather not. There are some traditions at TTITD that should remain sacrosanct. And besides, it's easier for me to get back to my RV this way.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 12847
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby International Incident » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 pm

gaminwench wrote:Oh, I was hilarious - everyone said so... I just don't remember it!



+1
User avatar
International Incident
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby cpart » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 pm

jkisha wrote:I enjoyed the M&G at your place until we added the pot luck. I thought that the concept of the pot luck was great. It got everybody envolved and could have been an excellent new tradition.

However, I am still upset that with the potluck the event wasn't made private, nor were their accommodations made to serve food people were bringing, etc.

Maybe im just taking this too personally, but frankly I didn't spend three hours preparing food for eplayans that was to literally be devoured by strangers. I'm down right angry about this.

Not to mention, that once we bring and then you serve food, and the event is open to the public, you are in violation of the Nevada health department without procuring a food permit.

I'll always attend the M&G no matter where it's held, but I'll never bring food to share again unless proper accommodations are made by whoever hosts it.

Dr. Pyro wrote:The simple answer as to why should we change the night of the M&G would be to simply say it's always been on Thursday and that's the tradition and be done with it. And that is part of the answer. But the other side of the coin (unless somebody else wants to host it, recognizing that they will empty your liquor cabinents, trash your camp, piss behind your RV, and steal your bike) is that we at BDC&WB try not to schedule two big events and/or parties on the same day. Wednesday is the Naked Bike Ride & Pub Crawl, which we are a major stop at with 200+ naked and thirsty cyclists laying waste to our little slice of paradise on the playa, so that's out; Friday is chaos what with Critical Tits and BRC Body & Paint (a wholly-owned subsidiary of BDC&WB), so that's no good; so what's left? You guessed it: Thursday. I'm perfectly willing to hand off the M&G even though we have hosted it for the past, what, eight years? But I'd rather not. There are some traditions at TTITD that should remain sacrosanct. And besides, it's easier for me to get back to my RV this way.



Me and my girlfriend pulled up with our bottles of bubbly wine to share with everyone but it seemed WAY too crowded. I figured many people weren't the eplayans I've seen posting around here.
User avatar
cpart
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 am
Burning Since: 2010

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Fufa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 pm

I felt so special at M&G! I didn't show til 8, cause I attended a wedding before (scheduled for 6:30, then moved back to 7:15 due to missing guests), and I was worried that either a) everyone would be gone or b)I would sit on the side like a wallflower. Neither happened! Over and over again to hear "FUUUFAAA" and get a giant hug, felt so great! And even earlier that afternoon, I met Triskntek at retrofrolic and got a surprise ride back to camp on an art car with ygmir. After meeting all you folks that were so glad to meet me and talk to me, I was on a self esteem high for a good 24 hours later. You all made me feel like a million dollars, which is a hard thing to do!

((((EVERYONE!))))
:D
User avatar
Fufa
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:12 pm
Location: New York, USA
Burning Since: 2010

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Trishntek » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:10 pm

JK! We all very much appreciate your hard work and earnest planning. The way Doc's camp is set up there is not single entrance which would mitigate the general public's access. Not realizing it would take me 45 minutes to walk there, I fully expected nothing to eat by the time I arrived.

It's all good! I do agree the food service does force submission to state health bureaucracy.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
User avatar
Trishntek
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby cpart » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 pm

I would like to thank Anti-M though for her amazing art piece that I adopted at her camp a few days before the Meet and Greet.

Image
User avatar
cpart
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 am
Burning Since: 2010

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Elderberry » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Well, it's not all good. If the potluck is to continue, proper accommodations need to be made for it. If docs camp can't or won't do it, then either the event should be moved or the potluck discontinued.

I really liked the idea of the potluck and would hate to see it discontinued. I made an offer to host the event and to keep it private and provide many other amenities to assure the proper venue for a potluck style event. I'm not trying to step on toes or usurp the hosting of the event from doc pyro. I'm just offering a more appropriate private space if people prefer to continue to want the event to be potluck. I'll even give doc pyro a ride back to his RV.

Otherwise, as I stated earlier, I'll always attend as I truly enjoy spending time with all my eplaya friends, I just won't be bringing food.

Trishntek wrote:JK! We all very much appreciate your hard work and earnest planning. The way Doc's camp is set up there is not single entrance which would mitigate the general public's access. Not realizing it would take me 45 minutes to walk there, I fully expected nothing to eat by the time I arrived.

It's all good! I do agree the food service does force submission to state health bureaucracy.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 12847
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:39 pm

JK.. brother.


Breathe.


Seriously..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Bounce530 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:45 pm

I brought some kick ass local salsa and chips (ask CfM about the salsa) but after the absinthe that Dr. Pyro was pouring into my shot glass belt buckle I don't remember much...LOL. Sorry Eric for calling you out cause of your handlebar :wink: and hey hey to everybody else who I drunkenly met. But I am wondering if anybody could hook me up with an email/FB addy for "WildMan" the guy in this pic-
Image
Image

Well hell, IDK why I can't get the pic to load..
What other people think about you is none of your business.
User avatar
Bounce530
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 am
Location: 6:30 & H
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby cpart » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Bounce530 wrote:Well hell, IDK why I can't get the pic to load..



Press "Download" and then go to imgur.com and upload the pic there, then post the pic using the [img] tag.
User avatar
cpart
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 am
Burning Since: 2010

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:01 pm

The meet and greet was one of the highlights of my first burn. I really enjoyed meeting many of you and was only sorry that I didn't get to spend more time with every one of you.

I have to admit that the beer baseball thing just outside at the beginning was one of the most interesting things I have ever seen, so I was a bit distracted early on.

Congratz to Minxzy on your wedding. My wife is still talking about how much she loved those cookies you brought.

Thanks to Doc Pyro as well - it was a great party and over the next 50 weeks, the cork swag was a nice touch and whenever I get homesick It will recall fond memories.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
User avatar
Drawingablank
 
Posts: 2274
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: NY
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Elderberry » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 pm

I am breathing, thanks. I'm just not happy about how the potluck was handled. I guess I'm a stickler for protocol.

I loved the M&G otherwise. It's always a treat to meet all the wonderful eplayans.
junglesmacks wrote:JK.. brother.


Breathe.


Seriously..
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 12847
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby goathead » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:26 am

Seems I made the Table of Shame one more year.

:shock:

Dam blinky lights, buckets of beer, playa time.......

:lol:

Very glad a lot of you did find me though.

:D

What a Great Year.
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu
Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking. Ratty
FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
goathead
 
Posts: 5146
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Where I live is not far from home.
Burning Since: 1999

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Cheyenne » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:10 am

I thought the M&G was great... It was the most drunk I got all week. the DAWG poured about 1/2 litre of brandy in my travelling flask and by the time I was pouring the mead out, I was well and truly slurring my words!

My boyf came with me, he isn't on eplaya.. but he appreciated the tortilla and salsa and I got to meet cool people

I've still got my home for wayward art headscarf and I've kept my name badge for future m&g's... that was a really nice touch doing those name badges

Needless to say, I fell off my bike on the way back to camp as I was soooo drunk :s

Heres to next year!
313

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 pm
Location: Wales!

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby C.f.M. » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 am

Bounce530 wrote:I brought some kick ass local salsa and chips (ask CfM about the salsa) but after the absinthe that Dr. Pyro was pouring into my shot glass belt buckle I don't remember much...LOL. Sorry Eric for calling you out cause of your handlebar :wink: and hey hey to everybody else who I drunkenly met. But I am wondering if anybody could hook me up with an email/FB addy for "WildMan" the guy in this pic-
Image
Image

Well hell, IDK why I can't get the pic to load..



I couldn't find the lid, so it stayed there. :cry:
User avatar
C.f.M.
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Burning Since: 2009

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Trishntek » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:23 am

Maybe someone was spiking drinks with the Cannabis Absinthe I brought? I know it disappeared almost immediately! Grai told me he came across the empty the next morning.
Image

The Blackberry Brandy mentioned above was probably Chambord which also disappeared suddenly.

It's no wonder some of you missed a day between the Slivovice and Absinthe,,,, I'm just glad we all drink,,,, to keep hydrated,,,,,, and stuff,,,,
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
User avatar
Trishntek
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby C.f.M. » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 am

Next year I need to have a CfMnG, so I actually get to spend some time with you people.

Isn't Lazerfox the CUTEest? She's first on the list - and gets the Most Valiant Effort to Actually Keep Plans Made and Hang Out with Someone at Burning Man Ever award.
User avatar
C.f.M.
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Burning Since: 2009

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Foxfur » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

I was surprised to see the pickled quail eggs disappear at the MnG, fantastic!
Aww CfM... I will be there! You are a real sweetheart when nobody else is around...
Had such a great time meeting y'all, wish I could have taken every one of you home.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Image
User avatar
Foxfur
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Banks, Oregon
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th - 404 Village Not Found

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Theme Camps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest