What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Re: a new plan.

Postby Elderberry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 pm

We have some home made chocolates you might enjoy for dessert then. :o
Simon of the Playa wrote:cant we just hang around drinking piss warm PBR's and smoking Marlboro's until we fall down? I don't like eating that much while im on the playa, unless it's hallucinogens.

just sayin'.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby lazerfox » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. And informative too, as I had not yet heard of your second point and will now do some personal research.

It has always been my humble opinion that most of your points are very valid. This event is still in it's infancy of planning & we have enough time for it to morph into whatever it needs to become for 2012.

However I strongly believe we should give MJ the courtesy of some post-playa time to post her thoughts/ideas/plans for the event as this is her first attempt at being lead person on it. Hell for all we know she may decide she wants it to be private and at your camp. (Would it be ok if a non-mudskipper organizes it?)

I guess my main concern now is if we continue slinging the same exact negative things about 2011 we may start forgetting all things that were great and amazing about it.

Either way I hope I get to visit your camp next year as it was one of the places I was sorry I missed.
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby lazerfox » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:cant we just hang around drinking piss warm PBR's and smoking Marlboro's until we fall down? I don't like eating that much while im on the playa, unless it's hallucinogens.

just sayin'.

we can do that any day of the week all day long! we just all have to find each other :wink:

and I had no luck finding any of those items you described
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 pm

this is why you come and find me early next year.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Drawingablank » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

just sayin'.

Sounds like a pretty accurate description of our camp - except we sprang for ice to cool down the PBR's.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Moderator hat off, my personal feelings on this:

jkisha wrote:In my mind, it wasn't agreed that it would be kept at BDC&WB unless they were willing to do what was necessary to prevent the same fiasco as this past year.

This is where I keep having a problem- you being unhappy with the way the food was handled does not equal a "fiasco". One part of the MnG wasn't up to your snuff, it doesn't mean the entire gathering was ruined for everybody (I personally had a great time), and assuming that because you aren't happy with the way it was run this one year means there is an actual unsolvable problem with the way it is run is over-reaching.

Expecting changes to be agreed to 11 months before we even have the next MnG is kind of silly. Let MJ start the planning, figure out what she wants to do with the ideas presented, and let us know the ideas she's come up with when we start planning for next year- like in July.

Second, up until hearing that whole camp(s) were allowed to invaded the event and use the M&G pot luck table for personal camp diner, I was open to keeping the event where it was; I now have serious doubts.

You seem to have read BBSue's post differently than I did- to me it seems an unnamed camp decided on their own to use the MnG to eat. They were discovered & spoken with. Doc, as a good host, dealt with the situation and asked the camp not be named as it was taken care of.

Personally I think lazerfox is right, this horse has been beaten beyond death and should be buried.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Elderberry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:11 pm

I doubt we will forget how great and amazing the event was, as it was the people attending that made it great; and I doubt I will ever forget the ONE MAJOR faux pas that was made either. If nothing else, it will make a great playa story.

I don't care who organizes the M&G, our space would still be available if requested; as would our camp members if needed.

And I believe we should give MJ the courtesy of as much post-playa time to post here thoughts/ideas/plans for the event next year too.

(Who is MJ again? (I'm blaming it on the Alzheimer's))
lazerfox wrote:Thank you, I really appreciate your response. And informative too, as I had not yet heard of your second point and will now do some personal research.

It has always been my humble opinion that most of your points are very valid. This event is still in it's infancy of planning & we have enough time for it to morph into whatever it needs to become for 2012.

However I strongly believe we should give MJ the courtesy of some post-playa time to post her thoughts/ideas/plans for the event as this is her first attempt at being lead person on it. Hell for all we know she may decide she wants it to be private and at your camp. (Would it be ok if a non-mudskipper organizes it?)

I guess my main concern now is if we continue slinging the same exact negative things about 2011 we may start forgetting all things that were great and amazing about it.

Either way I hope I get to visit your camp next year as it was one of the places I was sorry I missed.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby Elderberry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Eric wrote:
Personally I think lazerfox is right, this horse has been beaten beyond death and should be buried.

Maybe you should lock it then.

If some resolution were reached on this, I'd say the horse was dead. But unfortunately it still seems to be kicking to me.
JK
Elderberry

Postby International Incident » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 pm

jkisha wrote:
Eric wrote:

If some resolution were reached on this, I'd say the horse was dead. But unfortunately it still seems to be kicking to me.

Give me some time. Please.

Working through some answers.

And JK, we hear you. Yelling louder doesnt help your cause.....just saying!
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Elderberry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Didn't think I was yelling any louder than usual, just saying things I thought needed to be said and everybody has been dancing around.

You need some time? You've got a year! :wink:

melaniejane wrote:
jkisha wrote:
Eric wrote:

JK
Elderberry

Postby lazerfox » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:this is why you come and find me early next year.

why thank you for the information...much obliged
lazerfox

Postby cpart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:22 pm

just sayin'.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
cpart

Burning Since: 2010

Postby cpart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 pm

lazerfox wrote: (It is a shame that you didn't get to participate cpart! However that was the choice you made at the time.)

It's okay. I didn't know about the name tags and I didn't know anyone I could look for since I've never met a soul on here, except AntiM now. And I brought some bottles of pretty expensive wine that I wanted to share exclusively with the new eplaya friends I was about to make. I had an awesome night, and have no regrets or hard feelings about missing it due to the large crowd. I'll be there next year and if not the next or the next....
cpart

Burning Since: 2010

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:18 pm

melaniejane wrote:

Well at least you know these guys won't sand-bag you like they did me. :P We are neither of us noobs any more, eh? I will make my escape once you've got them by the throat, Mel...

:twisted:

...and come back later with a mop.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby lazerfox » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:24 pm

cpart wrote:
lazerfox wrote: (It is a shame that you didn't get to participate cpart! However that was the choice you made at the time.)

It's okay. I didn't know about the name tags and I didn't know anyone I could look for since I've never met a soul on here, except AntiM now. And I brought some bottles of pretty expensive wine that I wanted to share exclusively with the new eplaya friends I was about to make. I had an awesome night, and have no regrets or hard feelings about missing it due to the large crowd. I'll be there next year and if not the next or the next....

Next time just come in and check the water before you leave...we don't bite (unless you want us to :twisted: )
When I said whom I knew I meant walking up to people and asking them who they were on eplaya and introducing myself as my eplaya name. Which is what I did until someone told me about the name tags (which was exactly 5 people and 1 shot of absinthe later!).

Glad you had an otherwise awesome night!!
lazerfox

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Don't feel bad... when I asked someone about them, she told me "Oh, THOSE are ONLY for people who REGISTERED beforehand"... as if I was shit.

Um Hmmm... duly noted. :roll:
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby lazerfox » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 pm

:( I'm sure whomever said didn't mean it that way BBS

I'm sure glad I got to share a big ol' bear hug with you comrade!!!!
lazerfox

Postby gaminwench » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:00 pm

We've got a committee head, thanks, MJ!

We've got several folks volunteering to be Greeters...
We've got folks volunteering to guard the food...
Seems we're agreeing on not posting in the WWWW guide...
We have 11 months to plan...

Can we get back to BBS' tongue??
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:08 pm

gaminwench wrote:Can we get back to BBS' tongue??

My ear will never be the same.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby gaminwench » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:12 pm

mine's jealous...
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 pm

gaminwench wrote:mine's jealous...

After the lashing my left one got, my right one was too.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Elderberry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Sounds like a plan is in the planning stages...
gaminwench wrote:We've got a committee head, thanks, MJ!

We've got several folks volunteering to be Greeters...
We've got folks volunteering to guard the food...
Seems we're agreeing on not posting in the WWWW guide...
We have 11 months to plan...

Can we get back to BBS' tongue??
JK
Elderberry

Postby Elderberry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:25 pm

If you are talking about the name tags...yes...I only made them for people that posted in this thread; I had no other way to even guess who else to make one for. If you (or anybody else) was there and didn't get one, please let me know and I will make one specially for you and mail it out. No one was ignored or forgotten intentionally.

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:Don't feel bad... when I asked someone about them, she told me "Oh, THOSE are ONLY for people who REGISTERED beforehand"... as if I was shit.

JK
Elderberry

Postby Patsh » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm

JK... if you're really willing to make a name tag for someone who both is on ePlaya and was there at the meet & greet, my sister, Neata, would have her mind blown if she were to get one. :D My other sister, Delle and I both have ours, but since Neata didn't respond on ePlaya, there was no way for you to know she'd be there (with treats, no less!!) Delle's husband, Ken, doesn't have an ePlaya presence, (yet) but maybe he could get a 'generic' name tag. 8)

If this is feasible, I'll PM my address to you... Thanks in advance!! :P
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
Patsh

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm

I want to know more about...

my tounge... of doom.

Heh heh heh...

No, it was meant that way, but I blew it off, and could give a whit. I know who I am, I have no question who the most amazing people on the playa are 8) (you are!!!) and I gave that shit up about junior high, ya know... No drama, just blowing off steam!

By the way... I am REALLY jonsing about the 2012 burn... been in my thoughts constantly... TG that decomp is coming... (i bet my boss is saying the same thing!)

Damn... does this mean I gotta do a vodka social next year at the kantina? Just hit me, I may well be fucking DOOMED!
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:42 am

Triken wrote:JK... if you're really willing to make a name tag for someone who both is on ePlaya and was there at the meet & greet, my sister, Neata, would have her mind blown if she were to get one. :D My other sister, Delle and I both have ours, but since Neata didn't respond on ePlaya, there was no way for you to know she'd be there (with treats, no less!!) Delle's husband, Ken, doesn't have an ePlaya presence, (yet) but maybe he could get a 'generic' name tag. 8)

If this is feasible, I'll PM my address to you... Thanks in advance!! :P

Oh oh oh DAGGONE IT did I not beg and implore her to post in this thread? :P

And who would say this, much less believe it:

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:Don't feel bad... when I asked someone about them, she told me "Oh, THOSE are ONLY for people who REGISTERED beforehand"... as if I was shit.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And I still have nametags to mail out, from those who didn't go or didn't know:

Super Evil Brian
LittleJack
FaeTora
VeganChoirGirl
unjonharley
Puckmaster
Phil (TWO tags!)

Please PM me your mailing address so I can get these lovely little things off my conscience.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby Rabbette » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 am

HI, I'm shy and mostly a silent stalker on the boards. I'm trying to get better about speaking up tho, so here it goes. I went to the M&G and I was a bit confused of where to go and "check in" ie. put my homemade cherry infused vodka where it could be shared. I wandered about a bit saw people wearing name tags - was wondering where they got them and so on... found the tables of food where I placed my offering of cherry vodka. Finally found the name tag area, so I wouldn't look like I was crashing a private event. Spoke to a couple of eplaya people had some wonderful ice cream and then left.

Now with that said. I think having the checkin at the front with name tags would have been awesome. I felt totally out of place and like I was a moocher even tho I brought something to share. I didn't know many people and felt a bit akward trying to wander or work the croud (so to speak).

Thanks to whom ever brought the ice cream! It really made my day since I was having a hard time with what I had for supper back at my camp.
Smile, who cares if you don't have all your teeth.
Rabbette

Postby Sham » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:05 am

Geez Rabbette, I'm sorry you didn't stick around. Most everyone is pretty friendly there. I recognized some people, but really didn't know everyone. I am pretty sure that there were people who weren't even on eplaya mingling around.
I hope you come back next year and I promise that I will help you with your cherry vodka--and take you around to meet the bizzare cast of eplyians.

You were really welcome there and next year we will work harder to prove it. :D
Sham

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:08 am

We're a flock of bizzards? :?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby trilobyte » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:10 am

A vodka social, you say?
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Theme Camps