What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Re: What are you bringing to the Meet & Greet?

Postby Elderberry » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Definitely like the yearbook idea.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:06 pm

oooh,
can we have 'Most likely to's
and vote on really stupid things to say under the pictures??
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby Foxfur » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 pm

lazerfox wrote:I love your dream/idea and fully offer my support!
(I can edit images & pages like a mother...no really I am a mother and a marketing rep at a pretty large company)

Yay!
I really feel the need to be able to have such an album. I met so many wonderful people who mean so much to me. I've always had problems with names, not too bad, but when I'm dealing with more than 100... When I see a photo of someone on FB or here, I instantly remember the conversation we had, the music that was playing, and the scent of the food or the playa that was wafting by at that moment. A yearbook would be the next best thing to a time machine!
I was also thinking of optionally listing default names and contact info as well although contact info could easily be had by Eplaya PM (which is probably a better idea...). Also, if provided, links to the person's blog, website, FB page, etc could be included.
I feel it would be a wonderful keepsake that people could make their own decision to participate in and decide the participation level that is comfortable to them. None of it can possibly replace person to person communication and sharing but it would be a project of Eplayans by Eplayans and for Eplayans.
It makes me happy to know that you all are important enough to me to invade my dreams and give me ideas :D
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th - 404 Village Not Found

Postby graidawg » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:42 pm

loving this idea foxyfur. also love your dream damn if i had dreams i would want dreams like that.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Trishntek » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Sail Man wrote:
Trishntek wrote:It seems most of ePlayans are on the early side of town. If it weren't for that, I would suggest Retrofrolic could host a Tuesday get together. It would be a reason for some of you to venture over to the dark side,,,,,

I promise you won't have to suck cock or get whipped,,,, unless ya want to :wink:

I bet if we made that the requirement for admission to the Eplaya MnG it may cut down on some of the traffic :mrgreen:

Dr. Pyro wrote:
There was Newcastle Ale on tap at the M&G? Where the hell was I?

Sail man wrote:
Wandering around with a bottle of Absinthe?

Nodding head vigorously in agreement with both statements!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Elderberry » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I could send you the files I'll be making for next Year's name tags to include with any pictures you take at the event, if you feel that would be a worthwhile addition to the yearbook.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby Sham » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:45 pm

By the way, those name tags were awesome. I still wear mine daily and only take it off to shower. (it was pinching my skin)
Thank you for all the effort you put into those JK! It is really appreciated.
Sham

Postby Elderberry » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks Sham.
Oh, and other than the skin pinching thing, you can probably wear it in the shower...I washed mine accidentally with my playa clothes and it wasn't much worse for the wear. :)
JK
Elderberry

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:50 pm

We could probably also get the people from Black Rock Year Book to come by and take our collective picture for posterity. We'll need more nudity of course...Yggy get your hand down...and someone to be in charge of cat herding, but I think it would be a great idea! And if we say (for example) Year Book picture at 6:40, you know damn well those that really want to be there will be there. And besides, if this year is any barometer, the food will be long gone by then.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Elderberry » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm hoping that first, the event is either PRIVATE, or at the very least that the food table is set up where it isn't easily available to non-eplayans and their guests. Then, food is setup between 6:00 and 6:30 or so and serving at say 6:45. There is no need for a repeat of the chaos of last year's food service with a bit of early planning by the BOSS.

I'm all for the idea of inviting the Year Book people; actually, they might be worth contacting by Foxfur to get some ideas/help on how they do the yearbook.

Dr. Pyro wrote:We could probably also get the people from Black Rock Year Book to come by and take our collective picture for posterity. We'll need more nudity of course...Yggy get your hand down...and someone to be in charge of cat herding, but I think it would be a great idea! And if we say (for example) Year Book picture at 6:40, you know damn well those that really want to be there will be there. And besides, if this year is any barometer, the food will be long gone by then.
JK
Elderberry

Postby moonrise » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Goat head, yup I tried to get to your brewery, buuut, next year it'll have to be! (or maybe you'll be able to make it to the MnG this time around!)

MDMF, I was sooo looking forward to the good eplayan or bad eplayan spanking machine, haha, I know Imma good boy but...

Yearbook aye! Good idea Foxfur! BTW, have you notcied your dreams are more colorful after your burgin burn? :P
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Foxfur » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:43 pm

jkisha wrote:I could send you the files I'll be making for next Year's name tags to include with any pictures you take at the event, if you feel that would be a worthwhile addition to the yearbook.

Another great idea! Some of us have OCD memory banks that store every avatar on the forums.
Dr. Pyro wrote:We could probably also get the people from Black Rock Year Book to come by and take our collective picture for posterity.

Love it!
jkisha wrote:I'm all for the idea of inviting the Year Book people; actually, they might be worth contacting by Foxfur to get some ideas/help on how they do the yearbook.

moonrise wrote:Yearbook aye! Good idea Foxfur! BTW, have you notcied your dreams are more colorful after your burgin burn? :P

Yes, yes I have!

I love this place...
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:We could probably also get the people from Black Rock Year Book to come by and take our collective picture for posterity. We'll need more nudity of course...Yggy get your hand down...and someone to be in charge of cat herding, but I think it would be a great idea! And if we say (for example) Year Book picture at 6:40, you know damn well those that really want to be there will be there. And besides, if this year is any barometer, the food will be long gone by then.

*noting hands in pockets*

Doc, you mean the "babies arm holding a peach"?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Yg, are you saying that you don't approve of nudity in the eplaya YearBook photo???
gaminwench

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 pm

If I'm not mistaken, he's suggesting the opposite . . . :shock:
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Savannah wrote:If I'm not mistaken, he's suggesting the opposite . . . :shock:

+1
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Minxy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:16 pm

I love the yearbook idea. =)
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
Minxy

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 pm

allrightythen...

everyone, nekkid, at 6:45 for a group photo???
(it'll take 5 minutes for everyone to shed their 'clothes')
Cuz Doc always gets it his way...
Last edited by gaminwench on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaminwench

Postby Snow » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm already naked
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:24 pm

I vote we re-enact the original Coppertone ad, en masse!
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

MOONS!!!!!
gaminwench

Postby Jax Dee » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Hello all! I am finally returned from my crazy trip and able to post online again. Go to the open discussion forum and read "My Epic Journey Home" if you are interested in the details. That Thursday was a really hard day for me pain-wise and I took a lot of meds and passed out. I woke up at 7pm in a total panic. I had to get to the MnG! I literally started crying as I struggled to get dressed fast and had to ask my camp mates for help getting my boots on. I jumped on my bike and began pedaling towards Barbie Death Camp like a crazed person. Thank goodness Gigsville was so close. As I pulled up and saw the crowded mess of people I started to calm down. I had thought for sure I would miss everything. As soon as I realized everyone was still around my introverted self kicked in and I literally stood around on the outskirts for a good 30 minutes. It was at this point that I discovered my wonderful name tag, I loved it!!! It instantly made me feel more welcome and confident. I started to look for other people's tags and say hi. I broke out of my shell and talked to everyone I noticed. I :gasp: actually let people hug me! I tend to be a bit of a curmudgeon and the pain issues make me shy away from contact. But I was so happy to be made welcome and get to meet all of you in person.

Thank you to all of you who said hi and welcomed me. If I missed you then I am truly sorry and hopefully will have a chance again in the future. I loved my name tag and I love the idea of a year book in the future. In fact I may steal the yearbook idea for my own camp. It would be a nice gift to my friends. And speaking of gifts, thank you to all of you who brought gifts to share, I treasure everything I received!!!
May All Beings Be Well
May All Beings Be Happy
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
-Buddhist Blessing
Jax Dee

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:42 am

glad you made it JD (I hope it's ok to call you JD?).
your efforts, are noteworthy.
I hope, next year, we can visit.
I was, though, looking forward to the whole (a group of us will come carry you there) thing. Would have been a parade.
you, are inspirational (reading your about your journey).
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elderberry » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:09 am

Nice post to read first thing in the morning.

Jax Dee wrote:Hello all! I am finally returned from my crazy trip and able to post online again. Go to the open discussion forum and read "My Epic Journey Home" if you are interested in the details. That Thursday was a really hard day for me pain-wise and I took a lot of meds and passed out. I woke up at 7pm in a total panic. I had to get to the MnG! I literally started crying as I struggled to get dressed fast and had to ask my camp mates for help getting my boots on. I jumped on my bike and began pedaling towards Barbie Death Camp like a crazed person. Thank goodness Gigsville was so close. As I pulled up and saw the crowded mess of people I started to calm down. I had thought for sure I would miss everything. As soon as I realized everyone was still around my introverted self kicked in and I literally stood around on the outskirts for a good 30 minutes. It was at this point that I discovered my wonderful name tag, I loved it!!! It instantly made me feel more welcome and confident. I started to look for other people's tags and say hi. I broke out of my shell and talked to everyone I noticed. I :gasp: actually let people hug me! I tend to be a bit of a curmudgeon and the pain issues make me shy away from contact. But I was so happy to be made welcome and get to meet all of you in person.

Thank you to all of you who said hi and welcomed me. If I missed you then I am truly sorry and hopefully will have a chance again in the future. I loved my name tag and I love the idea of a year book in the future. In fact I may steal the yearbook idea for my own camp. It would be a nice gift to my friends. And speaking of gifts, thank you to all of you who brought gifts to share, I treasure everything I received!!!
JK
Elderberry

Postby Drawingablank » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 am

Glad you made it Jax, I too started out a bit shy and later on things got kind of fuzzy so hopefully we did get to chat a bit, but if not there's always next year. There were so many Eplayans I wanted to say hi to (all of them), but sadly missed quite a few.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Foxfur » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Jaxie, I love your posts. You really put yourself out there and make folks more comfortable about coming out and sharing themselves and their thoughts. You and Grai, among many others, do that for me.
I'm glad I was able to meet and talk with you on A street in front of Sex Filth Avenue. It was nice that the street was deserted, more time to talk without interruption.
I will make it over to Gigsville next year for sure. No, really!
:D
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby graidawg » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Foxfur wrote:Jaxie, I love your posts. You really put yourself out there and make folks more comfortable about coming out and sharing themselves and their thoughts. You and Grai, among many others, do that for me.
I'm glad I was able to meet and talk with you on A street in front of Sex Filth Avenue. It was nice that the street was deserted, more time to talk without interruption.
I will make it over to Gigsville next year for sure. No, really!
:D

awww thanks foxyfur. I love reading everything you write it makes me smile even on the days i feel low.

no low days for a while now though! plans are afoot! muwahahahahahahahahah *sonrt* *cough*

damn i just cant evil laugh like i used to :(
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby International Incident » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:55 pm

... back at work..
so to distract myself I've started pulling together a list of the things you didn't like about how the M&G worked and of course, mor importantly, the things that you did like.

Biggest/only (?) gripe seems to be the interlopers that ate all the tasty goods.

I will have a chat to Doc about how we might remedy that.

Be back to you all soon with thoughts on M&G 2012 :)
International Incident

Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Elderberry » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:59 pm

melaniejane wrote:... back at work..
so to distract myself I've started pulling together a list of the things you didn't like about how the M&G worked and of course, mor importantly, the things that you did like.

Biggest/only (?) gripe seems to be the interlopers that ate all the tasty goods.

I will have a chat to Doc about how we might remedy that.

Be back to you all soon with thoughts on M&G 2012 :)

It's definitely my major gripe. The event needs to be made private if we are going to have a pot luck.
JK
Elderberry

Postby Elorrum » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 pm

jkisha wrote:Thanks Sham.
Oh, and other than the skin pinching thing, you can probably wear it in the shower...I washed mine accidentally with my playa clothes and it wasn't much worse for the wear. :)

I thought I had lost my name tag that night! I emptied all my pockets the next morning, searched around, and could not find it.
um, well, I just did a load of wash, and it was in the bottom of the machine when I put my stuff in the dryer! YAY! none the worse for wear as well. Thanks for a great souvenir, and a wonderful ice breaker, jk.
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
"I'm not a madame. I'm a concierge."
Elorrum

PreviousNext

Return to 2011 Theme Camps