The TC Roadhouse... 2011.

The TC Roadhouse... 2011.

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:13 pm

I can't divulge too much yet (more will be revealed), but we have plans - BIG plans - to change up what we did this year. It's gonna be... FUN!

Anyone want in? Let me know... we'll talk.

Start early... start often!

bb
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm

This is not untempting.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:00 am

Kachina Kantina?
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:We exist... to tempt.

You need to shoot your van, Fishie, and let it know who's boss, dammit. You missed a gr8 burn!

Then again, next year WILL be better!

Next year IS always better.
unjonharley

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm

You know someone who does auto-electrical?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Hi Sue

Postby cleverburn » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Hey Sue,
Just wanted to thank you for the smiles. I'm Corey...I'm the guy who said something to the tune of "you live for this don't you, you love it." The Kantina was one of the keenest spots i saw on my first burn(of many).
cleverburn

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 pm

If MyLarry had any time off I would send him to you Fishy. Alas, it is not so. As it is, Genius must take me grocery shopping and mow my father's lawn.

So, Sue, we plan on bringing Fireball Whiskey to you. The question is, personal stash or also a bottle for the bar? Do you think others would like it?
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:51 pm

However you desire!!! We are so easy about that it's not funny... I had a couple other fire bevvies at KA last year - some were HUGE successes, others were OK, tho I still have partial bottles. I do know people will drink if it's there...

So I will leave it up to you!!!

I think it would be a success - ESP if we do the Mongolian Roadhouse thing next year - something about fire in that scenario...
Lassen Forge

Postby Lassen Forge » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:29 pm

OK... 3 possibilities so far...

(1) Kantina Apok 2011. This would be the easiest, as we already know the structure, layout, requirements etc, and have placement in a camp. Needs serious improvement both infrastructurally and autonomy issues to operate in 2011.

(2) Mongolian Roadhouse - Taken from the 1st Indy Jones Movie, as a separate camp in Terminal City. Lots of onplaya intrest. Needs a lot of infrastructure (as a new camp) and a lot of participation from those who want to be involved, this will be hard work but everyone will share in plaudits/glory of this. Upside - we have a 15 foot dome available for use, maybe a tramp dome or 2. Plus whatever you bring to the table!!!

(3) O club - Similar to something like Rosies from M*A*S*H... likely in or adjacent to the 4207th or 8069th. Same or similar issues as the Roadhouse above, but fairly straightforward to do.

The only requirements of any of this are:

The gig is done is a warm, inviting, intimate kind of feel like, well, an english pub or any one of the 3 ideas above.

It is a shared group effort - no me-ism or self aggrandizement. We ALL own this thing, and either fly with it or not... I have no ego issues to feed. Serious about that. We ALL share in the glory or defeat.

Everyone participates. You don't have the wherewithall to pull this off, please camp elsewhere, OK? No offense, but the participants in this project don't have the time for half efforts.

Interested? Lets have your ideas!!!
bb
Lassen Forge

Postby Stitch » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey Sue, I'm in. I liked the intimacy of the kantina this year, but would definitely like to see it opened up with a little more space. Mongolian Roadhouse sounds fun. I want to bring some art out next year so let me know if you need any decor sewn, painted, or made. I wanted to do a space age mini bar for next year, but the logistics of getting it out from CT are too much for me to do alone.
Stitch

Postby Risky » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:08 pm

AntiM wrote:So, Sue, we plan on bringing Fireball Whiskey to you. The question is, personal stash or also a bottle for the bar? Do you think others would like it?

MyLarry gave me a shot of this and it was wonderful. Thank you.
Risky

Return to 2011 Theme Camps