Covering the entire BRC footprint in a tarp.

Should we still have porta potties?

Yes
63%
No
10%
I'm fucking Larry Harvey. (Take that anyway you want.)
27%

Total votes : 63

Covering the entire BRC footprint in a tarp.

Postby 1durphul » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:17 pm

This year in order to reduce MOOP the BRC LLC is going to tarp the entire playa. Not only will this reduce MOOP, it'll prevent urinating/defecation on the playa.

An additional benefit is that participants will no longer need to build evap ponds.

Stilettos are banned this year obviously. Sorry.

To answer community member questions, we have not decided whether or not the tarps eliminate the need for Porta Pottys at the event.
1durphul

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:21 pm

E2K.......is that you?..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Isotopia » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:27 pm

<sinking>
Isotopia

Postby weirdscience » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:36 pm

where do you buy a tarp that big???? walmart?
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .
weirdscience

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 pm

*looks at date. scratches head. stands on head*

Nope, no matter what I do, it looks like September 23, not April 1.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Trishntek » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:14 pm

If the tarp is PINK, it will eliminate the need for evacuation of the bowels. But if it is ORANGE, it will eliminate the need to void the bladder. THEREFORE, I propose a checkerboard tarp of pink and orange; then we can do away with JOTS.

And, answer me this,,,,,, How can I be fucking Larry Harvey while I'm writing this?
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby 1durphul » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:41 pm

Trishntek wrote:If the tarp is PINK, it will eliminate the need for evacuation of the bowels. But if it is ORANGE, it will eliminate the need to void the bladder. THEREFORE, I propose a checkerboard tarp of pink and orange; then we can do away with JOTS.

And, answer me this,,,,,, How can I be fucking Larry Harvey while I'm writing this?

|=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=||=|

Like that?
1durphul

Postby Trishntek » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 pm

slow day at the office, eh?

Yeah sumpin' like that. :D

Not sure what color would inhibit vomit. Any ideas?
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby busgypsy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:29 pm

What if the playa was covered in one big gushy Dr. Scholls gel tarp thingy. It would be like walking on....a big gel thingy... or like those soft bike seat gel thingy....oh wait wait if we covered the entire playa with silicone breast implant thingys no more playa feet.
If you dug a hole through the center of the earth,and jumped in, would you stay at the center because of gravity?
busgypsy

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 pm

I wouldn't need to leave my camp, either.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Hold on a second...let me check my phone. Yep, my calendar says it's NOT April Fools Day which is a shame as this would be a great April Fools Joke.

I wonder what the carbon footprint would be to manufacture, transport, deploy, remove, transport again, and then finally dispose of such a massive tarp? (Having some fun with the idea here...)
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Sham » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:36 am

I really think the playa would be a perfect place to have several of the public pee spots spread out all over the place. It would eliminate many of the traditional JOTS, and encourage not peeing on the playa. I think most people would be glad not to go inside a porta-potty unless they had to. Pee funnels would be perfect for the women.
Sham

Postby moonrise » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:54 am

Isotopia wrote:<sinking>

What a pussy! Maybe Larry Harvey will.........................................fuck that
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby standardalias » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:31 am

[quote="Shambala"]I really think the playa would be a perfect place to have several of the public pee spots spread out all over the place. It would eliminate many of the traditional JOTS, and encourage not peeing on the playa. I think most people would be glad not to go inside a porta-potty unless they [i]had[/i] to. Pee funnels would be perfect for the women.
[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_x1ZK__IGAP8/SG2VNmA-SlI/AAAAAAAAAE0/PoM_f3N0yx4/IMG_1024.JPG[/img][/quote]

a few LEDs and some Faux Fur and that could be a cool urinal. I take it back, fur and urinals should never mix.
09 virgin
10 returned
11 can't come soon enough
standardalias

Postby moonrise » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 am

moonrise wrote:
Isotopia wrote:<sinking>

What a pussy! Maybe Larry Harvey will.........................................fuck that

Odd, why did I post this?

Iso, please accept my public apology! I cannot remember what this original quote/post was intended to be. :oops:

moon (sometimes slowly on the rise)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:08 pm

standardalias wrote:
Shambala wrote:I really think the playa would be a perfect place to have several of the public pee spots spread out all over the place. It would eliminate many of the traditional JOTS, and encourage not peeing on the playa. I think most people would be glad not to go inside a porta-potty unless they had to. Pee funnels would be perfect for the women.

a few LEDs and some Faux Fur and that could be a cool urinal. I take it back, fur and urinals should never mix.

Use real fur, it's good at hiding piss stains and it looks better.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Bob » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:
standardalias wrote:
Shambala wrote:I really think the playa would be a perfect place to have several of the public pee spots spread out all over the place. It would eliminate many of the traditional JOTS, and encourage not peeing on the playa. I think most people would be glad not to go inside a porta-potty unless they had to. Pee funnels would be perfect for the women.

Use real fur, it's good at hiding piss stains and it looks better.

Wait, those look like poo funnels.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Sham » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 pm

I guess I could picture a few hippies backing up to the hole to take (or rather leave) a crap in that. "Hey man, does anyone have some toilet paper, or some rolling papers that I could borrow?"
Sham

Postby Sail Man » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 pm

hmmm, looks like the new and improved benjo ditch.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby AntiM » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:21 am

As long as it is not stocked with benjo spiders.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Sham » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 am

My best guess is that the poo to pee ratio is 6 pees to one poo. Imagine if the porta potty use could be cut down to 1/6 the uses. I really think that public urinals could be a great experiement for Burning Man to try. This appears to be a common thing in Europe, but the US is lagging behind again in pee technology!
Sham

Postby SilverOrange » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 am

Trishntek wrote:And, answer me this,,,,,, How can I be fucking Larry Harvey while I'm writing this?

Doggy style?
SilverOrange

Postby BAS » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm

[quote="Shambala"]My best guess is that the poo to pee ratio is 6 pees to one poo. Imagine if the porta potty use could be cut down to 1/6 the uses. I really think that public urinals could be a great experiement for Burning Man to try. This appears to be a common thing in Europe, but the US is lagging behind again in pee technology!

<snipped>

Naw, it's the Puritan-ethic-thing. The Powers That Be are afraid people will use 'em for sex or something.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby pinemom » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:29 pm

ew Bas.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby lucky420 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Now if they could put those urinals on a merry-go-round base or lazy susan...
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Sham » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Sham

Postby Lassen Forge » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:16 am

It still doesn't address the gender bias inherent in humanity.

It could be designed to be usable by either gender really easy (make 2 of the 4 "fountains" one long enough to straddle), but is only made for men to use. Meaning guys have the freedom to pee, but women are left in the lurch looking for a fracking commode hidden somewhere behind a locked door.

Also... You would think that most guys could aim that thing... I bet you would have huge pee stains around each of these units. Serious... I used to have to clean restrooms at a restaurant I worked at (the fun of graveyard shift) - what, yer afraid to touch yer own junk??!!

The whole standing urinal thing is suspect anyway... figure it's a way for guys to check out each other's junk.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: Covering the entire BRC footprint in a tarp.

Postby Mightycabage » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:59 pm

damnit i accidentally voted "no" cuz i though the poll was for covering the entire BRC fp in a tarp!
Mightycabage

Postby Mightycabage » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:01 pm

I shoulda just gone with "I'm fucking Larry Harvey" and everyone woulda been happy
Mightycabage

Postby graidawg » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:21 pm

thats got to be the quickest thread hijack ever! i like the urinal idae though and funnels for the gals to straddle works too.

BBS, we are just terrible at aiming - especially when drunk. atually thats probably why the public pee place is a bad idae
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Next

Return to 2011 Theme