Specialized mountain bike found.

Specialized mountain bike found.

Postby Minxy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:19 am

This bike and another bike (a cruiser) were left parked against our mailbox at 5:20ish and G on Wed...or Thurs (memory fails me out there). This is not the dark blue bike already posted in Lost 2010 bikes. =/

We waited for someone to come back and pick it up but no one showed up so we moved it back in camp a bit closer to our RV as people had already tried to walk off with our bikes parked out front of our camp.

I believe it may be a downhill bike? After we dig it out of the pile (we just got home) I can post more info.

Thinking someone either got plastered and forgot where their bikes were or had some jerk stroll by their camp and just "borrow" it. It looks like a very nice bike!

If you lost a nice downhill mountain bike send me a message!
Minxy

Specialized bike found

Postby twj » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Greetings - After parking at Center Camp I returned to find my bike gone. Perhaps it made it to your locale. It's a grey Specialized Rock Hopper, 1990 with a standard black Kriptonite lock on the cross bar (I felt it was safe after 2 days of no-one else locking up :\. The tires are pretty new. Other than that it's pretty generic but miss it. I'm located in Alameda. Thank You for your post. It was a great year!
twj

Postby Minxy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey twj,

I wish this was your bike, but sadly it isn't. I still haven't gotten to examine it more closely but my boyfriend said it's not a Rock Hopper.

Good luck on finding your lost steed!!! <3 =/
Minxy

Specialized bike

Postby mobilePlayaMasseuse » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Minxy,

does this bike have a fuzzy sheepskin seat? left/right rear storage containers? a bag on the handlebars with a lock inside?

it would be too good to be true. (sigh).

Thanks,

Paul
paul.engel@gmail.com
mobilePlayaMasseuse

Postby Minxy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:14 pm

No, mobilePlayaMasseuse, I'm sorry. =/ It has a kinda split seat and no decorations whatsoever.

Good luck with finding your bike. <3 :(
Minxy

Postby mobilePlayaMasseuse » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:12 am

it has a split seat? so you might say, it's half-assed?

(trying to keep my humor about losing my trusted steed)
mobilePlayaMasseuse

Postby Minxy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:37 am

Ha!

I sure hope you find your bike. I haven't lost one on the playa...yet. But some dude walking by our camp just casually grabbed my boyfriend's bike and started riding off on it. Luckily our neighbor saw it and called him out on it! The dude said he had a long walk and just didn't want to walk that far....um...then bring your own farking bike? Sheeeeesh.....

As far as the split seat, it looks like it's for air flow purposes. :D :D But we can call it half-assed if we wanna! :D

<3
Minxy

Postby mobilePlayaMasseuse » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:43 am

Man, that just pisses me off. he didn't want to walk that far? what about radical self-reliance, dude?

that goes so against everything the city stands for. that guy should be ashamed.

The Man's Way would be that the guy is walking, he's aching, and either somebody offers to loan him a bike, or he asks and somebody loans him the back. then later he returns it, along with some sort of offering to show his appreciation.

but to just farking take it? that blows.

(sigh)

i went an entire week without hearing one voice of aggression or seeing a single act of unkindness. To hear about this is a bit of a letdown. But, one has to deal with reality.

the good news? more hugs for us. {{{{{HUG}}}}}} Thanks for trying to find the owner of the bike {scritching your back}.
mobilePlayaMasseuse

Postby Minxy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:52 am

Ah well. :P

The neat thing is the neighbor who stopped him was someone we had JUST met (I think they were from Canada). I chose to not dwell on the blechness of someone being a thief and thought about how COOL it was that our neighborhood bonded so fast that it became like a neighborhood watch system. :D

*smooches*

<3
Minxy

Postby dragonpilot » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm

BIKE THIEF!

Someone get a rope...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Minxy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:51 pm

ROPE?!?!??!? :D

/drooool
Minxy

Postby mikey_likeys » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:32 am

Could be mine. I don't remember the specific model of it, but it was black, had some real good shocks. It had an old fashioned round silver with pink on it bell. A black basket that was removable on the back. I smeared some glow in the dark paint on it and had taped this blinking green light to the frame.

It's a long shot, but I hope it's mine. Thing was mad cash.
Mikey_Likeys, AKA New York, Orphan Camp 2010
mikey_likeys

Postby Minxy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:56 am

No, definitely not it. Sorry friend. =/ <3
Minxy

Postby mikey_likeys » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:45 am

Hey you're not minxy from the Bob Marley Camp, are you? I think I remember being up on the top of that scaffolding and hearing two people talking about a missing "borrowed" bike, and there was a minxy there.
Mikey_Likeys, AKA New York, Orphan Camp 2010
mikey_likeys

Postby Minxy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Nope, wasn't me!
Minxy

Return to 2010 - Bikes