Need $200 ticket will call/pick up in Reno today or tomorrow

Buy, sell, or gift tickets for the 2010 Burning Man event

Need $200 ticket will call/pick up in Reno today or tomorrow

Postby elektra » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 am

I had a ticket but couldn't leave work and found another to take my place. Now I realize that what I need is a life-changing experience. Having been embraced by a camp from the Midwest, I am now tooling down I-80 in a lovingly repurposed bus with a merry band of early arrivals meant to make the playa sublime by the 30th.

I absolutely cannot afford the $300 gate price and would be so thankful to buy your lower price ticket.

Thank you.

elektra
elektra

Postby changoloco » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 am

A gift economy does not mean a barter system. When youa re asking people to give you a gift, that is not the spirit of the gift economy either. If you were meant to get a cheap ticket for a "gift" someone would offer you one and you wouldn't have to trade massage, cooking, reading or any other stupid thing for it. That is asking someone to barter for a ticket. I'm tired of seeing this shit.
Live the life you love, Love the life you live
changoloco

Postby swampdog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:16 am

I think the gate price is $360. FWIW
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

I see that I misused the word gift.

Postby elektra » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:42 am

I also recognize that the way I used "gift" to describe what is essentially a trade is particularly offensive. I think integrity is making sure your actions reflect your words, so I want to live my language. I appreciate the message.
elektra

Return to 2010 Tickets