JUMPED at Nexus... in hospital unconcsious for 28 hrs...

Postby punapeter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:51 pm

ok now that I know what grade it is I'll try to keep it very simple.
YES ASK FIRST, BUT if they don't it doesn't mean violent retaliation is right.javascript:emoticon(':shock:')

I know someone, who knows the guy who got permanent brain damage, most likely for a feather. Where's the love?

I would be very upset if someone was pulling on my feather war bonnet or blue bonnet I don't know what they were wearing. But MY though being that these are all supposed to be CREATIVE drunken assholes, is that the best they could come up with?
Public embarrassment?
Have the whole room point at him,lol I like to see his reaction.
At the most he could have been tarred and feathered and if burned it still wouldn't be as costly, in real terms.

Knocking a guy out and sending him to the hospital is a criminal act and should be prosecuted, aggravated assault at a minimum. Criminal property damage and theft if the ripped him off while he was out. if it wasn't reported, oh well? day late and a dollar short. There ain't no CSI gonna get you any justice in the Nevada desert.

Either way, you escape to the playa to follow an Ethos that doesn't include violence. Should be 86ed, both of them and any one who thinks violence was/is appropriate. You wanna fight? Go join up. Knock someone out face to face. Yawn.........ok my humble opinion will leave the class room now. play nice, no fighting.

Damn drunken, stoned trippin kids :evil:
When we used to fly we were united. :shock: :shock:

peace damn it, or I'll kick yes ass....< that is a joke
punapeter

Postby robrob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 am

Knocking a guy out and sending him to the hospital is a criminal act and should be prosecuted, aggravated assault at a minimum. Criminal property damage and theft if the ripped him off while he was out.

absolutely. and it sounds like there are enough people aware of the situation, some of which might have some leads. Even if the asshole who beat this guy ends up avoiding criminal charges, hopefully his peers and campmates can put this man in check and prevent situations like this from escalating out of hand in the future.

of course a feather isn't worth permanent brain damage, and i'd hope some of you would be a little more perceptive and see that people aren't advocating that. christ.

• education is a part of protecting our community.

• "ask first" would have prevented this situation.

• a community built on respect and consent is better- and safer- than a community that runs around fucking with other people and their things.

and last but not least:
• bad shit happens- people can get violent and unpredicatable, bullies fuck with people, law enforcement can handle things unfairly, you might just end up at the wrong place at a very, very bad time- etc etc etc. at the end of the day, you have to take responsibility for your safety and wellbeing, and that includes making appropriate decisions.

self reliance doesn't just mean "bring a gallon of water a day". It also means "don't go provoke that psychotic asshole into kicking your ass".

there's no justifying what happened, but there's also no undoing it. hopefully, at the very least, somebody avoids a shitty confrontation next year because they saw this thread and thought "hey, maybe i should ask before i engage in this activity with this fucked up stranger".
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm

Postby Mosin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:19 am

robrob wrote:there's no justifying what happened, but there's also no undoing it. hopefully, at the very least, somebody avoids a shitty confrontation next year because they saw this thread and thought "hey, maybe i should ask before i engage in this activity with this fucked up stranger".

Well taken, and so very well put.
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:28 am

I would just hope that people would learn to treat each other with more respect and that after reading this thread they reflect on their own thoughts and actions.

In Palau, (a small Polynesian island) they have only one law, just one.

Be Nice. :)
punapeter

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:04 am

I do not condone what happened to the O.P.
ditto

That said:

When people do something so "turdish", like the O.P., or, other acts of theft/vandalism, and get an overly harsh "punishment", folks feel bad for them.
Perhaps, rightly so.

And, many, admonish those who deal out the punishment, as "to harsh", and, say "he didn't deserve that"

IMHO, implying that, had the vandal known the punishment, maybe he'd not have taken his actions.

Is it not, partially, on the "vandal", to consider what sort of response is possible?

People say: "is it worth hurting someone so bad, for this action?"

Might the perp. be also required to consider: " is it worth getting hurt bad, to do what I'm about to, or now, doing?"
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:14 am

alt12 wrote:
punapeter wrote:what grade is this?

this is eplaya kindergarten. I highly recommend using the "ignore" button for people sharing their inane diatribes and overtly hostile posts..... You'd be surprised, there are handful of folks on here who post thousands of attack posts a year..... Ignore them and you can actually enjoy yourself out here...

*Chagrined, goes to bottom of bowl and hides behind castle.*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:42 am

[quote="ygmir"]I do not condone what happened to the O.P.
ditto

That said:

When people do something so "turdish", like the O.P., or, other acts of theft/vandalism, and get an overly harsh "punishment", folks feel bad for them.
Perhaps, rightly so.

And, many, admonish those who deal out the punishment, as "to harsh", and, say "he didn't deserve that"

IMHO, implying that, had the vandal known the punishment, maybe he'd not have taken his actions.

Is it not, partially, on the "vandal", to consider what sort of response is possible?

Might the perp. be also required to consider: " is it worth getting hurt bad, to do what I'm about to, or now, doing?"[/quote]

Is it worth getting hurt bad?!!!! like IF one would think they'd get the shit kicked out of them in BRC for any little silly incident as plucking feathers.
Well so much for love and alternative Ethos eh?
Seems to be the same response you'd encounter at an Oakland Raiders game, not that I've ever been to a stupid event such as that.
You know a bitch slap would have been sufficient if they felt SO enraged.

Pity and shame is all I can say if this is the best excuse, because there is NO excuse for violence or you are no different than the default world.
punapeter

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:06 am

punapeter wrote:Well so much for love and alternative Ethos eh?

Are these some sort of Rainbow Gathering principles?

We' re discussing Burning Man - I thought.

Start with taking responsibility for the consequences of your own actions. The hot stove is not being "too harsh" for burning your hand. That's you shifting blame.

The desert wind doesn't hear your weeping.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Bob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:31 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:The desert wind doesn't hear your weeping.

Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 am

never been to a Rainbow gathering maybe you'll have to tell me about it. Ug
punapeter

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:30 pm

punapeter wrote:
ygmir wrote:I do not condone what happened to the O.P.
ditto

That said:

Perhaps, rightly so.

Might the perp. be also required to consider: " is it worth getting hurt bad, to do what I'm about to, or now, doing?"

Is it worth getting hurt bad?!!!! like IF one would think they'd get the shit kicked out of them in BRC for any little silly incident as plucking feathers.
Well so much for love and alternative Ethos eh?
Seems to be the same response you'd encounter at an Oakland Raiders game, not that I've ever been to a stupid event such as that.
You know a bitch slap would have been sufficient if they felt SO enraged.

Pity and shame is all I can say if this is the best excuse, because there is NO excuse for violence or you are no different than the default world.

so, you are saying, a bitch slap, for stealing someones stuff is not ok?
What, you think, public ridicule, is the best "retribution"?
And, what of the perp, that, has not a care for what others think, and, therefore, public ridicule is not an embarrassment, at all?
I think, the threat, or possibility, of getting slapped or kicked, for being a dickwad, is a pretty good deterrent, and, if and when it happens, may well dissuade others from such dicktardedness........

I wish I could remember who, had in their sig line, which I paraphrase:

"the barbarian, is more civilized, for, he knows, being uncivil may well bring on a beating"..........

which, implies, that, the "civilized" society, with no punishment or retribution, can be more rude and "dickish", because, they know, nothing will happen.

was it Dougly?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
punapeter wrote:Well so much for love and alternative Ethos eh?

Start with taking responsibility for the consequences of your own actions. The hot stove is not being "too harsh" for burning your hand. That's you shifting blame. .

+10
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:54 pm

i must be talkin to the thunder-dome side of the playa and not the hug nation side.
So, no my saying a bitch slap was sarcasm. And No public ridicule is not a real effective tool for a village idiot in fact would most likely enjoy the attention.

But there is no argument that you can make for violence that would make you any better than one of them pro military kinda patriotic ethnocentric sports fans who go to NASCAR just to see the wrecks and get drunk.

Leave the brawls in the bars in the towns you come from.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... 3047578248
punapeter

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:59 pm

[quote="Bay Bridge Sue"][quote="Ugly Dougly"] [quote="punapeter"]Well so much for love and alternative Ethos eh?[/quote]

Start with taking responsibility for the consequences of your own actions. The hot stove is not being "too harsh" for burning your hand. That's you shifting blame. .[/quote]
[color=indigo][b]
+10[/b][/color][/quote]

BB Sue I sure hope your moma didn't burn your hand to teach you about hot things.

Are you serious? the hot stove is not being "too harsh"? what you from the Appalachian Highlands?

I guess if you are into violence in your life at home you'll bring it with you. Oh the would be total inclusion....

taking responsibility for your actions, that would be you teaching your kids about hot things by burning them?
punapeter

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:07 pm

punapeter wrote:i must be talkin to the thunder-dome side of the playa and not the hug nation side.
So, no my saying a bitch slap was sarcasm. And No public ridicule is not a real effective tool for a village idiot in fact would most likely enjoy the attention.

But there is no argument that you can make for violence that would make you any better than one of them pro military kinda patriotic ethnocentric sports fans who go to NASCAR just to see the wrecks and get drunk.

so, then, "how" do you dissuade folks from doing things like the O.P. did?

or, do you just "let it go"?

and, if so, when does it cross the line?
can he have your dinner?
can he take your drinking water?
can he take your bike?

If so, good on ya, for, being so understanding.........
but, if not,
where do you draw the line, and, what do you do, about it?

If he takes your water, and, it's not ok, do you ask for it back, and, if he says "no" do you walk away?

Or, at a point, do you slap him, so it hurts, and take it back?

What if he was doing it to a loved one, and/or, someone much weaker than himself?

I'm not so much arguing with you, as, trying to understand your mindset, so, I can try to understand where you're coming from in this.

If you're a Buddhist (or similar) and all is "ok" and "deserved", then, I can get it, and respect your position.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:37 pm

You want to understand MY mindset? why?
I'm not a Buddhist, not a Pagan, not a Christian or of any religious belief.
Not agnostic, not indifferent, I just don't claim to know.
I'm a human, I believe in restraint and education.
And yes if he NEEDS my dinner, water or bike he can have it.
If he just WANTS it HE needs to learn some restraint.

It is my experience, now that I'm not a youthful reactionary, that if you talk to someone face to face and let them know you are serious they usually get it. If they are drunk and can't get it then that is what you pay taxes for and that is why the rangers are there(supposedly to keep the peace) self-reliance would dictate you have a bouncer who is tactful and educated in defusing and extrication. And I've seen 5-2 girls do this better than 250 gorillas, but in tandem you're set.

You don't NEED to cold cock someone from behind. This is unless they are trying to kill you. Self-defense is one thing, plucking feathers is another.

Ask yourself what would your mother do.
And do you respect your mother?
What would your god/goddess do?
And do you respect them?
It's not difficult.
It's called acting like mature adults.
If the one was acting like a child you give them a time out, NOT a knock out, wrestling fans.
punapeter

Postby ibdave » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:17 pm

in 12 years I have yet seen or found a Playa-punishment handbook.

It's a City of 50K people. Highly enriched people...

Sorry for the OP but not surprised either. Just think about all the unreported incidents... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby alt12 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:45 pm

ygmir wrote:
punapeter wrote:i must be talkin to the thunder-dome side of the playa and not the hug nation side.

so, then, "how" do you dissuade folks from doing things like the O.P. did?

or, do you just "let it go"?

and, if so, when does it cross the line?
can he have your dinner?
can he take your drinking water?
can he take your bike?

If so, good on ya, for, being so understanding.........
but, if not,
where do you draw the line, and, what do you do, about it?

If he takes your water, and, it's not ok, do you ask for it back, and, if he says "no" do you walk away?

Or, at a point, do you slap him, so it hurts, and take it back?

What if he was doing it to a loved one, and/or, someone much weaker than himself?

I'm not so much arguing with you, as, trying to understand your mindset, so, I can try to understand where you're coming from in this.

If you're a Buddhist (or similar) and all is "ok" and "deserved", then, I can get it, and respect your position.

well fortunately ymgir, we have this little thing called "the law" that helps us to figure how to handle these kind of messy little situations.

The law says you can not assault someone (i.e. punch them in the back of the head) because they stole property from you. That would be a crime and you can go to jail for it. What you can do is flag down a ranger or LEO and point out that this person has just stolen something from you as this is also a crime...

Jesus, its not so difficult folks. The same common sense that you would employ in the default world applies to black rock city. And as luck would have it, the same legal rules apply as well. Walking through gate does not mark the end of Federal and state law. You are still subject to the same laws. I mean jesus, this stuff's a no brainer...
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby Tabula Rasa Mistress » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 pm

This is a fascinating topic (not fascinating in that some poor burner got injured severely enough to be hospitalized, but fascinating to me for a reason I will explain):

My Husband and I have been burning since '03. I love that on the playa, in my experience, the most severe brutality I've been witness to was getting a good ass kicking in Thunderdome (encouraged and appreciated) or a good ass whipping in the now turned to dust, Spike's (yeehaw!)...

However, I have seen some burners, intoxicated and not, fuck with other burners, only to see said other burners say something along the lines of "It's cool. No problem."

To which we've looked at each other; mellow burners who bring a jewelry making camp and lots of fluffy pillows (oh, and we both served our country many moons ago, one many years overseas, so we’ll serve you that pretty tapestry with a can of whoop-ass if you ask for it) and think not, WTF, but WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

If anyone was hanging out at Opulent Temple in '07 or '08 (sorry, I'm still fried from getting my own ass handed to me from amazing burners beading frantically all week long in Center Camp), we witnessed a person, who I saw peeking whilst appearing and acting drunk, so I believe he was completely sober; full on dead running into other burners; hurting a couple of them, knocking some over. Every single person (save one) said "It's cool, brother" and one female tried to yell at him, with her friends, a male and female saying “No probâ€
Tabula Rasa Mistress

Postby Tabula Rasa Mistress » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:53 pm

alt12 wrote:Jesus, its not so difficult folks. The same common sense that you would employ in the default world applies to black rock city. And as luck would have it, the same legal rules apply as well. Walking through gate does not mark the end of Federal and state law. You are still subject to the same laws. I mean jesus, this stuff's a no brainer...

Yep, yep, yeppers... Precisely!

Lady D
Tabula Rasa Mistress

Postby Boijoy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:11 pm

:shock: I'm not quite sure if this is perfect timing. but, I think I love me some Lady D AND her hubby. She rambles a bit.. but that just adds to the charm.
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm all pau....peace out
punapeter

Postby Tabula Rasa Mistress » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Boijoy wrote::shock: I'm not quite sure if this is perfect timing. but, I think I love me some Lady D AND her hubby. She rambles a bit.. but that just adds to the charm.

:lol: Thank you! I did ramble, just a bit (with a few grammatical errors thrown in :oops: )

::curtsies::
Tabula Rasa Mistress

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:30 pm

This topic is beginning to bore me, but since brother Ygmir asked for it, here's the quote.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:34 pm

punapeter wrote:You want to understand MY mindset? why?

because, for me, it would help to know if you're a troll, or, honestly believe and practice what you preach. Are you totally against violence, or, is there ANY situation where it's acceptable? And, if so, then it becomes arbitrary and subjective, and, I then question your feeling a right to judge another.

agreed

again, agreed

It's always a matter of "degrees", IMHO, and escalation.
The terms of engagement, are always set by the aggressor.
I tend to be passive, trying to talk everything out.
But, I also realize, there are times, a slap will avoid a punch, if the timing is right.

and, so, how would you promote/enforce/teach said restraint, if, he won't "listen to your words"?

It is my experience, now that I'm not a youthful reactionary, that if you talk to someone face to face and let them know you are serious they usually get it. If they are drunk and can't get it then that is what you pay taxes for and that is why the rangers are there(supposedly to keep the peace)

yeah, 'cause there's always a cop, or Ranger, around when you need 'em. And would you proclaim?: "hold it, time out, put my stuff down and wait right there, while I go get (fill in the blank)" to help me diffuse this situation.

self-reliance would dictate you have a bouncer who is tactful and educated in defusing and extrication. And I've seen 5-2 girls do this better than 250 gorillas, but in tandem you're set.

but, just by using the term, "bouncer", are you not implying the use of force, if, they don't cooperate?

You don't NEED to cold cock someone from behind. This is unless they are trying to kill you. Self-defense is one thing, plucking feathers is another.

And, as I stated, I do not condone what happened directly to the O.P.
my points, or questions, are, related to how to enforce your own sense of propriety and safety, if, an individual will not listen.

no idea

And do you respect them?

probably "Raven wing them" If the transgression was sever enough, otherwise, a good "bitchslap"

It's not difficult.
If the one was acting like a child you give them a time out, NOT a knock out, wrestling fans.

true that, and, my question would be, how to enforce said "time out" if they "don't wanna"
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:This topic is beginning to bore me, but since brother Ygmir asked for it, here's the quote.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

Thanks Dougly, seems this is one of several times, I've quoted one of your brilliant sig lines.
well, butchered it, but, got the idea.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby punapeter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:28 pm

[quote="ygmir"][quote="punapeter"]You want to understand MY mindset? why?

[color=blue]because, for me, it would help to know if you're a troll, or, honestly believe and practice what you preach. Are you totally against violence, or, is there ANY situation where it's acceptable? And, if so, then it becomes arbitrary and subjective, and, I then question your feeling a right to judge another.
[/color]

really you want to know if I'm a "troll" or do i practice what I preach?
Well no I'm not a troll I'm a 'burner'... and we live radical-self-reliance here in the jungle. Bring your water?lol we live on water catchment.
And do I practice what I preach, now I do. 20 years ago I may have acted stupid like they did, having not known better ways. Judging right and wrong usually isn't so hard. If it bleeds it's probably wrong.

[color=blue]agreed[/color]*

[color=blue]
again, agreed [/color]*

It's always a matter of "degrees", IMHO, and escalation.
The terms of engagement, are always set by the aggressor.(NOT ALWAYS)
I tend to be passive, trying to talk everything out.
But, I also realize, there are times, a slap will avoid a punch, if the timing is right. And the right look will avoid a slap.

[color=blue]and, so, how would you promote/enforce/teach said restraint, if, he won't "listen to your words"? ah..the question grasshopper ;)
[/color]

It is my experience, now that I'm not a youthful reactionary, that if you talk to someone face to face and let them know you are serious they usually get it. If they are drunk and can't get it then that is what you pay taxes for and that is why the rangers are there(supposedly to keep the peace)

[color=blue]yeah, 'cause there's always a cop, or Ranger, around when you need 'em. And would you proclaim?: "hold it, time out, put my stuff down and wait right there, while I go get (fill in the blank)" to help me diffuse this situation.[/color] Now you are asking me personally what I, would do? That's one possibility, yell STOP THIEF! the crowd may help...
I can't give you a single demonstrative absolute. But I do know several ways to debilitate someone without their head being split. I can render them unconscious, and let them sleep it off peacefully too.
If an advisory is intent on doing you harm you disallow that by disabling with the least necessary force. Taking the persons hand while appearing like you want to shake it gives you their hand, you can walk them around the room like a dancing fairy if you know how to hold their hand the right way. IF they STILL need escalation, snap the finger, it's possible it could be permanent but it won't cause brain damage.
Head shots can be deadly more than body shots. brain injuries are easy to sustain. You could live with missing finger more than missing synapses.

self-reliance would dictate you have a bouncer who is tactful and educated in defusing and extrication. And I've seen 5-2 girls do this better than 250 gorillas, but in tandem you're set.

[color=blue]but, just by using the term, "bouncer", are you not implying the use of force, if, they don't cooperate? Did you miss the reference completely? A GOOD bouncer rarely need force. A silver tongue over a silver sword. A little articulate, not drunk little woman can do more with a drunk than you'd imagine. It's not about size it's about knowledge.
[/color]

[color=blue]And, as I stated, I do not condone what happened directly to the O.P.
my points, or questions, are, related to how to enforce your own sense of propriety and safety, if, an individual will not listen.
First, I will walk away.
If they peruse, you are now defending yourself. To me that doesn't mean I'll necessarily will rip your larynx out through your neck and show it to you before I shove it down your throat, while you're making the mistake of grabbing my long hair,(which they always used to do) but it is possible to make some one uncomfortable without assaults from the rear. That's called chickenshit.

[/color]

[color=blue]no idea[/color]I do. my mother would not say, kick his ass!
And I respect my mother very much.

And do you respect them?

[color=blue]probably "Raven wing them" If the transgression was sever enough, otherwise, a good "bitch-slap"[/color]
A bitch-slap hurts no one but the receivers pride, would have been very appropriate. a bitch slap isn't necessarily violent. Slapping your children's back of their hands as they reach for the flame isn't violent, it's love. Letting them touch it to get burned is cruel and those people should be allowed to breed.

It's not difficult.

[color=blue]true that, and, my question would be, how to enforce said "time out" if they "don't wanna"[/color]
[/quote][/quote] :D cuff em Danno, with big pink furry handcuffs dragging a ball and chain twice their weight with lazer lights shooting a mile out.

Have a dozen tribesmen/women armed with silly string and if you get and asshole cocoon him with silly string from twelve circling members of the camp,

Have a fire bucket of green slime to pour over their head,

pants them

tie them up with toilet paper

immediacy, creatively and non-violently
have those possibilities worked out for pete sake IF you are opening a bar. if you have no experience in bar KEEPING other than you house parties don't. In a public attended event like BM you better have some professionals/experienced persons or you will end up with just this type of situation.
Be creative, it's not my kuliana to tell you how to do your business.
But people say it's turning into one big frat party.
Would certainly be a shame if it end up as such.
I think the rangers would find him by the track if he wanders off.

Did I answer all your questions satisfactorily?

Na I'm Gonstay
punapeter

Postby AntiM » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Go to your profile and enable your BBCode, your quites and colors will work then.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby punapeter » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:37 pm

thank you antiM :wink:
punapeter

Postby pinemom » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:51 am

After skimming this....Im not going to say this or that about the wrongness of physical boys reaction or take it upon himself action of fucking with someones costume.

What I will say is I did see mister feather hat and friends with feathers, wandering through our Village, and I did say"very out loud" HEY YOU, Phrat boy...NO FEATHERS!!!

and he turned looked at me a gave me the finger! so I know he was already hostile....and this was in the middle of the day.

Cant tell you what he looked like, because I gave him no Brain cell worth of energy past the no feather comment.
Do I hope you find him, sure would be nice if he'd help out with that damn airlift & hospital bill, did you do something wrong, yes, you touched someone without their permission, I would've gut punched you too or at least gave your lil' boys a knee up, but considering I weigh all of 115 lbs...most of this is talk....

Consider that yes, your pissed, hurt and got a whopping medical bill, but part of you better realize...YO! PEOPLE are on Drugs out there!!!!! Lets see... lets pluck a feather out of Mr. ON 5 different malitive cocktails, with a real asshole rooted under them. Not smart.

Moral of the story: just like your kindergarten teacher and every fricken role model we've had all your growing up life..."Keep your hands to yourself".

Very simple.

New technology has been added to the human brain...Ask before touching, sometimes the answer is YES!

To bad...you didnt comment first, find out the dude was an asshole first like I did.

Use your words not your hands.

Again I am truly sorry you got Mister whacko to come down hard on you.
But deep down after all this starts to crumble in your brain, I hope you will remember to respect peoples personal space, art, bodies, bags, cars, MV's etc...

Burningman really is about respect....it works 2 ways...maybe this is a life lesson(no Im not trying to be a hardass or a troll), but Im trying to point out something that your not able to see because your physically and monetarily hurt. Not to mention....pissed.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Theme Camps