The Kantina Apokiliptika... 2010.

The Kantina Apokiliptika... 2010.

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:33 am

Home at last... what a trip! Oooohhhh boy... the Kantina was a success the likes of which I didn't expect... we did more than I thought possible... and I have people to seriously thank for making it rock like it did....

(1) The HERRINGS. Without them, the Kantina Project would have been DOOMED before it started. I owe them a debt greater than anyone can even fathom. Because of them the kantina crap got on playa (which wouldn't have, thanks to fucking Brunhilde's shit - bye bye Brunnie!) so we could open at about 85% of what we planned - YAY!!!!!! It was what did the trick - I will NEVER forget your generosity!!!! (Drinks on me next year)

(2) One Eye Dick... You didn't even KNOW you were the transfer point... and when you found out you did what a burner does - said fuck yeah withput even blinking. God, I love you dude... AND on top of that, allowing me to use his shop to retransfer crap home via Pickup. MUAH!!!!!!

(3) Elliot, for the pianner loan. YOU made the Kantina this year. I want one next year - can we negotiate? Preferably the same unit - it fucking WORKS (andif my brother is out, he may be able to get it *really* smooth and velvety - he IS a pianner wrench, ya know...)...

(4) A-Bear - YOU, sir, are a hero!! Without you the Kantina would have failed miserably - thanks to you we did something never before done - open 18 out of 24 hours! THAT fucking rocked - and made the Kantina GREAT.

(5) Splat - Same message - you fucking jumped in, did what it took to keep it all going. Stood on the other side of the bar damn near EVERY morning to help in clean up (fuck not having an easy path from back to front).

(6) Nila, for not letting me quit, and giving me the ideas and the options to fuckinh do this burn, and all that went with it. You are true fist of Apok, and on you rests the future of doom - don't forget it!

(lucky #7) And mostly... My hunny, Shelli, for putting up with my excessive spending and insanity of all the putting together stuff and all the time and effort and silliness and dealing with the loneliness of being here while I was on playa, and coming up with the idea to save the Kantina from not being there, and well, for about a billion little things, and most especially for being my love and my life and my wife and my sweetness... I LOVE YOU DARLING!!!!

And… we have PLANS and COLLABORATIONS for next year already in the works… The possibilities are, well, not endless (OK, there’s 2) but OMG do we have something totally amazing and surprising for you coming in 2011 (IF WE - not I, but WE - can do it!).

Secret insight - I have been scheming on this since 2005 (yeah, really, no shit!) - but it's NOT a "me"... it's an "us". If (big IF) all the pieces come together, and others can and will buy into the dream - The Kantina 2010 showed mewhat COULD be done... but now it’s time to FLY!

IMPORTANT – IF you want to help… be a part of the team , You have to be willing to be a collaborator and share in the successes and anguish and fun of what WE pull off. We will share in the victory – and defeat – of what WE do. Not me… Not you… the team. Dig? There is no I in Team, just as there is no Team in Fuck You!! Let me know… you will be vetted (in more ways than one!). Contact me via PM... if you dare. Nothing promised except that together we can do what one of us cannot - and we all share in the glory equally or die trying.

Off to unpacking, so we can start the reverse relay to get Kantina 2010 home… them on to 2011!!

bb (as in Bouncng boobs) Sue...
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:39 am

*rubs fins in anticipation/glee*
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby snake » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:15 pm

bb sue you rocked it!!! looking like a gypsy fortune teller between the red curtains holding birgin palms while looking for a vision for their playa names. excellent.
snake

Postby Elliot » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:58 pm

:D
RE: Item 3

I'm glad "Old Willard" served you well. I have not unloaded it yet for inspection, but apparently that old beast tolerated Playa dryness better than the newer and light-weight unit I had in my own camp.

And the wheels made it relatively easy to move, so odds are we can do this again, yes.

Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Postby Risky » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Your Kantina was a Shining Star of Terminal Village.
Truly impressive.

xo
Risky

Postby Elliot » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm

I forget who created this image, but I found it worthy of saving for future use.
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Postby Box Burner » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:11 pm

The Kantina was great! I loved it every time I was there.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby oscillator » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Elliot wrote:I forget who created this image, but I found it worthy of saving for future use.

That would be yours truely, but here is the final rendition....

oscillator

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! ))))SMOOCH!!!(((( I don't have many good pix of the Kantina!
Lassen Forge

Postby oscillator » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Happy to oblige... here is another round...

oscillator

Postby Lassen Forge » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:26 am

Thank you, sweet one... you just brought me back home!!!

>>>SMOOCH<<<

Sure was a fun year, wasn't it? I'm still basking in the memories...

Can't wait until 2011!! Heh heh heh...
Lassen Forge

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:43 pm

keep your friends close, but keep your enemies RIGHT NEXT DOOR!

we shall be nearby next year, VERY near by...

and I cant wait!!!!
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby clerkkent » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:34 pm

oscillator wrote:That would be yours truely, but here is the final rendition....

Hey, that's us in the background, searching for a decent red color for Mr. Chomsky! (amongst other things)
7 burns and counting. Each one gets better.
clerkkent

Postby Kiro » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:52 pm

The Kantina, and Sue, were epic beyond words. As was my staggering trip back to camp. <3
Kiro

Postby Mojojita » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Nothing better than stumbling into the Kantina one night and finding Box Burner and BBSue...... and then REALLY stumbling back out.
Mojojita

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm

So, Sue, are you going to poach Misa off Doc?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Lassen Forge » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 am

I don't poach people - against nmy burner ethos. People want to be a part of, they're more than welcome (as long as they're an ACTIVE part of the theme - both Pre-prooduction and on playa. It's the only way to make a screaming cool camp.) But I won't go actively recruiting people from other camps... If Misa (or anyone else) wants to be part of the 2011 project, all they have to do is ask!!

(Isn't that like the Masons, something about 2B1ask1??)
Lassen Forge

Return to 2010 Theme Camps