Four members are looking for place to stay at home.

Four members are looking for place to stay at home.

Postby MacVs » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi brothers and sisters!
We need advice! This is our first time in Playa and we are trying to get tickets now. There are 4 of us, do we really need any camp? If yes, what should we do? What did you do in your first time? Any advices would give a huge plus to your karma :)
MacVs

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:42 am

you do not need to camp with an established group, and I would actually encourage you not to your first time out. Get to know the event before committing yourselves to the requirements of someone elses camp.

It's also very late to be looking to join a camp- most want people who've signed on long before this time.

Make sure you've read the First Timers Guide and Survival Guide and study the threads here on the ePlaya for tips- esp. the "Things you wished you had known your first time" thread.

I have no karma...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby C187 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:17 am

*Suggests you look around for that Orphan camp posted somewhere around these parts.*

*Suggests you pop a squat in the open areas.*

*Points to the links above*
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby LyraS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:50 am

Hey, MacVs! Best of luck finding tickets - search this site, various craigslist regions, etc. You shouldn't have too much difficulty, especially if you're willing to pay current price.

Several of us Orphans have banded together to form an "informal" sort of camp, as C187 mentioned. You can find that thread here.

Cheers!
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living" -- Miriam Beard
LyraS

Return to 2010 Theme Camps