We're looking for people who like to draw... and pose.

We're looking for people who like to draw... and pose.

Postby nickn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:07 pm

I'm with the art model camp, which holds figure drawing sessions from noon to 3 every day in a shade structure, with male and female models doing 2 to 20 minute poses. We're in the AEZ, on the "F" side (camp #41, probably near or at 6:30 this year). Come by to draw models, or pose - no experience necessary for either. We will have some supplies (pads, pencils, charcoal, etc), or bring your own. We will also be serving drinks afterwards.
nickn
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 am

What's your position on models who have extremely altered bodies (and I'm not talking about tattoos or piercings or elective scarification)?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39905
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Can people donate their drawings to AntiM's Home for Wayward Art?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39905
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby nickn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:44 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:What's your position on models who have extremely altered bodies (and I'm not talking about tattoos or piercings or elective scarification)?


Totally on board. We use a platform that about a foot tall but that can be pushed aside if needed.
nickn
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Postby nickn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:47 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Can people donate their drawings to AntiM's Home for Wayward Art?


People can take their art and do whatever they want with them. They only need to leave the unused parts of the pads we provide for other artists. But we don't have framing capabilities, so being buffeted by playa winds for hours will likely destroy them.
nickn
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Pasadena, CA

Postby AntiM » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:47 pm

nickn wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Can people donate their drawings to AntiM's Home for Wayward Art?


People can take their art and do whatever they want with them. They only need to leave the unused parts of the pads we provide for other artists. But we don't have framing capabilities, so being buffeted by playa winds for hours will likely destroy them.


Drawings don't fare well on the Home. However, if you can attach one to cardboard, that would be good. Also, I can take them in and bring them back the next year, mounted and/or altered.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
 
Posts: 17615
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
Location: Wild, Wild West
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art


Return to 2010 Theme Camps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest