Black Rock Municipal Court

Postby BRMC » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:41 pm

The current version of our mission statement is as follows and is subject to change.

B.R.M.C.

The Black Rock Municipal Court has been established out of necessity. To long have the citizens of Black Rock suffered the tyranny of inconsiderate a-holes and party-foulers who operate under the assumption that there are no consequences for their reckless behavior. The BRMC is a large mobile courthouse and soundstage designed to raise the bottom line on the playa with a focus on noise pollution. Our deputies will be on duty around the clock identifying offenders and bringing justice to deserving burners.

*Party Foulers take note: You will now be held responsible for your actions. Routine drink-spillers, cock-blockers, camp disruptor's, etc., THIS IS YOU!

*Inconsiderate Sound Producers take special note: You will now be held accountable for your noise pollution. Overloading blown speakers and blasting shit music will at the very least earn you a RED mark on our large 'Playa Sound Guide’ map. Citizens are encouraged to report sound violators so that our guide map is up to date. An up to date guide will fore-warn other burners of the areas that are non-conducive to a pleasurable listening experience. These areas should be avoided if at all possible and or guide is your key.

*All other Violators of common sense and decency towards others shall be prosecuted as well.

*Defendants may arrive to court with their personal attorney, represent themselves, or if they wish can take advantage of a court appointed public defendant.

Citizens are encouraged to bring forth any disputes in need of fair and speedy resolution as a panel of judges will be on duty to settle your issues. Plaintiffs: Please have a suggested punishment to offer as retribution if defendant is found guilty. If defendant is found to be innocent of the charges you brought forth then you may face the same consequences you originally suggested as retribution.

Our mission statement is a living breathing document and subject to our interpretation and will be changed and inforced as we se fit.

While not technically a theme camp, our mutant vehicle will interact with participants as if it were so I decided to post under Theme camps. If admins want me to move this thread I will do so gladly.

Much more information coming soon so stay tuned.
BRMC

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:57 pm

The 3rd largest populated city in Nevada certainly needs a Municipal Court. After all it has an Airport, a Department of Public Works and even Rangers, so IMHO having a Municipal Court would be a fine addition to the metropolis of Black Rock City, Nevada.

(The fact that you plan to identify those egregious offenders overloading blown speakers and blasting shit music automatically got my support. Hell I read your post out loud and got cheers from our group over here!) And on top of it all you're offering mobile justice! No more taking time to find the courthouse, no pesky hard benches to sit on, etc...yeah, I like this. I REALLY LIKE IT!

There's so many creative angles to work with this one...Best of luck to you!
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:06 pm

I'll bring lawyer drag. Hell, I worked at a law firm & hated it- I can pretend to be one of them. Love your idea!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIcKkKID8k&feature=related[/youtube]
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Isotopia » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:53 pm

And those convicted will be require to pay their fine how?

I'm just asking because I have a few ideas.
Isotopia

Postby Isotopia » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:53 pm

None of them good.
Isotopia

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 am

...tell it to the Judge!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:43 am

Isotopia wrote:And those convicted will be require to pay their fine how?

*over loud speaker*

"Paging corporal punishment, corporal punishment to the lobby please"

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Token » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:33 am

Deathguild filled that role just fine this past decade +.

We want Thunderdome!
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby ygmir » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:43 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk[/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Dustdevil » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:20 am

Will the court be able to pass judgement on lessor crimes? I understand that Black Rock Parking Enforcement will be back again this year.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

Postby BRMC » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Kinetic V. Thank you for the encouraging words. We really appreciate your response and couldn't agree more regarding the number of creative angles. Sound violations will be our special interest. Outside of that we decided to open it up to whatever burners have to offer. We want to encourage participation so as many angles as we can fit in the better. Be sure to stop by and say hi and help keep our playa sound guide up-to-date.

Eric. Please do! We need as many participants as possible and we definitely need lawyers. That clip cracks me up, I keep playing it :)

Isotopia. We have some ideas but are still weighing the pro's and con's. We want to hear what you have to offer so please share here or email us at BRMCourt@gmail.com

ygmir. Spanking is a very stong possibility. If you have any expertise and want to participate please contact us.

Token. Thunderdome is an excellent way to settle disputes and I imagine we'll refer lots of cases to the deathguild. Some disputes can only be settled one way, Thunderdome. The number of violations has got to a point though where we need to have multiple ways of dealing with it. BRMC is here to help.

Dustdevil. The court will pass judgement on any crime brought forth. If the parking enforcement would like to use the court to serve justice then that can be arranged. We want to encourage participation so if other groups serving justice would like to join forces we're all about it.

If you want to participate send us a message at BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC @ 4:30 & G

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Just wondering what the fine would be for not hiding my erection in public?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby BRMC » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:19 pm

[quote="oneeyeddick"]Just wondering what the fine would be for not hiding my erection in public?[/quote]

We encourage self expression as long as it does'nt interfere with someone elses good time. If you don't offend others with your erection you should be fine, otherwise punishment will come down to what you've done with your erection and who's on duty at the time of your hearing.

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Postby Clar-i-ty » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:36 pm

ygmir wrote:
Isotopia wrote:And those convicted will be require to pay their fine how?

*over loud speaker*

"Paging corporal punishment, corporal punishment to the lobby please"

Did somebody say spanking!?!
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby FaeTora » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 am

Not school teachers. At least not in public schools in Texas or New York. Thank gawd. I think that is a parents job, though spanking children does lead to agression issues later in life statisically speaking. I have that study around here somewhere. ::hunts through psychology journals for the study::
We break to remind us how to mend.
FaeTora

Postby ygmir » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 pm

BRMC wrote:ygmir. Spanking is a very stong possibility. If you have any expertise and want to participate please contact us.

To

well, yes, yes I do............

In fact, the whole regiment does......
Private Parts,
Corporal punishment
Sargent Pepper
Major Labia
General Disarray
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby BRMC » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:34 am

ygmir wrote:
BRMC wrote:ygmir. Spanking is a very stong possibility. If you have any expertise and want to participate please contact us.

To

Private Parts,
Corporal punishment
Sargent Pepper
Major Labia
General Disarray

Perfect. With names like that We're sure you're up to the task of shelling out discipline. In many cases a suitable punishment would be a session with your regiment. We can definitely use your abilities.

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Postby ygmir » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:05 pm

BRMC wrote:
ygmir wrote:

To

Private Parts,
Corporal punishment
Sargent Pepper
Major Labia
General Disarray

Perfect. With names like that We're sure you're up to the task of shelling out discipline. In many cases a suitable punishment would be a session with your regiment. We can definitely use your abilities.

*standing at attention, saluting* (no hands)
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby bx1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Can I be a judge? I swear I'll be fair. :twisted:
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

bx1

Postby Shaman-n-KK » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:29 am

[quote="oneeyeddick"]Just wondering what the fine would be for not hiding my erection in public?[/quote]

"If you don't offend others with your erection you should be fine, otherwise punishment will come down to what you've done with your erection and who's on duty at the time of your hearing."

I think the only offensive thing about a playa erection is where you might try to "hide" it!

Can I move to add shirtcocking to the list of punishable offenses? Sentencing should include mandatory underdrawers and hearty (yet mocking) laughter.
"Shaman-n-KK: Campaigning for a DBag-free Playa experience since 2000"
Shaman-n-KK

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: OSIRIS

Postby BRMC » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 pm

bx1 wrote:Can I be a judge? I swear I'll be fair. :twisted:

Something tells me not to believe you. Stop by the courthouse though and talk us up, maybe you can swing the gavel a bit. Then after you prove that you can in fact swing the gavel we may give you a case to hear :D

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:59 pm

What's the penalty for yum-yucking?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby BRMC » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Shaman-n-KK wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:Just wondering what the fine would be for not hiding my erection in public?

"If you don't offend others with your erection you should be fine, otherwise punishment will come down to what you've done with your erection and who's on duty at the time of your hearing."

I think the only offensive thing about a playa erection is where you might try to "hide" it!.

:D

Shaman-n-KK wrote:Can I move to add shirtcocking to the list of punishable offenses? Sentencing should include mandatory underdrawers and hearty (yet mocking) laughter.

Great idea! We won't even vote on it, shirtcocking offences will go straight to the mission statement and constitution. The punishment sounds fitting too. Should we bring new drawers or put out a donation bin for used?

I really wish I could edit my original post to include all the suggestions we've got in the last few days, not to mention fixing my typo's.

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Postby Jackass » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Is over-furring punishable by BRMC law? What about frat boys and sparkle ponies, can you throw the book at them too?? :lol:

P.S. You should take the gig over to center camp and prosecute mooching- campless hippies as well, that would be awesome!!
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby Jackass » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:49 pm

There are threads for that, you might try using the search feature there "scam artist"
Jackass

Postby BRMC » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Jackass wrote:Is over-furring punishable by BRMC law? What about frat boys and sparkle ponies, can you throw the book at them too?? :lol:

Over-Furring. Hmmm....good question. This will have to go to the committee for discussion. We may have to turn to a special interest group for some clarity on this issue, possibly the fashion police. If you have any suggestions please post them as we weigh all options presented.

Jackass wrote:P.S. You should take the gig over to center camp and prosecute mooching- campless hippies as well, that would be awesome!!

Thank you for the suggestion, we're discussing it now. Lots of good options with this one. You should join us in the cleansing of CC.

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Postby Token » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:52 am

Pants Canon.

Nuff Said.

No, wait...

This just in:

Merkin Canon.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby BRMC » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Token wrote:Pants Canon.

Nuff Said.

We were just talking about this and how great of a punnishment it is for shirt-cockers. The roof of BRMC is available to use as a launching deck if the operators of this device need a shade covered perch to fire from.

Token wrote:No, wait...

This just in:

Merkin Canon.

I have no idea what this is but am definitely interested. This device and it's operators are also more then welcome to post up on our roof.

Justice must be served.

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Postby C187 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:40 pm

So.. I can chase your mobile court room and offer myself to defendants as an attorney.

Prepares the hair cut/do..
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...
C187

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Stag Camp 8.0

Postby BRMC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:29 pm

C187 wrote:So.. I can chase your mobile court room and offer myself to defendants as an attorney.

Prepares the hair cut/do..

This is incouraged as we can never have to many attorneys. The feathery Edwards mane is great and you can really sway a judge with it if done properly. I would definitely start working on it asap if I were you.

BRMCourt@gmail.com
BRMC

Next

Return to 2010 Theme Camps