MAL-MART MEGA STORE - Open to New Camp Mates - sign up NOW!!

Postby FireBerri » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:59 pm

MAL-MART IS BACK!! And This time it's a MEGA STORE!!!

OPEN TO NEW CAMP MATES!!! JOIN NOW!!

MAL-MART IS Doubling in size for 2010 and Towering a massive TEN STORIES above the playa at the Incredible location of ESPLANADE AND 7:30

CHECK OUT PICS FROM THE FIRST MAL-MART IN 2008:

www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=MAL-MART&m=text

Our camp is one of the easiest, most freestyle camps in BRC... no ridiculous work loads, no schedules of who must do what and when etc. Our camp has a dedicated key crew who run the place, all other camp mates just need to show up and have fun!! Of course we welcome help and voluntary work, but it is minimal. There is space in the actual stucture itself if you want to live condo style in a high rise.... The Most Amazing Way To Live in BRC!!

We have room for tents, RV's, there is a communal area for cooking, an outdoor shower (supply your own water).

As for the fun stuff! The structure is filled with living space, chill out space, theme rooms, balcony's and viewing platforms. We have three resident DJ's and will be throwing about 4 Massive Parties during the week.

Camp dues are minimal... just $125 secures your place in the camp in one of the most amazing locations in BRC. If you want to get more involved and take on one of the Theme Rooms as your own creative project, let us know!

Any questions, let me know!!

email me at ShaunOSullivanLA@yahoo.com

All the Best,
FireBerri
FireBerri

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:58 pm

How the hell did i miss that in '08?

Were you on the esplanade?
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby FireBerri » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Hey there,

In 2008 we were at 7:30 & A... this year we were invited to be on Esplanade as one of the most highly regarded camps out there... apparently the BRC organizers received so many amazing comments about our camp that as soon as they heard we were doing it again they offered us Esplanade right off the bat!!

If you want to join our camp, you are welcome. we are an amazing drama free group of people, and our work load is really not much... apart from the build (built by our early arrival crew, and decorated/lit up by the rest of our core group when they arrive on monday) there is very little upkeep. we have a bar, resident DJ's and thi syear we are kicking it up a notch or tow to double the size of the structure!!

ESPLANADE and 7:30!! woohoo!!!!
FireBerri

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I would imagine that a camp on Esplanade inherently has a bunch of work to do...

Cant wait to drop by
Fire_Moose

Postby FireBerri » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:20 pm

On the contrary, as any one who camped with us can testify, the work load for our camp is extremely minimal... we have a core group who happily do most of the work, leaving the bulk of our members all the time they need to enjoy all that BRC offers... voluntary work is accepted of course, and help with the tear down... but other than that... almost no upkeep work for anyone outside of our core group!

we are the very model of a freestyle camp... no rules, no regulations, no one barking orders, no one telling you what to do, or where or how etc.

No stress. No drama. Just freedom, parties and joy!!
FireBerri

Postby MaitreMaximillian » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Wow! What a great fit for the Metropolis theme! Ten stories? I HAVE to see this. Must be badass.
MaitreMaximillian

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:I would imagine that a camp on Esplanade inherently has a bunch of work to do...

Think of how many people in need of heckling go by every minute.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Fire_Moose » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 am

Hahahaha true dat
Fire_Moose

$125 to sit on my ass....tempting!

Postby Crankful » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:27 pm

What do I get for my $125...any food, drinks, etc. I am prepared to bring all that I can haul in my 73 Lazy Daze to be self sufficent and then some. How do I pay my rent? Can I reserve a room? what floor? Penthouse available? Type of volunteering options? I have been a Naked greeter for a couple years (quite a sight) I also have worked a the Post Office at Toyko in 08. I have had a couple of art projects on the playa and I am attending my 10 burn. Hit me back please.
Crankful

Postby FireBerri » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:41 pm

The price of dues is mainly to cover the cost of building the camp itself, so the need for self reliance is still primary for all our camp members. There will be a communal kitchen area built with gas stoves etc (for cooking your own food) and a communal outdoor shower (bring your own water).

So what you get for your $125 is the joy of contributing to an incredible Theme Camp with a massive interactive Structure.... the bonus of which is you get to camp at an amazing location (esplanade at 7:30, right on the corner of the Keyhole) without all the hassles of arriving and trying to find an open spot in the vast city space.

There are three ways you can camp with us... we have room for an RV if you have one, we have space for tents (if you are tenting it) or you can do what a few of us are doing and live in the structure itself (condo style!!!).... seriously the most amazing way to live in Burning Man! I lived in the structure two years ago and it was such an amazing experience!

But even if you just want to tent it, having a tent set up in the Mal-Mart camp is so much better than finding a tent spot out in the back streets, for one thing we have so many RV's that we are able to create a "containment wall" of RV's that will really help protect the tents in our camp from the sometimes high winds out there.

We are a really great group of people, dedicated to giving back to the BRC community by creating a theme camp experience that will be legendary!! Our group is stress and drama free, and we don't run the camp with any rules, regulations etc, and any work needed is voluntary since our core group are happy to cover the bulk of the work needed.

Any more questions, or if you want to sign up, get back to me ASAP and I will get the ball rolling for you by connecting you to our camp's administrators.

check out our website

www.mal-mart.org

(FYI, the site is temporarily offline till tuesday, july 13 undergoing some maintenance)

Best,
FireBerri
FireBerri

Postby skibear » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm

bumper sticker seen at BM:

Mall-Wart Your source
for cheap plastic crap

:twisted:
crash & burn ski lessons given
skibear

Burning Since: 2002

Postby merkin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:05 am

These guys are truely living up to the theme of a metropolis... They are charging for a reserved preferred parking spot in the City!

Assuming a 100 x 100 plot = 10,000 square feet and you can fit a tent with two people on 100 square feet, you could sell 100 parking spaces at $250 per space (two people / "members" per space) for $25,000 - not bad for a week's work!

A metropolis is built on business ecomomics... I hope you get rich with your business plan!
merkin

Postby FireBerri » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 am

To Merkin - Not sure if you are joking with that reply you posted, or maybe you haven't been to Burning Man before... Mal-Mart Mega Store is a massive camp designed to give all the citizens of BRC an exciting, joyful and fully interactive theme camp to play in. Our camp has room for no more than 100 people, and the cost of building the camp exceeds $13,000. The camp dues of $125 per person (even with a hundred people in the camp) would not cover the cost of building it. Many of the core group are spending WAY in EXCESS of $125 each... so this camp is costing us all a lot of money, but we do it because we love it and want to give BRC something amazing.

So please don't spread posts like this, it's not accurate and it's not in the spirit of burning man to accuse us of trying to make money out of it. The people in our camp are devoted burners who want nothing more than to contribute, not take.
FireBerri

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 am

how much to rent a suite for saturday night...do you charge by the hour?
Fire_Moose

Postby FireBerri » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:59 am

Fire_Moose wrote:how much to rent a suite for saturday night...do you charge by the hour?

LOL! No Charge!! Seriously, the structure will have several "private" rooms that some of our camp members will be living in.. but other than that, the vast majority of the rooms and space in the structure are fully interactive and open to all BRC citizens. For those looking to catch some zzzs or take a break from the sun, there will be several Hammocks dotted around the structure, some chill rooms with pillows etc... so if you want to sleep for a few hours in the building, I am sure you will have no problems finding space to chill in the structure.

So no rental charges, no hourly fees... if you want to take full possession of a room for the entire week, either as private living quarters or as a room to show off some art or other form of self expression, then that would require joining our camp, but other than that.. the Mal-Mart Structure is for ALL BRC CITIZENS!!
FireBerri

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm

I figured it'd be packed during the burn :)

In all seriousness, i can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this.
Fire_Moose

MAL-MART theme camp

Postby dustbunny4 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:39 pm

[quote="merkin"]These guys are truely living up to the theme of a metropolis... They are charging for a reserved preferred parking spot in the City!

Merkin - I visited the mal-mart camp in 2008 and what those guys achieved was miraculous. One of the best camps ever. Not only did they build an amazing structure with no wealthy benefactors, but their camp embodies everything that burning man is about. I don't expect you to understand, because this type of endeavor requires a lot "doers" not "spectators" like yourself.... these type of big installations and art pieces are not made for free! they take a hell of a lot of money, and countless hours of work that no one gets paid for! Especially not the people in charge! You would know this if you bothered to get to know them or ask about how their camp works before you go posting negative and possibly destructive comments... these guys live in the spirit of giving that burning man stands for.... you clearly do not.

Please do your homework and find out what they are about... in fact, you should donate to them to help them achieve this amazing project! That would be in the spirit of burning man.
dustbunny4

Re: MAL-MART MEGA STORE - Open to New Camp Mates - sign up N

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 pm

FireBerri wrote:...and open to all BRC citizens.

Um. This is a tower, isn't it? I strongly suspect you've not done what you'd have to to get me im.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:30 pm

We can rig up a fishy pulley system
Fire_Moose

Postby FireBerri » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:14 pm

next year we'll work on getting escalators and elevators! Ha! wouldn't that be a trip?!!
FireBerri

Postby FireBerri » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm

The Man Burns in 50 days!!

All those peeps without a camp... don't struggle in the Dust! Come home to Mal-Mart Mega Store and feel the love.

www.mal-mart.org
FireBerri

Postby talito » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:29 pm

hey fireberri, sounds fabulous. do you know what days and times the parties will be?
talito

Postby FireBerri » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:28 am

talito wrote:hey fireberri, sounds fabulous. do you know what days and times the parties will be?

Mal-Mart's Parties are still be worked out, since we have a lot of DJ's vying for spin time. Including our resident DJ Todd Spero!

We'll be having some Later afternoon parties, and some big night ones!

Look for more info closer to the time!

FireBerri
FireBerri

Postby geekster » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:15 am

we have a lot of DJ's vying for spin time

Wow, I have never seen THAT happen before.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

room with a view

Postby Crankful » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:17 pm

I waited for someone to contact me via email and it didn't happen so I could not WAIT another second..............I pushed the donate button and I can't wait to secure my room near the elevator.
Crankful

Re: room with a view

Postby FireBerri » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Crankful wrote:I waited for someone to contact me via email and it didn't happen so I could not WAIT another second..............I pushed the donate button and I can't wait to secure my room near the elevator.

I sent you a personal message about this. email me back :)

FireBerri
FireBerri

ants in my pants

Postby Crankful » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:28 pm

I am sorry but I am not really good at waiting to return home! You had mentioned the possible need for some early arriving help?....still a need? Also what can I bring to help the camp? I have costumes and other fun items but is there anything you think would help....I am looking forward to the new friends I will meet and wish I could have come to Venice this weekend!
Crankful

Postby Pink Daddy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:15 am

Morning peeps!

So, I was wondering if I could possibly trade for a DJing spot in one of your parties? Our camp will have sound this year and I'm the engineer putting it together, so I can trade a timeslot with one of your resident DJs. I'm also putting together a deep playa party on Wednesday night, if that'd be more interesting to one of your residents.

Let me know what you think...
Pink Daddy

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 am

There are more DJs than DJ slots. Everybody's going to hang on to the one or two they do get.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby Pink Daddy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:10 am

I'm guessing that you're not actually part of the camp, just a forum troll. But, regardless, thank you for your 2 cents.

I camped next to these guys in 08. Their bartender got me totally trashed one night. Anyways, I asked them then if I could spin on their tables since I was a DJ without a venue. They let me spin when their DJs were all recovering from the night before. They are good peepz and everyone had fun. So, while they're still in their planning stages, I wanted to throw this out there...
San Diego Co-Regional Contact (E-mail: sandiego@burningman.com) - Camp Inspiratum - What inspires you?
Pink Daddy

Next

Return to 2010 Theme Camps