Although I don't have the resources...THIS would be AWESOME

Although I don't have the resources...THIS would be AWESOME

Postby pelicanjake » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:38 pm

2 different theme camps would be absolutely kick ass on the playa.

1: a gym. if the city had some sort of wacky workout facility that would be so cool

2: a trash service. if i had connections to my city's waste department, i would love to drive the truck up and collect/compact trash for BRC.

just throwing that out there.
I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

Kurt Vonnegut
pelicanjake

Re: Although I don't have the resources...THIS would be AWES

Postby Orchid » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 pm

pelicanjake wrote:1: a gym. if the city had some sort of wacky workout facility that would be so cool

Here you go:
http://earth.burningman.com/brc/2010/playa_event/2459/
Orchid

Postby pelicanjake » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:16 pm

wonderful :)

I am on the "O" section of the 2010 theme camps right now actually. didn't quite make it to pink gym
I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

Kurt Vonnegut
pelicanjake

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm

pelicanjake wrote:2 different theme camps would be absolutely kick ass on the playa.

<snip>

So, create them.
Really.
Anyone can have "kick ass" ideas, but only a really amazing person makes them happen.

I don't mean this in a personal way, but expecting someone else to create something that you think would be cool is like coming to my house and telling me to paint it colors you like.

If everyone waited for someone else to create their vision we'd have 50,000 people sitting in the middle of a dustbowl with nothing to do.

And I said that much nicer than some of the others would....
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby MaitreMaximillian » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:11 am

Here's another one:

http://playaevents.burningman.com/brc/2 ... vent/2384/

It's a fitness event we have but it's not in a "gym".

The University has an athletics program (well, athlustics), and the university has the space for a gym, but we don't have any gym equipment - yet. :-)
MaitreMaximillian

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Eric wrote:
pelicanjake wrote:2 different theme camps would be absolutely kick ass on the playa.

<snip>

So, create them.
Really.
Anyone can have "kick ass" ideas, but only a really amazing person makes them happen.

Eric is so right about this. And then there is something to be said for starting small and catching up to your vision, or taking the "manifestation skills" to work on your next vision.
I bet for a couple of hundred bucks and some thriftstore/yard sale scouring, you could find some weights and a bench. Put them in your shade structure and offer to spot for a couple of hours in the morning. When the event ends, you'd have met people who might be interesting in co-creating something bigger. Or you might be ready to do something else.

One thing I've learned from burningman is that doing a little thing leverages in all sorts of interesting ways.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lucky420 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:57 pm

that is great advice. looking at the themc camps on bm and here on eplaya a person wonders "how the hell did they get started?" or "how would i go about...?" Not this year as i am a virgin but this gives a starting point for sure.
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Return to 2010 Theme Camps