Looking to volunteer for new camp

Looking to volunteer for new camp

Postby RocketGirl (ONA) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:43 pm

We are a married couple over forty that can cook ,dance, teach zumba do yoga, help with art projects, offer counseling, spiritual guidance hugs , great communication, high energy, compassion. We know Conexus, members of rhythm society in SF.Looking to meet new friends /camp! Am a little late but can help with projects in Bay area! Due to unforseen circumstances are a liitle late for BM!
Iam located in Sausalito CA. Iam interested in purchasing 2 tickets at the lowest price possible. Am willing to volunteer, would be interested in exploring new camps. Missed lower priced tixs for unforseen circumstances.
Ona Schissel (Rocket Girl)
RocketGirl (ONA)

Postby veleda » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Hey there!

I'm Veleda with Sacred Spaces Village. I'm also a member of the RS, though just this last year. I did the Butterfly Sanctuary at the last ANDC before Gemini.

Would love to chat with you and get you involved! We hold meetings most weeks in Glen Park in San Francisco.

Lots of Luv!!
Veleda

oh and you can check us out at www.sacredspacesvillage.org
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village
veleda

camp to join

Postby zifra » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:22 am

This year I will be creating the Lazy Lizard Lemonade Lounge. We will serve lemonade with and without vodka in the afternoons to any lazy lizards that want to rest in our huge shade canopy, lying on rugs and pillows. I am seeking up to 15 campmates.

Campmates must be open minded, drama free and friendly folk, who will enjoy interacting with your fellow campmates and any lizards who drop by. We will hold 3-4 events during the week, a scavenger hunt, some kind of crazy art class (depends on what I find) and a couple of other yet to be determined. Campmates are asked to be there for all events and to agree to staff the camp and welcome guests one full day of the week, to be scheduled before the event.

You will either contribute funds or food to the general kitchen, and provide your own sleeping space and water. Cooking and cleaning is shared. Communal bathing area will be set up. We would ask that, as you can afford it you also bring pillows (blow up is fine), lemons, vodka and lizards to decorate the camp.

We have campmates, experienced and not coming from all over the world, and from 19 to 57. All good people are welcome as space permits.

Let me know if you wish to chat further.
Zifra
100'th Monkey Camp
G at 8:45
Black Rock City 2012

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby FjordLynn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm not sure if you found a space already, but the Hookah Lounge is also looking for members. We are asking for $200 in dues, and with this we serve a hot buffet dinner Monday through Friday, and provide a shower, power, and gray-water management. There are no shifts nor duties, we just might ask for help moving something now and then.

The full info and sign up are below. Even if you don't join, I hope you can drop by for some Hookah, tea, or coffee :)
The Hookah Lounge Theme Camp Organizer
2010 - Ring Road & 6:00, 2011 - Anniversary & 4:20, 2012 - Alyssum & 4:20
Rate us on Yelp! We are no longer open for members to register this year, but please come by to enjoy some hookah!
FjordLynn

Postby mishkaax » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi, this is my first time going to Burning Man. My original plans fell through and I need to find a camp to stay with. Please let me know if you still have space available, I can help with whatever is needed, can cook, clean, dance and make lemonades :)
mishkaax

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:13 pm

You don't "Need" it, you'd prefer it. Be your own fallback. Unless you are extreamly lucky, your neighbors will warm, wonderful, helpful, and your new family/camp/fellow cult members.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2010 Theme Camps