3 young New York Ladies looking for artistic camp

Postby dragonpilot » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:I know what you're thinking. Look! It's the Man! And nobody is camping close to it! Plenty of space out here to set up. Why not right next to this burnable effigy? What fun we'll have! ;)

What! You can't set up next to The Man? Dammit! Back to the drawing board!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Clar-i-ty » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:53 pm

falcon451 wrote:My only criticism was of the tone and name-calling, not the advice and warnings, which were all admittedly valid. The tone, friendliness, and helpfulness has improved considerably, thank-you. It was just that to hear this obviously sincere, earnest and delightful woman be derogated as a Sparkle Pony and a Helpless Damsel within the first few hours and first few responses to her sincere and legitimate inquiry was a little much for me. Really don't think that's what we're all about.

Falcon, I don't know what Playa you're from but the one I go to gave me a smart spanking upon arrival. Steph, consider yourself spanked. And if you're looking for a good smart bottom, come find me at Barbie Death Camp. Happy to oblige.

(BTW, welcome home!)
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby falcon451 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm from the playa where one of the enlightened moderators of eplaya has provided the following suggestions for this forum:

[quote]Snark. We all do it, and some snark is fine and downright funny. Abusing newbs, even if they are DJs, is not snark. That's just mean. Cut it out. Unless it is the gal asking for a ticket to manifest itself every year, she's fair game.

When an earnest question is asked, please, helpful replies first. No matter how much you want to tell them to read their fucking ticket and the fucking survival guide, don't. Try something polite before ripping them a new one. [/quote]

I guess my mistake was being too much of a rule-follower and too acommodating of "newbs". I should be punished with a brisk paddling. Can I look you up, Clar-i-ty? I'm guessing we would both thoroughly enjoy the experience . . .
falcon451

Previous

Return to 2010 Theme Camps