10 New Yorkers looking for a camp

10 New Yorkers looking for a camp

Postby Tabasco n' GrapeJew » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey there. We are a group of around 10 folks in our early twenties making the trek out from New York in a 22' RV. Three of us are second-year Buners and the rest are virgins. We include both sexes and there are two recently graduated engineers amongst us you can put to work on your camp's infrastructure, sound system, mutant vehicle or whatever. We are completely self-sufficient and will be bringing our own tents, shade structures, bikes, food, water and other supplies. All we need are some cool peeps to Burn with.

Mutant vehicle and good placement are a plus.
Tabasco n' GrapeJew

Postby Token » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:38 pm

What are you willing to pay per person?
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Re: 10 New Yorkers looking for a camp

Postby Sham » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Tabasco n' GrapeJew wrote:Mutant vehicle and good placement are a plus.

Welcome to eplaya. I hope you folks are getting prepared now. Time is running short now. Token is right; at this late time, you may have to really sell yourselves to join a camp with a cool mutant vehicle and good placement.
Can you tell a bit more about yourselves?
Sham

Postby Tabasco n' GrapeJew » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Well, last year we paid around $300 per person in camp dues, but that included a lot: water, generator, alcohol, bikes, rebar, storage, etc. This year, since we're bringing EVRYTHING we need in the RV, we don't expect to pay as much to join a camp. That being said, we would gladly lay down whatever is necessary to become involved in a really cool theme camp or one that has an awesome vehicle.
Cash is not our strongest selling point, however. Again, there are two engineers (one mechanical, one electrical) in our crew that love making cool shit. The rest of us have a lot of energy and a really good work ethic, not to mention a pimped-out 1975 RV to chill in on those diabolically hot afternoons. And of course we would gladly let the camp tap into the 2000W generator we're bringing. We can also haul a lot of shit to the playa from any point between NYC and BRC (along Interstate 80, probably).
Tabasco n' GrapeJew

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh dear...

I don't know what to say...

But, being Fishy, I will try to babble on anyway.

I don't know who charged you $300 last year or how you found it. This might not be the best place to look. This board is peopled by a lot of codgers, cranks and purists. (and the rest.) Many of us work off our butts year round to get our camps up and running for that one week, and the idea that less than 3 months before the gates open someone can sort of waltz in and take advantage of that might rub some the wrong way. Also, the word from the LLC is that they are trying to cut down on the number of "Bedroom Camps"; now whether their tactics will work, or even if the name designates what I think it does is an unknown at this time, and maybe for all time.

I suggest that you try contacting camps that are listed in this thread as still looking for members (many are already closed) by private message and see what comes of it.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby phoenixashes » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:06 am

hey i sent a pm with some info... my computer has been having issues with PM's lately though so if you didnt get it let me know
To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly- Henri Bergson

http://www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com/
phoenixashes

Postby Peacekeeper » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:04 am

hey...

We've been keeping an eye out for some east coast burners to bring into our mix, so please feel more than welcome to camp with us, minitropolis...

check our camp details here:
http://www.megatropolisproject.com/mini ... mecamp.htm

we are a very very international crew of burners, experienced and new - our core crew has nearly ten years experience of running camps(we sued to be the black rock internationl burner hostel), and the farkin ridiculous amount of infrastructure ten years generates...

We got people coming from Ireland, the UK, New Zealand, Canadia, France, Israel, Japan, Germany, Italy, and Spain, and all over the western USA, but none from NY so far - and we've always had New Yorkers, we love them!!

we charge $150 membership, and for that we provide, amongst other things, vast vast quantities of shade, huge well prepared kitchen, showers, private portaloos, power, and usually(fingers crossed!) awesome placement at around 9o'clock and B/C - 2 blocks from our dear friends the Deep End(coming back to BRC as DISTRIKT in '10)...

Engineers eh? Well we could use some input on our big project this year, MEGATROPOLIS, a giant deep playa installation, check it here:

http://www.megatropolisproject.com

and we're running an irish/british pub called the Rising Arms(it opens at 7am and runs til the sun starts going down...).

we got an art train called Jethro, operated by Skullfuck, a micro crew of degenerate Kiwis within our camp...

anyway - have a look at our site, have a think, a talk, and then let me know...

Peace
Irish
Peacekeeper

Minitropolis camp

Postby Beave » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 am

Irish is wise.
If you guys wanna catch up with us then please contact me via minitropolis@gmail.com and we can get you into camp before all the places go.

Peace
x love & light x Beave x
Beave

This might work!

Postby Brandon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 am

Hey Tabasco,
Are you still looking for a camp to help with.
I have a small group coming from the east coast and we are building a big artcar, and I actually have been looking for someone to help with the structural design. Let me know if you can help, camp charges would be low or none. We are more about the collaboration.

Check out the designs here ----> http://www.turjmahal.posterous.com

The eagle has spoken
Brandon

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 am

It's about giving, not getting.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Well. I've been proven wrong.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2010 Theme Camps