Black Rock Syndicate

Black Rock Syndicate

Postby Mr.? » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:43 am

Black Rock Syndicate will offer 40,000 watts of bass thumping audio to the citizens of Black Rock City every day from noon to sundown Monday – Saturday. BRS is a group of individuals from Las Vegas who have spent our entire lives preparing to build this camp. In the default world the fabricators of our structures have been responsible for building many of the Las Vegas landmarks. Several of Sin Cities best and brightest marketing and entertainment directors will bring the biggest electronic DJ artist on the playa to our parties. Our sound system is one of the best in Las Vegas, having been rented out by Wet Republic, Rehab and Ministry of Sound for additional sound when major artist are performing.

[img][img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/rakingron/25993_396649189743_540679743_485581.jpg[/img][/img]

Our stage for the DJ booth is a giant skyline theme with a 22' tower that participants can climb and use for observation. Our dance area will house three dancing platforms, (approximately 30' in front of the DJ booth) the largest over 7' tall with a fire poll for quick escape. The entire set of stages and risers will be covered in many bright colored spandex shade sails and run with misting lines. As of right now we are more than 50% complete and ready to finish this project by middle July.

[img][img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/rakingron/Chickens_Camp_Rendering2.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/rakingron/27867_390630634380_760704380_380549.jpg[/img][/img]

If you are an interested in camping with us, supporting us or just want to DJ for us please check out the website at www.brcsyndicate.com

If you are in the Las Vegas area and want to come to one of our upcoming fund-raiser please join us!

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at home.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
Mr.?

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:33 am

I really like that there's silhouettes so we can know what sort of skinny raver babes will be dancing there.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 pm

One of the girls up top looks stuck up.

Yes, I consider that a Dangling participle.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby bm_cricket » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I really like that there's silhouettes so we can know what sort of skinny raver babes will be dancing there.

At least one of them is wearing an Asian conical hat. And is performing some wild and crazy dance'n.

I appreciate that you are building a themed dance floor. Much cooler than simply bringing giant speakers, loud music, and no ambiance. That's why I liked the Deep End. It may have been loud, intense, and drunken, but it had style!

And I'm glad you are trying to fill the day-time dance needs.
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 pm

I was hoping you'd be running a protection racket.
Ugly Dougly

Postby ygmir » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:I was hoping you'd be running a protection racket.

I'd think a saytre such as yourself would always have protection........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Ygmir, I have to wear Kevlar, didn't you know that?
Ugly Dougly

Postby ygmir » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:25 pm

I have no recollection of ever interacting with you, sir, is such a manner, that would require that information, or, eventually imbue me with said knowledge.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Kevlar clothing and football helmets are a daily necessity for some folks.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby ygmir » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:09 pm

this, from a man with a 23" head.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 pm

hold on a second wasn't yours like 29" or something like that ?
oneeyeddick

Postby ygmir » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 am

not quite, Beldar............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby lhyr » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 pm

so, yer page says $250 to register pre-playa (understandable i guess), or $300 to register ON-PLAYA.

i thought there was some thing about taking money on playa for anything.

i just don't understand how someone who hasn't registered before they get on playa could be ok to camp with you for $300. one of these things... is not like the other. seems like making plans to assist folks so they aren't as radically self reliant to me.

that aside, yall look like you're already fabricating a bad ass camp! let us know where you're located when you find out so we can stop by!
lhyr

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:38 am

shhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but [s]many[/s] some camps collect dues on playa. It's a horrible practice that is bringing us all to a sticky end, but it cannot be stomped out.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Between all the sticky ends and dusty balls I don't know if I can ever sit down in someone else's chair ever again.
oneeyeddick

Postby Mr.? » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:53 pm

so, yer page says $250 to register pre-playa (understandable i guess), or $300 to register ON-PLAYA.

i just don't understand how someone who hasn't registered before they get on playa could be ok to camp with you for $300. one of these things... is not like the other. seems like making plans to assist folks so they aren't as radically self reliant to me.

that aside, yall look like you're already fabricating a bad ass camp! let us know where you're located when you find out so we can stop by!

All I can say is that I've personally donated a significant amount of money out of my own pocket (over $7,000) to build this stage, risers and shade. I hover over this project like a proud mother over her child. I spend 30+ hours of sweat equity each week; I plan and donate every ounce of energy I have to this project, and have done so for over 4 months now. The amount of time, money and love poured into this project is insignificant when it comes to camp dues however; the reason being is that the $250 I charge is for the cost of food (2 meals per day), rental of generator to power the air coolers, freezers and supply campers with a power grid. What funds are left over for that will be spend on transportation and other random objects that are associated with building a 32' air cooled dome, fully functional kitchen with running water and appliances. If you don't care to spend the $250 I'm sure you tent will be quite nice?

As far as the extra $300 goes for paying on the playa... Well you should have planned a little better and sent that money in earlier?

Don't worry though! The 3000 square feet of shaded dance floor, 9 towers and risers and the open bar will be open from 11am to sundown every day... AND THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THAT!! Oh ya and the DJ's and sound system.. There is no charge for that either.
Mr.?

Postby rediknight » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm camping with Black Rock Syndicate and September can't get here quick enough. Just saw the update with the confirmed sound system and it is very nice.

Meyer system with 8 26" subs and 6 tops!

This picture is just half the system.

Also know that Elite Force wants to play the camp and many more amazing DJs announced soon.

Heard about 3 of the themes and each day is gonna be sickkk!!! As soon as themes for each day are 100% confirmed I'll make sure to post here so everyone has enough time to plan out their costume.

Plus the main DJ that will be putting together the lineup is DJ Brett Rubin who is one of Vegas' most successful DJs and well connected. Dude won the TV show "Party Monsters Cabo" on VH1. He could be partying up with Playboy Models at the Palms on a big Labor Day weekend but he'd rather skip that and enjoy the time with his fellow Burners.
rediknight

Postby rediknight » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:55 pm

*** Themed Schedule Announced ***

Monday – Meet and greet BRS

Tuesday – Mad Hatter – Bring your hats, Alice n Wonderland or rabbit costumes and see how deep the rabbit hole goes

Wednesday – Villains and Super Heroes – Dress fun, be creative and cause havoc or fight the evil forces that linger.

Thursday – Parasol Twist – Thursday BRS will give out over 100 colorful parasol umbrellas to citizens of BRS and fill our dance floor with happy and bright colors!

Friday – Sea Merchants and Deep Seas – Pirates are very common at Burning Man with all the pirate art cars, theme camps, and activities. Should be one of the funnest themes of the week.

Saturday – Saturday Fever – 70’s and Disco! Break out your favorite disco outfit it’s all about the disco balls!
rediknight

Postby rediknight » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Camp will be at 8:30 and Edinburgh
rediknight

Postby rediknight » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Updated FAQ on camping with us:

http://brcsyndicate.com/camp-with-us.html
rediknight

Postby alt12 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:27 pm

sounds awesome... I'm bummed you guys aren't on the other side of the city.... Seems like there will be no big day-time party place over on the 2:00 side.... that being said, I will be there!
alt12

Burning Since: 2003

Postby rediknight » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:33 am

lhyr wrote:so, yer page says $250 to register pre-playa (understandable i guess), or $300 to register ON-PLAYA.

Spoke to our fearless leader Chicken aka Mr.? and he cleared the confusion on this. Reading his comments up above I was still under the same impression you were.

But I found out the on-playa registration is ONLY for someone who has committed to camping with us prior to Burning Man, but won't have the money until a couple days before Burning Man when it is too late to send in their camp fee.

ie. 2 weeks before the event Big Johnny says "I want to go to Burning Man and camp with you guys." Chicken says "Sure, its a $250 camp fee." Big Johnny says "OK but I won't have the money until Friday before the event starts." Chicken says "We will already be out on the playa setting up and will have to purchase your food before then, if you can't have the $250 before we leave for the playa, then you will have bring your $300 camp fee with you to the playa.

This will encourage people camping with us to get their camp fee in early and not wait til last minute. But there will not be any selling of camping spots to new people on the playa. Of course no one is going to Burning Man to spend more money once they get through the gate. In all likelihood everyone camping with us will pay their $250 and the $300 price point will not be needed.

I think the word "registration" is what causes the confusion.
rediknight

Postby rediknight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:07 pm

***Theme Change****

Saturday – Saturday Fever – 70’s and Disco! Break out your favorite disco outfit it’s all about the disco balls!

has been changed to

Saturday - Inaugural Wet-n-Wild Closing Party - Your last chance to get Wet and Wild at Black Rock Syndicate Sound Camp. We will blast off our remaining water from our water cannons before its time to get ready for the Burn.

* We didn't want the disco theme to influence the DJs on what music to play.
rediknight

Postby cutmeoffandcallmeshorty » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:53 pm

For Fuck sake, bring back the Saturday disco gig, I was all excited there for just a minute whilst reading down the post,

Maybe if I wait a little longer it will turn into naked Panda wrestling or something.

Bring back the Disco or else! And I aint fucking around here.
"Tis better to be well disliked,
Than not liked at all."
Ned Kelly, 1884, Australian Outlaw.
cutmeoffandcallmeshorty

Postby rediknight » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 pm

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty wrote:For Fuck sake, bring back the Saturday disco gig, I was all excited there for just a minute whilst reading down the post,

Maybe if I wait a little longer it will turn into naked Panda wrestling or something.

Bring back the Disco or else! And I aint fucking around here.

Of course you would say that. Most that are camping with us were not too hot on the disco theme and the problem is that we don't want DJs to turn down playing that day because they think they have to play disco.

Fortunately for you the Guide will be printed with the Disco theme so I'm sure plenty will still show up Discoed out. But for the DJs there is no pressure.
rediknight

Postby dj_john69 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Going to be a great party !!! The whole lineup is fucking sick. :D
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Camp Name: Root Society & Apex

Postby Mr.? » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:22 am

DJ line up due out Wednesday!!
Mr.?

rip off!

Postby drbombay » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:21 pm

This camp sounds like a complete rip off of the Deep End. I'm glad Distrikt is the new Deep End.
drbombay

Re: rip off!

Postby rediknight » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:48 pm

drbombay wrote:This camp sounds like a complete rip off of the Deep End. I'm glad Distrikt is the new Deep End.

I can assure you that it is not a ripoff. It is no secret that Chicken loved the Deep End. But he's been planning this before he knew about the Distrikt. When you see the finished product you will see that many camps inspired us even Opulent Temple.

So do you think when Chicken learned of the Distrikt he should've scrapped the whole idea because there was another Day Party on the Playa? With over 40,000 people there is room for 2 day sound camps on the Playa.

There are some superb DJs in the Vegas scene and now they will be represented on the Playa. San Francisco is represented quite well with Opulent Temple and the Distrikt. Now with Syndicate there is an avenue to get more of the Burning Man talent to play Vegas as well.

The guys at the Distrikt clearly don't think the same way you do drbombay or they wouldn't be playing our camp or having our own Brett Rubin play theirs.
rediknight

Postby capjbadger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Gotta love a guy who's first post is a to be a jerk. :roll:

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Next

Return to 2010 Theme Camps