another newbie

another newbie

Postby phoenixashes » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:50 pm

So after browsing the camps for a few days, and at the recommendation of a friend of mine, i thought i'd post here. seems like im a little late as far as finding a camp, but here's to hoping.

I'm a 21 year old art student from the SF bay area. i love music ( although i don't generally play/sing in front of people but there's a first for everything), art (mostly ceramics/sculpture), theater and cooking.

I have experience in construction, have done work on general construction as well as theater/set construction. I also have done a lot of camping/backpacking growing up and i think i have most if not all of my gear already

i have an idea for an art piece i want to do, but not sure about getting it done for this year, but there's always next year right?

so thats me in a nutshell you can reach me either through PM here or at

Postby MaitreMaximillian » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:16 am

There are openings at my camp in a number of roles - adult, technical, artistic, and general. Have a look at my site ( and see if the theme of my camp holds any interest for you.

In any case, I wouldn't give up so fast on finding a theme camp. Keep up your search, because I'm sure that there are many camps that still have openings. Have a look at last year's camps also; many of them will be returning in 2010.

Postby StevenGoodman » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:14 pm

You should be at the Newbie BBQ today!

6/5 BBQ-A-Newbie Picnic W/ the Volunteer Resource Team
Golden Gate Park from Noon to 5pm **Costume swap**

Martini Steve
Playawaste Raiders and Megaton Bar and Grill

Return to 2010 Theme Camps