Krazy Kats from Portland, OR in need of a camp!

Krazy Kats from Portland, OR in need of a camp!

Postby QueenFreak » Tue May 18, 2010 7:56 pm

What's up? My boyfriend Nik and I (Claira) will be attending Burning Man for the first time this year and are looking to hook up with a theme camp (or a reg'lar camp) upon our arrival. We are both in our early 20's and hungry for adventure. We're creative types (Nik does art and I do writing) and while we're already busting our budgets to attend (as I'm sure a great deal of you are as well) we would be more than happy to contribute to a camp with food, labor, alcohol, crazy stories, "party favors", great music, and overall good vibrations. We have all our own supplies covered and we are NOT interested in mooching off of whoever takes us in (as I gather is the case sometimes from reading some of these threads). We ARE interested in having a sweeeet Burning Man experience (I've wanted to attend since I was 10 years old), and trying to ensure that everyone else has the same. Nik's a Libra, I'm a Pisces. We will be driving down from Portland, OR, so if anyone's interested in talking about a ride share please shoot me an email and we can discuss details.

Postby Beave » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:19 am

We have some space if your interested.
Large well resourced camp of adventuring International burners old and new..

Have a look at our project MEGATROPOLIS and support camp MINITROPOLIS and gmail me if you are interested.
Space going very quickly :0)

gmail:!/pag ... 4622158809
x love & light x Beave x
x love & light x Beave x

camp mates

Postby zifra » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:26 am

This year I will be creating the Lazy Lizard Lemonade Lounge. We will serve lemonade with and without vodka in the afternoons to any lazy lizards that want to rest in our huge shade canopy, lying on rugs and pillows. I am seeking up to 15 campmates.

Campmates must be open minded, drama free and friendly folk, who will enjoy interacting with your fellow campmates and any lizards who drop by. We will hold 3-4 events during the week, a scavenger hunt, some kind of crazy art class (depends on what I find) and a couple of other yet to be determined. Campmates are asked to be there for all events and to agree to staff the camp and welcome guests one full day of the week, to be scheduled before the event.

You will either contribute funds or food to the general kitchen, and provide your own sleeping space and water. Cooking and cleaning is shared. Communal bathing area will be set up. We would ask that, as you can afford it you also bring pillows (blow up is fine), lemons, vodka and lizards to decorate the camp.

We have campmates, experienced and not coming from all over the world, and from 19 to 57. All good people are welcome as space permits.

Let me know if you wish to chat further.

Cannot wait top get home!

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"

Postby raquelita » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:14 am

Hey Zifra!
My partner and I would be stoked to join your camp! We love lemonade and we're super easy to get along with and helpful. What's the next step?

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:55 pm

What happend to Camp Catnip? or was that even the name. They had a thread and everything...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2010 Theme Camps