seeking home for a few of us

seeking home for a few of us

Postby maryjenny » Fri May 07, 2010 3:56 pm

This will be my 4th year on the playa and somehow ended up with quite a few virgins in my group this year (about, 4-5) and one other veteran. The more planning we do, the more I realize it's seeming to fall on me! SO: I am wondering if there are any camps out there that might have room for 5-7 people. It'd be great to camp with some new people this year, with a little more experience!

we are all great people of course :), self-sufficient, and could set up our own camp, but thought it would be more fun to join an exisiting group and pitch in and therefore not be the veteran making all the decisions. My main concern is finding communal shade structure in which I'm not skilled at building, but everything else we have under control!

any thoughts?
maryjenny

Postby lemur » Fri May 07, 2010 5:26 pm

my thoughts?

it may have probably been better to start asking about this earlier.. as far as I see many of the camps I am aware of started looking for people to fill them well over a month ago... I'd guess a lot of the bigger camps are moving on to other aspects of planning now that their rosters are filling up..

good luck finding a home!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby curiousgnate » Fri May 07, 2010 5:33 pm

check out stagcamp.proboards.com. we are happy fun and have group shade as well as many activities that you can or don't have to participate in.
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby curiousgnate » Fri May 07, 2010 5:36 pm

you would however have to be sefl sufficient, etc. and read the philosophy etc. I would also recommend having your own shade as well as group shade as group shade fills up each day and is not a sleeping place necessarily. No dues fees, etc. but also no community meals or comm shower etc. so check us out we might be a good fit maybe not?
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby MaitreMaximillian » Fri May 07, 2010 8:30 pm

It would probably help your search for a camp - especially a camp in which you'd fit best and have the most fun - if you posted a little bit about EACH of the 7 of you: basic info about you + what kind of things you like to do in a camp + what themes you're interested in + what activities you'd like to orchestrate or what skills you'd like to practice at BM. Think of it as an ad for roommates (which it kind of is). That way someone might see some facts and say, "Hey, you would be perfect for our camp."

But I dunno; you're a vet and I'm just a noob.
MaitreMaximillian

Minitropolis

Postby Beave » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:15 am

We have some space if your interested.
Large well resourced camp of International burners old and new..

Have a look at our project MEGATROPOLIS and support camp MINITROPOLIS and gmail me if you are interested.
Space going very quickly :0)

gmail: minitropolis@gmail.com

www.megatropolisproject.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_fq7G_a_s
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 4622158809
x love & light x Beave x
Beave

Return to 2010 Theme Camps